Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Therapist talked about Three Questions?

Silver Member

Question Therapist talked about Three Questions?

Last week my therapist talked to me about three variables. Sexual preference, gender and gender identity. My answers were Sexual preference, strickly attracted to females; my gender is male (we discussed this and it sort of came down to do you like your bits in simple terms) and Gender Identity I said both pretty much equally.
    I'm curious if others see it this way? Also if you don't mind me asking what would your answers be?
    If you are not interested in answering or find my question offensive please just move on, thank you, Sara

For me, the answers are: attracted to females, I don't like my bits, and female.

Absolutely attracted to FEMALES, Gender is male but I wish, and no I don't like
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    For me, the answers are: attracted to females, I don't like my bits, and female.

I feel the same way.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

creating self-roadblocks
    I've been in and out of therapy for many years due to a mood disorder and for the desire to improve myself and the way I live my life. I never bothered bring up CD'ing...until now. Recently I've had to changer therapist and during my last session with my old therapist I finally "came out" because I had "step outside my comfort zone" (with aspects of CD'ing) and felt the need to share. When I met my new therapist the normal questions were ask to get to know each other. At the end she asked if I had anything else to tell her and as difficult as it was I went ahead and opened up. She didn't really ask those questions, but I did address them as I told her how I felt about CD'ing. However, sexual preference didn't come up; I guess I didn't feel that needed to be included. My description of gender identity is a mix of both. No clear line as to what is masculine and what is feminine. I just as who I am and don't feel there needs to be one or there other.

-Rachael

Banned Read only
    At that time my answers were both, I didn't like my bits they had to go, and female.

If asked these questions today I would answer: both, love what I have and should have been like this from day one, and female.

sexual preference - female,
    gender - male, do I like my bits? not really
    gender identity - female
    but none of it is as black and white as I would like...
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

Sexual preference - female
    Sex - male
    Gender identity - oscillating

I prefer females but in all honesty over the last couple of years "it just feels right" or wutever to be interested in a guy, until that like completely plays out I can't be like totally sure, but I'm not even ruling it out. Gender was assigned as male at birth, the big dream is to fix that big boo boo ASAP if/when finances permit, and my identity is like so totally female.

Preference female sex male gender identity a bit of both

Preference: FEMALES.
    Gender:male, but am ambivalent about the bits. Most of the time a pain, but sometimes a source of great sensations.
    Identity preference: A mixture of male and female in looks, and for the most part male in behavior.

Each therapist I've seen has asked me those questions, I think it's just to help them get a grasp on how to address our problems better.
    Me: Like females; Never was happy with my genitals, but that was more because they weren't the right size, and didn't perform on demand; gender identity? Really varies a bit, as much as I feel like and want to be a girl, all my thought patterns and communication styles are distinctly male in nature.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Sometimes_miss, the end of your last sentence is well put. I know being raised as a male I think mostly like a male. I do have empathy, I notice thing females generally notice, like what someone is wearing, a change in hairstyle... but generally I think as a typical male. I don't give my intuition much input, I try to use logic instead... As for gender identity I love doing masculine things appearing as a male and feminine things appearing as a female. Exceptions may be feminine things appearing male like getting a facial...
    Thanks for the replies all!

I had a therapist ask the same long ago, he suggested homosexuality which I vehemently denied yet I suppose he was partially correct for once I tried men, I found I liked them. So now I would say, men, male, female.

My answer to all of those would have to be "ambiguous". Who I am as a person is the main thing, all other affectations follow.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd say pansexual (in that i like whomever i like) male but underwhelming and 60-40 female i think
    "Life is like a movie: If you've sat through half of it and it's sucked every second so far, it probably isn't going to get better right at the end and make it all worth while. No one should be blamed for walking out early..."

Add me on MSN or Facebook
    Pippa_J_10@hotmail.com
    Http://www.Facebook.com/PippaJ2010

Silver Member
    Totally attracted to the female form, yes I do like my bits and enjoy the pleasure that goes with them, feel the need to be both male and female and happy to be so

I have never wanted to go to one but somehow I always thought the 3 questions would be.... Do you have health insurance that covers this.... What's your VISA card number... And the name of your next of kin.... But I guess not...

Females
    Male
    Male
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Sexual Preference: Females
    Gender Identity: Female
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I would have to say female and male,
    has always been a struggle with my bits, I would say No
    and I am a male but have always struggled with this too! Man I feel like a woman!
    actually prayed for it when I was younger.

My sexual attraction is strictly female; my sex is male; my gender is feminine and masculine with a stronger emphasis on the feminine.
    Hugs, Carole

sexual preference: Both honestly
    gender identity: prefer female but act very male when in drab

I guess I'm the odd one out. I am attracted to women
    I like my genitals
    I identify as a male with some of the better female traits.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Sexual preference - females
    Gender - like my bits just fine
    Gender identity - fluxuates, but a little more male of late. Life has forced me into a holding pattern, and if the things holding me up were removed and i was allowed to live as i want than who knows where i'd end up.

Cassie

Crazy Lady
    There is actually a forth item, body itself, and how masculine or feminine it is, such as small hands, wide or narrow hips, facial features, etc.