Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the coolest compliment you've ever received?

Being referred to as "ma'am", or "lady"....as in a waiter saying "would you ladies like to try or today's special of...?", without any odd facial expression is compliment enough for me. Going public, inlcuding crowded shopping malls, or supermarkets without people turning heads, or double-takes has built a lot of confidence for me. It's now become fun. `

I've had people compliment me on my attire, but I think that's something different entirely. I just want to go on record as saying I have not had any bad reactions in public yet.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 12-19-2010 at 09:49 PM.

One woman told me, "You're more of a girl than most women I know. I think it's because you're so nice". She said it in a bit of a condescending manner, but I don't think she realized I took it as a very touching compliment, and it further supported my feminine feelings.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My little sister always says how jealous she is of how my legs look in nylons.

Evil dagger-stares from men's wives after they've caught their husbands looking me over.
    --Kathleen

I would like to answer the question as well as a spin on the question, if you would give me leave.

The spinned question first:
    The most MEANINGFUL comment I have received was on a Sunday morning about 8 years ago in Battle Creek MI. After going to church en femme, I went to an Old Country Buffet for breakfast. I got read which bothered me a bit back then but, hey, I was hungry. I finished and had just walked out the door when this young lady came running after me. She came up to me and gave me a big huge and said "Thank you for being who you really are." I nearly cried a bucket right there.

The OP's question:
    Justified or not, I get a fair number of compliments these days. A while back I was at the MAC store within a Norstrum's in Providence. I was seeking an appointment. The SA was talking to me and when I told her I was a CD, she said "Girl, you've got your act together. I didn't know until you told me." So the narcissistic side of me would pick that is the stereotypical nicest compliment.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by danielletorresani View Post
    The absolute best compliment I have ever received is an online CD friend telling me she pleasured herself to my pics.

That's about as high of a compliment as I can ever hope to get!
    I didn't want to mention that here but I've gotten that quite a few times as well from members of other sites I'm on.

Quote Originally Posted by danielletorresani View Post
    The absolute best compliment I have ever received is an online CD friend telling me she pleasured herself to my pics.

That's about as high of a compliment as I can ever hope to get!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee View Post
    I didn't want to mention that here but I've gotten that quite a few times as well from members of other sites I'm on.
    Sort of a form of "applause." The answer, perhaps, to the old Zen koan "What is the sound of one hand clapping?"
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Complements are hard for me to take because when I was growing up I received mixed messages from my family. They say one thing and between the lines they really mean something else. Once I received a complement from a stranger who was drunk and he said, 'don't let anyone tell you that you are ugly, because you are not'... I didn't know how to interpret that because my wife once told me years earlier that I made a convincing, but ugly woman (it was on halloween). Feels good to get a complement and a reality check to keep me sane, but sometimes it feels like I was in a contest I didn't know about until I got judged.

The most fun 'complement' related to my efforts on my halloween costume this year when the girl outside the men's room said 'you're going in the wrong one!!...you belong in the woman's, over here...'.
    Chickie

"You are so feminine" as quoted by my wife a long time ago.

I think for me one of the coolest complements I got was that someone told me that I look, act, and sound naturally like a girl. That made me realize how far I've gotten from just simply going out for a few short bursts, to going out en femme all day.

A few years ago I decided to buy a new wig and phoned a store in Dublin that advertised that they were CD friendly. I spoke to the male owner who explained that he ran a woman's hairdressing salon and had a wig store upstairs. We made an appointment for 4:00 pm and he told me where to park and that he would be waiting for me at the front door of his salon. I explained that I would be coming dressed. His store was on a very wide main Street near the corner and as I stood waiting to cross the road at traffic lights I could see a man standing outside looking in my direction. When the lights changed I crossed the road at a slight angle so it was obvious that I was heading directly towards him. He watched me the whole time as I crossed and I approached him and said Hi using his name. He was genuinely shocked that I was his new customer and quickly took me upstairs where I was the only client.
    Once we were there he explained that he preferred if his GG clients were not aware that he also sold to the CD community. He had been watching for a CD approaching his store from the direction I came and when he saw me approaching he had thought "oh no, this woman is going to come in at the same time and cause some embarrassment". At no point did he ever think that I was a CD and he told me that I was the most convincing CD he had ever seen. This was such a big compliment coming from a man who was used to dealing with our community. He wasn't just being nice as I saw the utter look of suprise when I first spoke to him. Needless to say I bought a wig from him and as I left I looked even more convincing. Armed with all this new confidence I went on a shopping spree into stores I had previously been too nervous to enter. He really made my day. Unfortunately within a few weeks he withdrew the wig service to our community.
    Fiona O

I was trying on heels in a Marshalls store in Milwaukee,and a woman asked me to show her how I could walk in them,then she said she wished she could walk in 4 inch heels that easy that I was lucky,we exchanged phone numbers and her and I would go shopping together on weekends.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

"Oh my god you are sexi"

When I was in my cosplay this past halloween. This was the unadulterated truth of my friend. Too bad she is still letting her instilled images of what a man is control her true feelings.

Ah well.

I also love "I wish I had your legs". That is always an ego booster.
    Last edited by Pythos; 12-26-2010 at 09:04 PM.

That's easy, about a year ago I was out as Nicole and had stopped at a supermarket on my way home to pick up a few things. After completing my shopping, I walked up front and looked for the shortest checkout line and got on it. When I finally reached the cashier I noticed that she was an older woman who was looking me up and down. She finally settled her glance on my face and said to me, "My dear, you are beautiful". Kinda made my day....

Banned Read only
    The one time that I went out dressed, a GG (gay) said that she liked my legs...

fierce glamazon
    i just randomly went to a night at a local bar and a lezzie came up to me an told me i was the most beautiful person in the bar, and later another came up to me and scouted me for her modeling agency im beaming!!

Not too many for me given my size, but many years ago I was going to a party in our apartment complex and was dressed as Little Bo Peep (even had a stuffed sheep). On the way I noticed two sheriff's deputies at the door of a rather unpopular tenant. As I passed by one of the deputies turned and said "Geez! you some pretty sexy legs there girl". Obviously if I was a GG he could have been in hot water for making that kind of comment but there was no doubt I was a CDer so he was safe. I said "Thank you kind sir" and did a small curtsey and his partner just chuckled and said "Oh wow! Nice outfit!" They were smiling and I was on cloud nine.

When out a few years ago. I was headed for the bathroom. When a woman next to me saw me headed for the mens room door she said. Miss the ladiesroom is over here. I looked up at the sign on the door thought for a second and followed her into the ladiesroom. That was the first time I felt I passed. Not one person said or even saw me as a male dressed female. What a feeling to be accepted as a woman.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I have had two recently. The first was from a cosmetic assistant at a department store. I was in drab and asked her for my usual foundation and after she told me it had been discontinued, offered me a sampler for free. Then she asked me if it was for some ugly marks on my arm. When I said that it was for my face she looked confused so I told her that I cross dressed and showed her a standing picture of me in my avatar dress. Her response was to tell me I looked lovely.

THe other was from a member on another site who commented on a photo of mine, "Lovely photo, lovely legs and lovely you."
    Two lovelys in the space of one month is more than enough for me

Follow your dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee View Post
    Ooh, I'm not too sure how I would respond to that kind of compliment. I think I might find it a little creepy. Too much information. LOL. I'd prefer not to know.

the coolest thing ever said to me was.....I was on yahell one day chatting away on cam..When a so called Max Hardcore was asking me to go do a photo shoot for him ....i didnt but i was floored that he was at least interested enough to want to do a pro photo shoot and a blue flic ....was omg omg wonders to this day if he knew i was with male parts.lol

"You make a pretty girl". Or unknowingly from a cashier "May I help you ladies". I like passing.

I swear I posted on this topic previously, but I guess not.

At work, a man (who was with his wife), said "Your figure is sensational". Not sure what he meant exactly, but doesn't the word "figure" usually apply to women?

Another customer...this time a woman, said "I'd wear shorts too if I had legs like yours".

I took them both as tremendous compliments, but co-workers who were there when the compliments were given sort of wondered what was going on.

"These are dude's feet? no way."

Thursday I went to Chesterfield Mall, just outside of St. Louis. As I was going up an escalator, a lady was coming down the escalator about 10 or so feet from me. She got my attention and said, "I love your outfit. You should be a model." I was stunned and thanked her as our mechanical devices continued to separate us.

The more I have thought about it, she was probably on her way to her therapist because of dillusional thinking. Then she had an appointment with her opthamologist to check on the growth of her cataracts which have so obscured her sight, and then to meet with her agent to see if any openings for comedians have come available.

But all in all, I so appreciated her comment and called my wife right away to share with her what the kind lady said.

Mackenzie