Thread: Why bother?

Why bother?

So here I am in my local Starbucks, fully en femme & passing for male as nobody notices. Women's trainers, nylon sox, black jeans, polo shirt with girl-side buttons, pullover, black bead necklace, and all my gear in a backpack rather than pockets.
    A careful observer might notice the buttons, but this thoroughly unisex look isn't likely to attract that kind of attention. Not sure why I bothered, although it is really no bother.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

If it makes YOU feel good dear, then that is why you (we) bother.

By the way, do you have fem hair or a wig? That might set off from a mostly unisex outfit. Just curious. On the other hand, isn't it nice no one is giving you a hard time?
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Lainie,
    It's not about other people or their opinion or lack thereof. This is about you. Be yourself, be true to your self and don't worry about the rest of the crowd. They have their own lives to look after.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

Instead of casual, why not wear a blouse and skirt or a flowery dress. Put some makeup on, together with breastforms.

Then people might notice.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I pass as a male fully enfemme all the time!!! Its not that hard I hear!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I pass as a male fully enfemme all the time!!! Its not that hard I hear!
    I'm with Karren on this. I go out at times fully female in clothes including make-up but no wig. No one notices or if they don't care. Its not that hard.
    Last edited by joank; 12-15-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling.
    joank
    Southern California

Purely intentional

Of course sometimes I do go to Starbucks in a skirt or dress, just not in my neighborhood. Never wear makeup or shave the mustache, but no one seems to care, or notice. I did get a dirty look once from a woman in Cambridge MA, but in Houston I haven't noticed.
    I did choose these clothes precisely so I could sometimes go out en femme but unisex. It avoids antagonizing my wife, who doesn't notice. Carrying a backpack instead of a regular purse is a dodge, but in the case I needed to carry a laptop anyway. Did you ever feel that you really, really wanted to dress up, but didn't have the opportunity? This expands my options.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

It`s a psychological thing , you knowing what you are wearing has a bigger effect on your brain than other people knowing what you are wearing , so just think what it is like when you know that other people know what you are wearing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

At a Starbucks no one cares how you dress.

If you are going to pay $4 for a cup of coffee, nobody cares what you wear! You are just another member of the club that will pay $4 for a cup of coffee!

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I get a kick out of Karen, " I pass as a male when I am fully en-femme also". Just wish it could be the other way, pass as a female, that is what I strive for but it is pretty hard to accomplish.

I went out yesterday christmas shopping with my black coat on (which my 13 year old son thought was a girls coat because it has a belt on the waist, I did buy it because it was very unisex looking from a mans department), black 'kick flare' jeans which were bought from a female fashion store, black woolen jumper and my 3" block heel lady's boots on. I walked around a very busy shopping centre and stopped in a busy restaurant for a cup of tea. People just do not take notice even though my heels were clearly exposed when I sat down or went up any stairs. Even though I had my bottum half completely girlie because I wore no make up or wig and walked around confidently nobody bothered to give me a second look.
    My whole outfit could easily pass as a full en femme look if worn by a GG or one of our members who can pass as a girl but because I stayed as a man people just asume all the clothes I am wearing are men's clothes, so thats a long winded answer to why I think the original poster was not noticed.
    Perhaps next time I should try red peep toe stiletto's and see if I get a different reaction.

Sounds Like the way i am all the time