Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking Good vs. Feeling Comfy

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)

Question Looking Good vs. Feeling Comfy

I don't know if this is just a whine, or if it's a topic for discussion. After a few hours dressed, I start wanting (needing, really) to get back into boy mode. It's not because I'm tired of looking pretty. That never happens! But my scalp wants me to take the wig off, my feet want me to take the pumps off, my ears really don't like the clip-ons, and my facial pores would like to breathe.

Okay, I can wander around in my stocking feet, and the earrings are not a big deal one way or the other, but without the wig I just don't feel right. I don't look that great to begin with, but without the wig I look gross.

That last haircut was a mistake. I should have let my hair start growing long again. But long hair doesn't help much when you're missing the front two inches because your hairline receded years ago.

Do others have the same feelings? I know some of you dress more than I do ... how do you deal with the comfort issue?

i actually feel more comfy the other way around.... could probably wear 4" heels all day and well have in my going out ventures. I tend to whine the other way when i need to dress back....

I really do not have those problems. I used to use clip-on earrings until a got both ears pierced a couple of years ago, or was that early last year. I did occasionally have sore ear lobes after wearing the clips when out and about. I also have one wig that is just a tad too tight which sometimes gives me a slight headache later in the evening. I always do my best to try to eliminate feet and toe pains by using different shapes and sizes of those soft gel shoe inserts and strategically placed tape when the shoes rub me the wrong way. I put all that in perspective and just grin, actually really smile, and bear it. It is so special for me to be out on the town that putting up with a little pain and discomfort is more than worth it.

I'm more comfortable when dressed although the wig can itch after a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanie View Post
    i actually feel more comfy the other way around.... could probably wear 4" heels all day and well have in my going out ventures. I tend to whine the other way when i need to dress back....
    I feel like Stephanie. I can't go with 4" heels maybe 3-3 1/2" boots now those I could wear all day.
    I wear hose/panties and a bra most days unless I am going to the gym. I even wear small breast enhancers in my 36B bra.

Ditto about feeling more comfortable when wearing and looking how I wish opposed to how society wants me. I could stay in heels for a long while, and perhaps the corset for several hours. I have spent a whole day in the wig, and regretted when the time came for it to come off

I know the fun is over when the hose come off. Then I know it is back to drab. :P

I could wear a dress forever and I have my ears pierced but I have large feet so fitting into a shoe that is a small is hard for me.

lol whats boy mode?

Jenna, you sound like a natural born woman lol! Stupid boys! They don't have to deal with bra straps and garter belts and sore earlobes and frizzy hair and smudged mascara and they can take their shirts off whenever and pee standing up!! hehe You're cute
    [SIZE="2"]"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not"[/SIZE]

For some crossdressing is just not an all day thing, they are not comfy. For others it is the more they crossdress the better. Then there are the full time girls of course that is who they are and it was never about the clothes. Does it really matter if you are happy? As for the pain of heels you can always wear low heels or flats and more pratical female shoes. Lots of woman do that. Clip on earrings well I think that can be a problem because they pinch your skin tightly and can cause pain. Get your ears pierced not a real big deal today many males have them done. There you go problem solved.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Aspiring Member
    I'm with you Jenna.
    Ditto for me too except the receding hairline. I still need the wig though.
    Isn't it such a complete downer when you realize you have to change back? I find that I fight myself about it even though the comfort level is approaching zero.
    I suppose it just makes the anticipation of the next session that much better.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    I never spend more than a few hours dressed. I'd like to, but the wig starts to "get" to me after a while. I just take off the earrings when they start to pinch...

I feel more comfy in girl jeans and a cute top, along with a pair of reasonable heels than in anything I have in my guy wardrobe. This time of year a wig is a blessing to me since I am extremely follicularly challenged! LOL

The only comfort issue I have is with my corset. When I wear one to make the outfit look better I usually cinch it up pretty tightly. I've worn one for as long as 14 hours before but prefer to go without. Many a time I've loosened and then taken the corset off altogether while driving home.

Other than an occasional headache, usually from a new tight wig cap, I only have the usual pains from high heels and such. During special times I've stayed dressed for as long as 3 days (except when I slept of course).
    Sally

Basically to "woman up" and ignore the discomfort. This is how I used to dance for hours and hours.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I hear comfort is over rated!! I plan to look good every time.. Otherwise why even break out the makeup kit?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    Then there are the full time girls of course that is who they are and it was never about the clothes. Does it really matter if you are happy? As for the pain of heels you can always wear low heels or flats and more pratical female shoes. Lots of woman do that. Clip on earrings well I think that can be a problem because they pinch your skin tightly and can cause pain. Get your ears pierced not a real big deal today many males have them done. There you go problem solved.
    I've seen more than a few women (who I'm pretty sure were assigned female at birth) for whom is IS about the clothes! There used to be jokes about how the husband is ready to leave for the movies or party or whatever in 5 minutes, but the wife has to spend 45 minutes agonizing in front of the closet, because it's important to look right.

Does it really matter if I'm happy? My goodness, yes! I guess I probably don't understand your question, or what you're referring to.

"Problem solved," you say -- but you didn't mention the wig. That's really the biggie, I think. You want it to be tight enough that it doesn't skootch around, but not so tight that it cuts off circulation to your scalp.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    My "sister" Karren knows at home I don't wear makeup. I have pierced ears and keep studs in. The hair is all mine, so no itch head. At home it is barefoot. The last time I had on heels before this last weekend Christmas Party was........I don't know! My girlfriend says I am SUCH A WOMAN....hahaha!

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

[QUOTE=Jenna Lynne;2350693] But my scalp wants me to take the wig off, my feet want me to take the pumps off, my ears really don't like the clip-ons, and my facial pores would like to breathe. QUOTE]

You have gotten allot of good advice so far, with a few more tips from all maybe we can drop the discomfort level a bit. Some of it is just time and getting used to things but allot of it can be dealt with.

I have wigs I can wear all day, and wigs that require a wig cap which I find uncomfortable. My wigs really get itchy if they have product (Hair Spray,gel) built up in them so I wash mine often and rinse them out well. Check the inside of the wig and see if any hairs are sticking thru and tickling your scalp; a small crochet hook can pull them back up. At a GNO in the summer more than one of us has snuck into the bathroom taken off the wig and scratched the scalp for a few minutes. Some smaller ones that are too tight can be extended by snipping the elastic and sewing in a longer piece.

I like the tip on more comfortable shoes, No harm in rotating them while you are dressed. If you dont want flats a high heel with a wide base will be more comfortable, have you ever tried a wedge ? I remember the 80's and all those women in power suits with tennis shoes on, kinda glad that went away. Do all your heels hurt ? Once you find the "magic" pair it gets much better. There are also exercises on line that help, there is a you tube video out there just search how to walk in heels.

I feel clip on earrings are torture devices. A friend taught me this one. Put a dab of foundation on your lobe, take an earring and cut the stud off sand it down with a nail file. You can use a tiny dot of superglue and glue it on. When you take them off the glue will peel off with the foundation or a bit of nail polish remover will loosen it right up. If you want you can even glue the backs on. Just dont use too much glue it can leave a red spot; try it on your hand or arm first.

Pores cant breathe. What makeup are you using? For a quick photo session or if Im at home ill use much lighter foundation because beard cover isnt as big an issue. Mac is more comfortable than Max Factor, and different powders can be an issue . I think this one just takes some getting used to sometimes a very light mist of water will help out, practice at home first too much can be really bad.

Turn the hairline to your advantage, you should be able to get a very natural hairline out of the wig as you wont have any of your own hair showing thru.

When you find items that feel right note the size and brand ect. There are very stylish well put together women out there who survive all day; so either they are ignoring allot of pain or its possible to be comfortable. I have certain items that dont bother me at all and others that just never feel right. it takes time to find the good ones.

[SIZE="4"]Wow, great tips throughout this thread!! Thanks for getting this started Jenna....I'm more comfortable already!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Lynne View Post
    "Problem solved," you say -- but you didn't mention the wig. That's really the biggie, I think. You want it to be tight enough that it doesn't skootch around, but not so tight that it cuts off circulation to your scalp.
    I have tried a few wigs and they do vary. There is one I have which is my all time current favourite (in my Avatar) and I can wear this all day and night with no problem. But I have had others that have not been right. But I suspect I have substantially less natural hair than you! So that may be a factor?

With a lot of this stuff I have found that it is about getting used to things. If you persevere, things become "normal". As I have very little natural hair, to me the feel of running my hands through my wig is truly awesome... all discomfort gone!

I like to wear heels a lot, but I also can feel very sexy in flats. And make-up is about the mirror... some of my best times on my own have been with no make-up, but with wig, flats, just chilling...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I see a lot of complaints about wigs. I just don't feel right without miine, and when I have to be en-drab, I have a ball cap, and I really dont' see much of a difence somtimes. Of course I've always had long hair, I just wnet to the wig when I got embarisingly thing on top. I have some that pass for 80's rocker for drab mode for instances (like church) when a hat is inapropriate.
    My only complaint (and it;s so minor it's not worth mentioning) about femine articals is high heels, I broke a toe in my younger days, and it's a tad crooked. Sometiems in heels it rubs funny, but a molesking often fixes that. Of course if I insert a moleskin, and I'm actualy better off in heels!

Addicted to PANTYHOSE Maria_1969's Avatar
    Just not having pantyhose on ruins my day.... lol. My SECOND skin for sure.

In saying that, I feel more comfortable in my skirt, hose and heels physicially and mentally.... Lets just say, for me, I am realizing my fem side needs to be fed and these days, when I am in male mode, I am still wanting to feel fem and cant wait to get home and get into somethign nice. Pantyhose under my pants are not really an anser to helping my fem side, I just like them in man or woman mode.
    "If pantyhose can make my legs look this good, imagine what they can do for yours" - Joe Namath

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    When my wig starts to Itch,I just excuse myself and go for a right good head scratch,as silly as It sounds I would much rather have these discomfort issues than not have them at all,My clothes are never uncomfortble,maybe my boots a little after I've wore them in the house for a while

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Seeing that i only dress around the house now i do it for comfort, i hate wigs (OK dislike ) so after a few minutes it has to come off , i love my dangley ( not sure that there is such a word) earrings and i am sure that they dangle better without the wig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne