Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Found" items of clothing

"Found" items of clothing

Did you ever just "find" a discarded, dropped, abandoned or mislaid item of female clothing and appropriate it for yourself?

In college, one Sunday afternoon I was walking along the exterior corridor of a building that was deserted for the weekend. As I turned a corner, I spotted something on the sidewalk. It was a cute, silky little elastic-waisted floral print miniskirt that appeared to be in perfect condition. I was mystified -- why was this here? I wondered if someone had just unknowingly dropped it while hauling a load of laundry. I found it hard to imagine that some girl had simply removed her skirt in what was a somewhat isolated, but still public spot. In any case, after looking around to make sure no one was in sight, I scooped it up and took it home with me. It was clearly about 3 sizes too small for me, but the elastic still allowed me to wear it.

Also in my college years, it was not uncommon to wander into one of the laundry rooms, and find a lone bra or slip or top that was just sitting on a table. If there were no machines currently in use, and no one around, I could only assume that it had been inadvertently left behind, or abandoned. And, needless to say, it would quickly find a home in my own closet.

A more personal example....when I was a teenager, my mother for a time took in a young co-worker who was single and pregnant and had been disowned by her family. She was planning on giving her baby up for adoption, and lived with us until she gave birth. I was an only child, and as she was just a few years older than me, we became good friends, forming a lovely brother-sister type bond.

After she moved out, I was cleaning out her room, and discovered that she had left something behind. It was a simple, yet feminine little cotton robe/wrap that she used to wear over her nightgown in the mornings, pink and beige with a sort of oriental motif.

I kept it for many years, and wore it often, though it was very snug on my larger frame. It was a special thing that would always bring back fond memories of our brief friendship.
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

can you say hidden camera..just maybe you will be on world wide tv for all to see.

just because something has been left behind..does not mean it was left behind so someone can steal it. would you be happy if when you get back to your room, and find out you left something you just love back in the laundry room. and you get back and see someone walking out, and your item is not there??

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    can you say hidden camera..just maybe you will be on world wide tv for all to see.

just because something has been left behind..does not mean it was left behind so someone can steal it. would you be happy if when you get back to your room, and find out you left something you just love back in the laundry room. and you get back and see someone walking out, and your item is not there??.
    I have to say I agree with Loni on this one.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Ohh yeah!!!! I kept finding all kinds of lingerie... In my mothers drawers... Sisters.... Girl friends... I was a prolific "borrower" and yeah its not right but that's the way it was back then and I'm not apologizing to anyone for that!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Addicted to PANTYHOSE Maria_1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Ohh yeah!!!! I kept finding all kinds of lingerie... In my mothers drawers... Sisters.... Girl friends... I was a prolific "borrower" and yeah its not right but that's the way it was back then and I'm not apologizing to anyone for that!!
    Karren, I read many of your comments, and you are awesome, I love your remarks. I agree and I no longer feel guilty about it either. :-)
    "If pantyhose can make my legs look this good, imagine what they can do for yours" - Joe Namath

Even though I posted what I did above, I have to admit that my bras are ones my wife was through with and were destined for the charity donation box. That's a little different than finding a stranger's panties in the laundry room (in my view). And I'll sometimes wear her clothes that she's put in the laundry.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    OMG that was my paranoia growing. I found this stuff all the time but I watched enough Candid Camera to know I was being Punked Old School.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I have to say I agree with Loni on this one.
    I have disagree with both of them. Sounds like that skirt fell out of a backpack after going to the gym or perhaps a late night trist. Completly different then a laundry room or your sisters drawers. That person is going out to find it and it would just end up in the trash or a goodwill anyway. I have no issue with it at all.

That you would attempt to wear a skirt that is 3 times to small is a bit worrying.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    That you would attempt to wear a skirt that is 3 times to small is a bit worrying.
    What can I say? I was 18, closeted, and had no regular source of clothing...a skirt is a skirt.
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Can't say I was perfect, but instead of stealing anything, I borrowed a few items and returned them before anyone noticed they were missing.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    What can I say? I was 18, closeted, and had no regular source of clothing...a skirt is a skirt.
    Lol. Some friends and I were out at the city dump (small town unattended) and we came across some bags of old women's clothes... I couldn't wait to leave and ditch the friends so I could go back and search for more.. Really not much I could use... Or it wasn't as nice as the old stuff my mom had stored in the basement! Even back then I was a clothes snob!

Funny but last week I was walking into a store and there in the snow and slush was a pretty pink glove... It struck me as quite sad seeing that and the first thing in my mind was "that's a cute glove..... why couldn't she have dropped the other glove too??"
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-16-2010 at 11:42 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

To those that were against what the OP did, come on.

So what would you prefer. This lost skirt being left to the elements and wasted, or getting a new life with a new owner?

If similar happened for me, I would do what I could to locate the owner, and then failing that, would keep the item, and clean it. I hate waste, and I realize the owner could come back many hours later looking for the item, by which time it could have blown away, been trampled on, driven over, shat on by some critter, and so on.

A friend (another crossdresser) and I were doing a cruise out of New Orleans and spent a couple of extra days to enjoy the city! During one of our visits to a Jazz club (Oh by the way we both went without any boy clothes for the entire 11 day adventure, but that is another story) my friend needs to go to the bathroom so off she went to the ladies room and comes out with a cute black velvet flared skirt. So she went to the management and tried to turn it in to the lost and found. The staff says they do not have a lost and found and to go ahead and keep the skirt. Seems this is somewhat a regular thing and not a big deal there! So we let it be known to others at the bar but at about closing and having to walk a bit back to the motel she did keep it. No telling what the original owner was wearing after losing the skirt! But I would have to think giving the place and city alcohol was a factor!

Dana

I used to drive A delivery truck all over Oklahoma, And would stop at rest areas. It amazing what you find there I have found all kinds of woman's clothes. I guess they left them for me.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Lol my mums and sisters drawers were an aladdins cave to me too

the happy camper
    I've found quite a few sad, abandoned items on my wife's side of the closet and in her chest-of-drawers. My rule is: if she hasn't worn it in the past two years, it's fair game.

i cant say that i was ever innocent. and thats all i'm gonna say about that

When I was in college, I had a class in a remote corner of campus. I got the feeling that that area was mostly forgotten and seldom maintained. Right outside the doorway to the class I was taking was a common area that was overflowing with 'stuff' and looks like it hadn't been cleaned for ages.
    One day walking in to class, I noticed a ballet tutu amidst the jumble. I saw it there, just tossed onto a table, for the entire semester. By the end of the semester, I convinced myself that it was been abandoned and wouldn't be missed by anybody.
    After one class, I walked out with the last group to leave, then made an excuse to duck back into the building. I stuffed the tutu into my backpack and rushed out.
    I couldn't WAIT to get home with it. The best thing was that it fit perfectly! It was a bit worn, but SO fun to wear. Eventually I bought some white tights and a white sport bra to wear with it. I kept it for years until I eventually out-grew it.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I was once using the training room of the company for which I worked. Preparing the room, I discovered an expensive pair of tights which had been left there by an unknown person.
    Initially, I left them exactly where I had found them.

I used the room for about two weeks. No-one claimed the tights, even after I moved them to a more visible position.
    Cleaning up the room at the end of the training session, instead of binning them, I took them with me.

I do not regard that as theft.

I'll only admit, that when younger I wasn't a total angel either.

anytime I ever found a lost female item I immediately went looking to see if anyone had discarded the female too. After all who wouldn't go looking for a woman who had lost her panties?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I'm not proud of the things I stole, or who, or where I stole from, but I have turned over a new leaf.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Life is like a box of..
    The fact is that none of you are stealing them now it's a tad different to do it later in life then when you where younger and not able to buy them. I am also sure that Jesus will forgive you...

It amazes me that anyone would judge anyone over this it's so silly.
    Last edited by Zoie; 12-16-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces.
    Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
    -Ashley Smith

about 8 years ago, doing laundry in my basement coin op, I found the stripper upstairs' PVC bodysuit... So, of course I brought it up, tried it on, took care of some personal business, then put it back in the dryer with a cream cake inside

Ofcourse there have been moments where it has been possibilities to "borrow" some accessoires. I cant say i am proud of it as I try to take as small risks as possible. I dont want to be on candid camera.