Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Found" items of clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Seamed Nylons View Post
    Sometimes driving along a road or freeway I'll see a single woman's shoe. And I'll ask myself "Where's the other one?" And this has happened many times. It's like "OK....and where's the other shoe....?"
    You just need to wait for the other shoe to drop....

from the sky.

Sometimes driving along a road or freeway I'll see a single woman's shoe. And I'll ask myself "Where's the other one?" And this has happened many times. It's like "OK....and where's the other shoe....?"
    A mystery that has long baffled observers:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...de-of-the-road
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Yes of course. When I worked for the DOT, I found a Bra along the road, I used to find all kinds of things, most did not fit though. I was always afraid of getting caught with them at work. I was real careful.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Lol. Some friends and I were out at the city dump (small town unattended) and we came across some bags of old women's clothes... I couldn't wait to leave and ditch the friends so I could go back and search for more.. Really not much I could use... Or it wasn't as nice as the old stuff my mom had stored in the basement! Even back then I was a clothes snob!

Funny but last week I was walking into a store and there in the snow and slush was a pretty pink glove... It struck me as quite sad seeing that and the first thing in my mind was "that's a cute glove..... why couldn't she have dropped the other glove too??"
    Now you almost got me in trouble because I am sitting in my monthly mgmt meeting while the head of sales is talking about sonething with the head of engineering and all I hear is blah, blah, blah...so catching up on posts and I laughed out loud because as I was reading I too wished she dropped the other glove for you. I gotta be more careful...

There were also 4 pairs of heels, sz 11, and 3 pr of flats, sz 11, ballet dancing shoes! 1 pr. pink leather, 2 pr black leather. I still have them to this day. The heels were 2 slingbacks and 2 ankle boots, which I still have.
    The size (11 is not huge, but on the large side for a GG) and variety of shoes makes me wonder if you stumbled onto the results of some fellow CDer's "purge."
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Thank you so much Starla for the single lost shoe link, and to you Seamed Nylons for your wonderfully written tale of rescue, restoration and enjoyment.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

R U kidding? THAT'S how I started dressing!

NOT by "borrowing", or, "stealing", clothes! I think that's SO WRONG! On SO MANY levels!

I had tenants move out and leave several boxes of unwanted clothes in the garage. Including that pair of JEANS that started me down the slippery slope of CDing!

If u want to "find" ladies clothes, it's EASY! Manage rentals! I've scored maybe a van full of ladies things over the last 10 years!
    They move and either leave boxes and bags full in the empty unit, or toss the full bags and boxes into the dumpster! I've been lucky enuff to beat the trash truck to the latter a few times!

The stuff they leave in the units, I have plenty of time to sort thru before the cleaning lady comes in!

My single regret is THE SHOES! They've left so many pretty pairs behind! Unfortunately, only ONE lady had BIG feet like mine!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-16-2010 at 07:19 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am as guilty as some here have admitted to, but that was in my younger days, now I buy all my clothing and have much better looking and better fitting clothes.

YEah, in the old days my absolute favorite place to "find" things was at the local laundromats. Back then, they all had lost and found bins. About once a month or so I'd rummage through those bins to see what looked appealing and might just possibly fit. I found many fine pieces there. Mostly panties, but occasionally some other good stuff. Now my "finds" are all in stores or online. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    OMG that was my paranoia growing. I found this stuff all the time but I watched enough Candid Camera to know I was being Punked Old School.
    Hi Christy
    You may want to refrain from using "punked", even though it's the title of an idiotic TV show, once you understand that the origin of the word is prison rape. A "punk" is the rapee, "punked" is the verb. You are refering to a "practical joke". I'm sorry if I appear pedantic or politicaly correct, but this word's use is one that bothers me and should bother those on this forum.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Many of the items I wear I have come across that way and I give back to others that are in need when I no longer want them. Maybe those that eventually get them are like me. Camera or not, who cares? I know that one of my former neighbors deliberately left stuff out for me to get and I had no problem taking the charity. I know another neighbor knew when she asked me at the local corner shop (milk bar) early one morning as to whether I liked the grey or black shoes, referring to the grey and black heels she left in the charity bag near her mail box the night before. I liked both and still have them......

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I've "appropriated" female clothing in the past. Sometimes it was a lost and found thing, like the storage room of a YMCA. That was major paydirt. I think if I found an article of women's clothing lying around, it'd depend upon the circumstances. Is it expensive? Would the owner miss it? Is it worth posting a lost and found in the paper or on Kijiji or Craigslist?

Too many factors here to judge.

You know, from the other side of this ongoing ethical conundrum, I've lost/misplaced many things over the years (my sanity chief among them). I'm quite absent-minded, and I've lost keys, glasses, money, etc. many times. Once, I drove away from a drive-up ATM, leaving $200 in the hopper. (Needless to say, it was gone when I frantically went back just 5 minutes later.) I left a whole satchel full of stuff on a bus once. And I never, ever expected to get the stuff back (and I never did) -- if someone were to find it and somehow manage to find me to return it (assuming they could even track me down), I would consider it an aberration, almost a miracle. I've just always had the attitude that if I lose something, it's my own dumb fault, good luck to whoever found it, and resolve to be more attentive in the future.

I don't think I have ever found any deserted women's clothes, except for some panties at a resort (I like to imagine why!). I buy most of my stuff from the thrift stores, except the shoes. For some odd reason, I can never find women's size 15 shoes being recycled.

Liz

The lost skirt, I don't have so much of an issue with- although I really hope you washed it first. It was probably from some drunk girl on campus and we can all use our imagination what happened the night before.

The stuff in the laundry room, I agree with some of the others, that I would take issue with. The owner may have come back for it, realizing that it was missing. Maybe she accidentally left it in the dryer and someone else going to use said dryer noticed it, pulled it out, and sat it on the table. If it was there for a few days after you saw it, then it wouldn't be such an issue if you snatched it.

One of my friends gave me a few tubs of clothes that were for Goodwill when she was moving. This was a bunch of stuff that her old roommate never came back for after she got kicked out. I didn't know that my friend knew that I crossdressed. As I was loading them into my car, she said "you might want to go through them first- there's some cute stuff that might fit you in there".
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

I'm with you on that Karen. When you live with the secret life we live with and you have a huge fear of being discovered and your young and broke. You find the items any way you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygal View Post
    I'm with you on that Karen. When you live with the secret life we live with and you have a huge fear of being discovered and your young and broke. You find the items any way you can.
    Sometimes, we do go too far when in that situation, and I speak from experience. True confessions time: when I was about 17/18 or so, my first two wigs that I ever "owned" were acquired by...shall we say...less than legal means. On two separate occasions....from the same store.

I do plead the "young and stupid" defense. And some years later, when I was financially stable, I did anonymously send cash approximating the cost of the wigs to the store, with a short note of explanation and apology.

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    In my previous position of store manager items would often be left behind by members of the public and possibly staff, some of these items would be womens clothing from a store across the street, I always gave a reasonable amount of time (we ARE talking weeks) before deciding these items would not be claimed, and of course always insisted it was my responsibility that they were disposed of correctly

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    Hi Christy
    You may want to refrain from using "punked", even though it's the title of an idiotic TV show, once you understand that the origin of the word is prison rape. A "punk" is the rapee, "punked" is the verb. You are refering to a "practical joke". I'm sorry if I appear pedantic or politicaly correct, but this word's use is one that bothers me and should bother those on this forum.
    Sorry, didn´t mean to offend anyone...consider it erased from my vocabulary. I was simply referring to a newer version of candid camera. Having never done time, i never came across that word in the context you stated.
    Last edited by Christy_M; 12-17-2010 at 07:48 PM.

I would have done the same (and did) when I was in college, especially since I hardly had enough money to buy male drab clothes.

Me too Karren! I "found" lots of things over the years. The most recent actual real find for me was about 2 years ago during the summer. I was coming down the on ramp to the interstae and noticed along the side of the road a whole line of clothing strewn on the grass. I stopped, backed up and got out to see what it was. Apparently someones roof top carrier must have opened. I found a nice dress and two skirts that suited me just fine.

The very best place to "find" clothing is in the dumpster at second hand clothing stores..

Of course the location of the dumpster is important, you don't want folks staring out a window at you, but cars passing by a hundred feet away, no problem.

I've found Mucho Good stuff there, dresses and skirts by the ton,, a few shoes, blouses,,, and the GOOD stuff,, dozens of Panty Hose, Bras, Slips, garter belts and Panties, sure some are "garbage" and I wear rubber gloves, wash in " Cholorox " Brand bleach only before wearing..

One store near me gets More than they can sell, so they just throw it out..

Now the sad part, a store nearby starting using the dumpster, now they put a padlock on it, so no more freebies from there

For me a really bad habit was borrowings my sisters clothes for too long, then getting to scared to put them back and just keeping them. Some times I think there is no way it could ahve gone un-noticed, and i still feel bad, mostly because my sister doesnt know whats happening to her clothes

My niece and I when cleaning out our closets every year, take a box or 2 to a bus stop in a poorer part of town. They are almost always gone by morning... but we're both small people.

My DH, Tea's , Trans support group has a free clothing rack in their dressing room. A nice idea for gals just getting started or recovering from a disaster. A nice idea ,I think.

Just a thought. You know how if someone needs something and they ASK you, chances are really good you will give it to them. But if they try to steal from me [ or you ] we're alot less forgiveing. Right ???

Sincerely,
    Presh GG