Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As Christmas gets closer peopls seem to be getting meaner

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    Typical hockey player, aleays look'n for a fight! LOL
    I don't carry my hockey stick in my truck in case a game breaks out! Lol. Yesterday I was coming back from dropping the son of and I came withing an inch of getting side swiped on the interstate by a guy that was tail gating the guy that cut me off as I was getting off the exit! If I hadn't been late for work.........
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't go out in woman mode currently, but back when I did, I did notice that I was more likely to lay back.

Regarding the bad behavior during the time prior to Christmas, that's something I noticed quite a few years back. My theory is that people are rushing around buying things that they don't want to buy and probably can't afford simply because they feel that they have to do it or risk being a Scrooge, puts them in a very bad mood.

Here are a couple experiences of mine in man mode. Once, back when my kids were still little, I was in a Toys R Us store that was very crowded with a woman behind me who kept hitting my ankles with her cart, obviously peeved because the store was very crowded and she couldn't just rush through and buy what she wanted. She knew that she hit me, too, as I turned around and looked at her, got an angry look from her like she was daring me to say something. I finally moved over and let her past. She was nuts.

Another time, I was wating for traffic to clear so that I could make a left turn. The person in the car behind me was laying on their horn, but I had to wait to make my turn, as traffic was heavy. After making the turn, the person (turned out to be a woman) passed me, sounding her horn while doing so, and then flipped me the finger. She was yelling something too, very agitated, but since the windows were up, I couldn't hear what she was saying, which was probably a good thing.

Just recently, I've encountered very aggressive drivers whenever I go anywhere, way more than usual, and that's normal at this time of the year, at least around here. It always calms down after Christmas.

It's gotten to the point that I dread the approach of the Christmas season and breathe a sigh of relief when it's done, and I now try to minimize going out at this time of year. I give money or gift certificates for gifts, or if I need to buy a particular item, I buy it on-line.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

In one of my numerous psychology and people management seminars that I sat through in a previous existence, we were told "behavior breeds behavior". A simple, if slightly opaque statement.
    We see it here in so many replies where people are suggesting that you respond to rude and obnoxious behavior with your own rude and obnoxious behavior.
    Really girls, it's not rocket science. I don't suggest we all have to be doormats, but if it's possible to just walk away, then that's the best response, both for you and for the socially challenged person you just encountered.
    I think it helps us that we are more inclined to be civilized and conciliatory when en femme. Well I am, anyway, darlings.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

by Kathryn's side Elizabeth Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    All very interesting and good advice too but sometimes Michelle is in bitch mode before her brain kicks in.If we could only take the time to think before we respond to a situation how nice life would roll along.Somedays its hard to tick me off and the next i'm like throwing a match in high octane gas,Zero to bitch in 2 secs.This is also the worst time of year.Everybody is in high gear and left their brain at home.
    Thanks for the warning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happens every year! Being I was in retail starting in the beginning of November people would ramp up the meanness. I just started something new recently, and that's to park as FAR AWAY from the entrance that I can. Or, at least nowhere near the store I'm going to. The exercise is great, and absolutely no worries about getting into it with someone else over a stupid parking space.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Stress. Stress. And more Stress.

There is ever less time, more things to get done, and ever more pressure to do them.

Many people just can't handle it.

As far as more forgiving, I'm not sure that Tina would take much of the kind of crap you received. She's very kind and forgiving, and she's never been in that position before, but I have this feeling that she won't be pushed around by anyone

tina

.. and if he flipped me off, well, I'd break his finger off then shove a 4" heel up his ass[/QUOTE]
    Love it.
    Remind me to NEVER piss you off.