Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever been clocked wrong... in boy mode?

Smile Ever been clocked wrong... in boy mode?

Psst! Ever been ma'md when you were in boy mode?

I was at Disneyland recently this past Friday in boy mode and the lady up on the register at the candy store insisted that I was a girl! All I wanted was my peanut brittle, but she kept on saying, "Will that be all for you ma'm?" to which I replied with my boy voice, "Yes!" My new friend even said, "Did she just call you 'ma'm?" and hushed him and smiled.

Finally, the poor lady looked at my photo on my debit card and looked at me and said, "Alexander?!" to which I replied, "Yes?" with a grin on my face. I then said, "You called me 'ma'm'!" to which she replied, "No, I called you Alexander!" with a sneaky smile, turning red with her mistake.

I've included a couple of pics of me from that day, so you be the judge whether it was right for me to be ma'md. One is a full photo of my outfit and the other is a capture of an on-ride photo.

Otherwise, I'd like to hear some accounts from some of the members here who've been ma'md while in boy mode.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    It happened to me just a couple of days ago but it was just a slip of the tougue.

I was buying breakfast at the place I always do totally in boy mode. I asked the cleck a question and he answered "Yes Ma'am...I mean Sir"
    I just laughed it off but I was thinking about the times I do get called Ma'am and how much I like it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I don't blame her, you look like a ma'am or a miss. But I am old and probably have poor eyesight!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Yes, I get called "Sir" nearly all the time, which is not correct for me.

I am getting called "ma'm" more often now, but it still isn't "common", even when I'm wearing a dress or skirt.

I can see someone ma'aming you in boy mode, based on your pics above (and BTW, you are beautiful in either mode, IMHO), but the 2 or 3 times it happened to me back in the day still mystify me. I think back...there I was in a t-shirt and sweats, no support or enhancement for my tiny A-cup boobs (which without a bra just looked like a slightly fleshy chest), no makeup, beard stubble, my natural hair (long, but even back then with a very obvious male receding hairline), no earrings or female jewelry, no polish to call attention to my nails, no conscious attempt at acting or speaking "girlish" -- and STILL I got "ma'amed" a few times! I couldn't see it, but a friend told me that perhaps I was in spite of all those other "clues" still unconsciously projecting an "aura" of femininity from all the time I spent as Starla.

But I think that's New Age claptrap -- my assumption still is that these people needed to see an optometrist!
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexine View Post
    I've included a couple of pics of me from that day, so you be the judge whether it was right for me to be ma'md. One is a full photo of my outfit and the other is a capture of an on-ride photo.
    Maaaaaaaaybe mistaken in the ride-on photo, maybe. But to me at least, you shouldn't be mistaken so easily in male mode.

Can't say I've been ma'md in male mode, but I usually have so much stuble that it's a dead give away. I just can't stop the stuff.
    With love,
    - Celes

Hell I'm lucky to get Ma'amed enfemme.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have been sir'ed when wearing a dress!

John

Lexine,
    I can totally see why this might happen to you, as the features of your face are so cute and cuddly!!

For me it happens on the phone all the time.. me: "Hello..." them: "Hi, is this the lady of the house?" LOL, and I always say "Yes, how can I help you."

In person though it's not happened for about 20 years. In my late teens, when I still had the long curly locks and couldn't grow a beard no matter how hard I tried, it was a regular occurrence. My girl friend at the time and I used to be mistaken for sisters quite often. These days however the shiny spot on top of my head, and the ever present gray shadow of my nemesis the 'face monster', are pretty much a dead giveaway while I'm en-homme. Thank the Universe for pretty wigs and quality cosmetics!
    [SIZE="3"]The Universe Is Love, Enjoy Your Time In It!!![/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You could pass for a Miss no problem!! You're a Miss to me
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

In your case, it's easy to see why she addressed you in that manner, you're cute, petite and feminine-looking.

I have had people mistake me for a female while in man-drag a few times, but in my case, it's always a shock, as I'm 6'5" in my bare feet, and not exactly slender (that's an understatement, unfortunately). The best one was when I was fishing (!) at a nearby lake, wearing a t-shirt, jeans, a baseball cap and sunglasses. My hair is longish, and my cap covered the thinning hair on top, and I was wearing a rhinestone stud in my left ear. Anyway, a couple high-school aged boys were working their way around the lake, casting artificials for bass, and when they got near me, one of them asked if I was catching anything, and I replied that I was catching a few sunfish, nothing special. They continued on their way, and I heard the one say to the other that until I spoke, he thought I was a woman. That totally amazed me.

I've also been maam'ed a couple times dressed as a guy when in my car where my height wasn't so obvious too.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

This outfit sort of fascinates me, Lexie. IMO, the top of you looks girly, and the bottom of you looks quite masculine, fading smoothly from one end of the spectrum to the other, from top to bottom.

I guess the sales lady saw whatever she wanted to see, because you could probably be read either way depending on what a person focused on. You look adorable as always, by the way.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Nope, I would have mame'd you too. and I mean that as a compliment. 15 years ago I was having lunch with my sister in a restauarant, my hair was on the longish side and was wearing a unisex type bulky turtleneck. I got "what can I get you mame?" for two different waitresses who stopped at my table. After I told the second one that I just heard that from her friend she says". .so get a haircut!" ... cracked me up.

You look like a female even in male mode. Sorry but it is true
    Michelle

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Looking at your pix I can see she why you were mammed. You are very feminine in the face for a guy and with your long hair and gender neutral clothes ...

You asked about instances of being mammed in boy mode. It has happened to me several times over the last 3 or 4 years. I'm always with my wife when it happens, and we get called "ladies" yet I am in my "girly-boy mode".

First off, I want to tell you I'm not a very big person to start with. I'm only 5'4" tall and I weigh 130 lbs. I have small hands and I take a US women's size 8 shoe (UK 6-1/2). I also have thinly plucked eyebrows and long fingernails with subtle nail polish. My girly-boy look is usually a baseball cap, gold stud earrings, minimal makeup like eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. I usually wear my pink and white tennis shoes, tight fitting jeans (sometimes my older boot cut ones), a women's fitted t-shirt and either a classic style high buttoning cardigan or a girls hoodie. Add all this together and I guess I don't look very manly, but I don't think I look "that" much like a woman to be mistaken for one either ... mostly because I'm not dressed fully en femme ... when I say "fully", I mean in the sense of not wearing a wig, forms and hip padding.

Anyway, I absolutely love being mammed when dressed this way. Usually it's a quick "off the cuff" comment in passing where the perosn dosen't get too much of a long look at me, but I remember a specific time in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. My wife and I were walking down the strip in the Saturday afternoon sunshine. I was dressed the way I have just described, and as we approached a woman handing out fliers, she held out her flier to me, smiled, made eye contact, and said "How about a show Ladies ... umm ... Sir.... err ... I mean, Ma'am." I was beaming with happiness when this happened because for a person to actually be confused about my gender when they looked at me and I am in (my) boy mode made me feel fabulous. It happened again about half an our later with a different woman. She was giving out fliers too!

Having said all that ... I don't think I'm even in your league. I have to wear fairly obvious girls clothes and eye makeup added to my small stature to get this type of thing happen to me. You on the other hand ......
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    I have had it happen a couple of times. When I went into a restaurant with my SO the gal greeted us with "Hello ladies". I had just got off work and was wearing T shirt and jeans. They assumed because of my long hair that I was a female. I did not try to correct them. I relished the moment.

the happy camper
    I get it on the phone a lot, but not in person. It used to happen a lot back when I was young and pretty. Not so much since the hair started to go, and it's been noticeably thinning since I was 20.

yeah!!!!, back when my actual hair was long, and down to the middle of my back. I happened to be out bowling with my neighbors, and some kid came up to me from behind, to try to sell me something, and said "excuse me, miss".....When i turned around, he realized his mistake and got real embarassed. That was the first and only time. I was always used to people coming up to me and asking me what tribe i belonged to. There were quite a number of people who believed i was American Indian. Even a couple Indians themselves!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I have this happen to me to. I did not like at first now. Love It!
    Amanda

mamm ,sir, at least they know i am in the room. seriously, have been mamd
    and i wonder what prescription was on their glasses, but I sure did love every time it happened
    regent,

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    It happens every so often. I would think my height and broad shoulders would be a dead giveaway, but I used to get ma'amed at one of old jobs so frequently I could almost count on it happening, which is very odd because people had to see me from behind because I had a long goatee at the time.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

I'd say you were meant to be a girl after seeing your avatar.

When I go through a fast food driveup or checkout line, it's about 50/50 now whether I will be addressed as "sir" or "ma'am." But I do have long hair, eye makeup and long nails all the time -- you, Lexine, on the other hand, have a much more naturally androgynous face and general build.

- Diane

I agree you have a female look to you. My wife hatted that when we were out and I was in male mode and people would say can I help you ladies. But now we fixed that problem. No more male mode. See how simple you can fix that problem.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Not since I was in my teens. At first it used to annoy me but when I realised that as a boy being mistaken for a girl I would make a convincing girl when dressed. This led to some fun with some of my girl friends. Certainly couldn't pass muster now.
    I am a man and I just want the freedom to wear what I want in public or private. Is that really too much to ask?