Thread: Shaving and Winter

Shaving and Winter

I was thinking the other day about winter time and shaving my legs. I have noticed that some gurls out there only shave their legs in the winter time so that long pants can hide the secret.

Well, I have been shaving my legs for 10 years now, spring, summer, fall, and winter and I have noticed that the longer I shave my legs the more I have noticed that I follow the same tendencies as the ggs out there. In the summer I shave my legs about everyday, but in the winter being able to wear jeans and pants most all the time, I shave about twice a week, maybe three if it starts to get irritating.

How many other gurls out there find themselves shaving their legs less in the winter than in the summer?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Guilty as charged. In the winter I shave my legs about once a week. Stubble doesn't show under jeans. In the summer it's twice a week as I like to keep them smooth all the time and (fake) tan them up and wear shorts (in boy mode) and short skirts (in girl mode).
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

First off, it is really dumb not to shave in the summertime when you can wear skirts bare-legged! It is an unreasonable imposition for anybody to force a person to grow hair on the legs ever!

I shave my legs every 2 or 3 days in the summer when I go out with bare legs, but in the winter I shave every 4 or 5 days with cooler weather when I wear long pants, hose, or a long dress with long socks.

I wear denim skirts instead of shorts and hardly ever wear shorts in the summertime. Karren Hutton would approve of that.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I started with my legs about 6 months ago. In the summer. Not a word was said.
    Now I have started shaving my chest. We will see how that goes over.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I've waxed and epilated mine so long that there really isn't that much hair that grows back and its fine... And "She who must be obeyed" requires I pass as a guy in short in the summer for family events... Sigh... So Sept - May I shave..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am very light haired 3 hairs on chest, so I shave everyday w/out irritation
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

I shave every other day year around. It seems easier to maintain a smooth profile this way.

I agree daily iin the summer but every 3=4 days in the winter

Fortunately for me, my legs do not grow hair... my gf's have been jealous... I use my electric shaver to catch the occasional stray hairs... I am so glad I do not need to shave... my friends on camping trips have noticed that I do not have leg hair... I wear short shorts... that was interesting to explain...

Quote Originally Posted by Charise52 View Post
    Fortunately for me, my legs do not grow hair... my gf's have been jealous... I use my electric shaver to catch the occasional stray hairs... I am so glad I do not need to shave... my friends on camping trips have noticed that I do not have leg hair... I wear short shorts... that was interesting to explain...
    Me too. Never had it, never will. My sisters were always jealous! Only body hair, apart from pubic, is on my stomach and a little chest hair. It looks ugly to me, so that gets epilated every couple of weeks. I am growing my head hair out; collar length now and can just about tie it into a small pony tail.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Less shaving in the winter makes sense because skin is more likely to become dry and itchy due to dry air.

My hair is fairly thin and slow growing. I only shave my face every other day, and my legs about once a week. By then, there is stubble, but the hairs are thin enough that it doesn't bother me. I also epilate sometimes when I want to look really good; it works well on thin hair.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've waxed and epilated mine so long that there really isn't that much hair that grows back and its fine... And "She who must be obeyed" requires I pass as a guy in short in the summer for family events... Sigh... So Sept - May I shave..
    Just wear long pants for family events.
    And don't take any crap from her to require you to grow your leg hair back. Stand up to her!

John

the happy camper
    I've been shaving less since it got cold. Somehow I went from "I hope no one notices my shaved legs" to "What's the point of shaving my legs if no one's going to see them."

Even with legs and torso shaved, I think I'm still doing a good job of passing as a guy on the beach during the summer. (I should have to worry about passing as a guy!)

I shave whenever the urge to dress hits. Although in the summer I seem to have more irritation and shaving bumps.

What I find surprising is that grooming my body hair has become part of my routine. I think they call it "manscaping"

I just dont feel clean if it gets too long especially under my arms anymore. I'll trim it with a beard trimmer and keep it under control even if I have no urge to dress.

i try to never shave any time of the year, only time is when i do not use the cream hair remover. =$$. spend the cash on remover or blades both are costly.

but in a shorter wording every time i shower. (legs, belly, chest, face, pits, every thing but the top of the head and privets).
    now if only i could trim the back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    I'
    Even with legs and torso shaved, I think I'm still doing a good job of passing as a guy on the beach during the summer. (I should have to worry about passing as a guy!)
    My natural breasts are too big to be topless. So I really cannot pass as a typical guy - I have to wear a shirt or a woman's swimsuit.

John

shaving to me was like candy; started regularly in march and now its like 2-3 times and 1-2 winter. I feel i have to shave now for some reason. Plus the more you shave the less irritation one will have compared to the beginning. I regularly full bodyshave and do my eyebrows. wife has noticed and has offered advise. I am not out yet, but I am getting positive reassurances.

Silver Member
    I shave as much, if not more, in the winter. For me, it is not just how it looks but more importantly how it feels. Stubble is prickly against long pants and long sleeves.

Long ago, I was self conscious at the beach. Nowadays, if anyone is offended by my hairless body, or my big tummy, or my fat guy "moobs" they can just look the other way, I don't care.