Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Selection M or F??

Doctor Selection M or F??

I am enrolled in a new health plan and need to select a new doctor. I have not been to the doctor's office in a long time and the last time I did I was not totally shaved as I am now. My wife says I should go to a male doctor, but I am not sure. I probably will be embarassed whether the doctor is male or female, but I am leaning toward going to a female doctor.

Can I get some opinion's or actual experiences you may have had with this.

Question What?

What's this got to do with crossdressing?
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

Well I would think that if I going to do a physical exam the doctor Male or Female would wonder why my body is totally shaved, and I would think that they would assume that I was a CD.

pretty pretty princess

female

i would go for a female doctor.they are always more understanding and gentle.the males are sarcastic and sometimes inconsiderate to anyone as far as i see it.

michelle

I agree with Michelle on this one.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Julie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle 5
    Well I would think that if I going to do a physical exam the doctor Male or Female would wonder why my body is totally shaved, and I would think that they would assume that I was a CD.
    A doctor is there to diagnose, the fact that your body might be fully shaved means nothing to them (probably makes diagnosis easier). To them you are a patient who needs fixing, no more no less and that applies to both male or female doctors.

Julie

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    A number of non-CD men shave, from cyclists to swimmers. Regardless, if they're professional it shouldn't make any difference. And they've undoubtedly seen far stranger things.

Remember, we know we're cross-dressers, so we're often hyper-self-conscious that we're giving ourselves away. But unless it's something obvious -- like seeing us with breast forms -- most people won't jump to that association. They may think something's odd, but people tend to fit things into their existing preconceptions -- and CDs aren't something that springs to mind.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I'm with Julie and Darla on this one. They are professionals and should refrain from discussing, let alone passing judgement regarding your lifestyle unless, of course, it affects your health.

Having said that, my physician is female and I have always been very comfortable with her.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Quote Originally Posted by michelle19845
    i would go for a female doctor.they are always more understanding and gentle.the males are sarcastic and sometimes inconsiderate to anyone as far as i see it.

michelle
    Listen everyone - people are people. GGs are not automatically sweet and nice and understanding and gentle, and males are not automatically mean and gruff and rough. People are people - which means that everyone has a mix of good and bad.

For the record, I have had a female dentist and doctor. The dentist was the toughest and least gentle of all the dentists I have had. My female doctor is pretty much like all doctors these days, very rushed and hurried... and not all that gentle either, at least when I had my last physical - if you know what I mean

DanaJ
    Last edited by DanaJ; 09-15-2005 at 05:26 AM.

Wink going to the doctor dressed emfemme

going to doctor dressed enfemme i would love a cd doctor aswell to examine me and then we could have fun afterwoods examining eachhother.
    my fem clock is racing and i need to catch up.im not getting any younger.someone please help me.

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    To them you are a patient who needs fixing, no more no less and that applies to both male or female doctors.

Julie
    Unless you go to Helga's house of pain

It shouldn't matter whether the doctor is male or female. They are there to help you, not to judge or make fun of you. If you want help with your health or issues regarding the fem part of you, then ask! If they are uncomfortable with that, then they should refer you to someone who can help.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

I've had both male and female doctors..... some are nice, some don't know wth they are talking about, but I have noticed that when the locum doctor is in the surgery, they are mostly Pakinstan/Indiain doctors and tbh.... they seem to know what they are talking about. My doctor had to visit me last year as I was very ill. She said I'd be ok and take some paracetamol obviously she didn't know wth she was talking about and 3 days later I was rushed to an emergency doctor who was a Pakistani. He told me that if I hadn't gone to see him when I did, I would of ended up in the hospital on the critical list from severe dehydration So it doesn't matter 'who' you choose really.....
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I don't think it is a case of male or female but one that is good for you,,,

in the uk you have the right to intervew a prospective GP to be shure he or she is right for you,,,

but having sead that in the past I have a few docters all male and to be onist non of them had the time for me,,

my present GP is a female and a very good simpethetic understanding listens to you and most of all knows her job and I for one am very graitfull to her
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Find an office that has both male and female doctors. Then ask if you can see either one. After you do, make up your mind as to which doctor you want to see the most.

Misty

The practice I use consists of both a male and female doctor, both of whom are very cool and very professional.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I have a simple rule of thumb when it comes to Doctors. I go to the one with the best reputation. My health is slightly more important than my frilly knickers
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I have to say Rochelle it doesnt matter if they are male of female go for the one with the best reputation.

In the practice I go to there are three doctors, one woman and two men. Affraid I can't comment on the female doctor I've never seen her, one of the male doctors is an idiot so I stay well away from him, I simply refuse to see him.
    However the remaining male doctor I see is really very good, when I told him about my TG feelings he was excellent, very symphatetic, and to my susprise he was also quite knowlegble regarding gender dysphoria.

love mannd xxx

michellejean
    thank you julie:::::: you said it all and you said it right.thank you,,,michellejean

I would proberbly choose female but is irelevant to me anyway I avoid them however possible.

I suppose at the end of the day if I need one it's his or her skills that I require.

Anyway who's to say that a male doctor isn't a CDer himself?

Rachael.
    I am a TV repair man, if I cant cure me nobody can!

If the doctor asks why you shave tell him it was your wifes idea! She hate's harry men!

Donna

A girl in the works

My preference

I prefer female doctors over male doctors. For the most part, they seem to be more pleasant, with the "gentler" things in life.

Hugs,
    Ariel
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

I'd go for a female doctor, but it should not matter.
    Doctors are there to do job, not to judge, if you get derogatory comments you can always complain.

shouldn't matter

I've had good male and female doctors, so it shouldn't matter. I might avoid a man's man kind of guy though. My current doc is Indian (dot, not feather), and he's outstanding, best I've had. But, for the record, I'm rarely shaved, and go to see him as a guy exclusively. But, if I came in femme, I don't think he'd care at all.

Good luck!

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    For what it's worth, I had to go see the doctor today for an ear infection. Neither he nor the nurse batted an eye at my shaved arms and legs.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com