Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever been clocked wrong... in boy mode?

It happens to me about half the time too. It used to bother me but not so much anymore.

Just the other day, I have a week left of work before I come out F/T as Angel at the office, so I was on my way to work in the morning still in guy mode. I had on a 1/2 length black winter coat, black gloves, and a forest green pashmina scarf around my neck and tucked in. Underneath the scarf was a men's button shirt and tie, but you'd not see it. I walked up to the register at D&D's, and the clerk (who I didn't recognize for once) ma'amed me through my whole order!! I was soo stunned I nearly forgot to bring my voice up as I responded to him. I was talking to one of the other girls who I know there after, who confirmed that he 'didn't know', and congratulated me as I ended up knocking my whole coffee onto the floor. Ugh..

Kicker? Later that afternoon I went into a diff. diner, and was talking to the girls there about the morning, and got giddy again.. and NEARLY wore my drink there too. I certainly wasn't offended, and now my biggest headache will be the opposite with my RLE beginning on New Years. Go figure.
    Last edited by Angel.Marie76; 12-21-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Ok since Karen didn’t jump on this one then I guess I will.

Does this mean you were Counterclocked?

LOL

Dee

When I was in boy mode I was buying a new bra and panty set, as I walked up to the sales desk the SA asked if I would like to try it on. I should have said yes but didnt. When I replied she was a little embarassed.

Not since I was a teenager, but it's something I'm aspiring too now, with the right haircut and some other subtle cues like earrings

I am called 'mam about 50% of the time on the phone, no matter where or what phone I am using… even at work. Co-Workers will call up and ask who is speaking. I hear a few faint chuckles out of them after I tell them who I am.

THat happens to me on the phone occasionally. I don't have a deep voice at all, and may sound feminine. It no longer bothers me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

I pass as female more when I am not trying. (in 'boy' mode) I love it !! I love the 'her' 'she' 'that Woman' etc. I just hate it when/if they notice the "mistake" and than say 'excuse me, Sir.' or worse the 'Sir' when I am in full fem mode.

Robin

It's happened to me a couple of times -- maybe recently because I wear clear nail polish and a femme wedding ring most of the time in drab, and when people look at my hands first. Once or twice peolple realized they made a mistake and apologized -- to which I said, "No problem -- thanks for the compliment!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I was dressed up as a female cheerleader for a Halloween party, and had my legs shaved.

One of the girls who was there told me I "had the legs" for the costume, and when I was leaned over on a window-like opening that separated the kitchen / dining room to the living room, the same woman said there was "too much ass" in there...
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

I need to add to this today since I got mistaken for a girl again tonight LOL

Tonight was the night of our office's Christmas party. We were on our way back to our party bus after seeing the Clippers lose to the Rockets at Staples Center when these guys standing right next to a different party bus asked us if we wanted to join them. J, one of the girls I work with, asked if it was our party bus and I replied, "No," so she kept walking past them. One of the guys then walks infront and around me, looked at my face, at which point I felt his eyes go down towards my legs and said, "Wow! Are you sure you don't want to go with us, gorgeous?"

I replied in a manly voice, "Uhh, not in a million years buddy!"

After that I just kept on walking until I found our party bus. Funny thing is that I was wearing the same jacket that I wore back in Disneyland shown in the opening post. Hmm...

Yes only by my wife as she thought she was marrying a man
    Last edited by Joanne f; 12-23-2010 at 05:26 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Today when I was paying for my breakfast in the cafeteria at work, the lady said "Thankyou Ma'am!" Then she got a screwed up looked on her face, then half stating and half questioning said "You're a guy, I'm sorry!" Then I smiled and said "I'm sorry too!" and picked up my food and walked away. After that I heard some girls behind me giggling and smiling. That would have normally bothered me, but today I felt really good being mistaken for a girl! Maybe I'm starting to outwardly appear and act more feminine? I'm afraid to be critisized, but another part of me really wants to look like a woman.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I just realized that it has been about a year since anyone has "ma'amed" me. But my hair has also gotten long enough that when combined with a band shirt most people probably see a long haired hippy before anything.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Quote Originally Posted by Lexine View Post
    One of the guys then walks infront and around me, looked at my face, at which point I felt his eyes go down towards my legs and said, "Wow! Are you sure you don't want to go with us, gorgeous?"

I'd pay good money to be able to see the reaction on his face.
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    I've had this happen too Lexi... its been a while though as I haven't been femming out as much. It tends to happen when I send mixed signals, like wearing my hair in a female way and wearing just enough makeup to have a noticeable feminine touch. Generally the deciding factor is what voice comes out...

I get this ALOT over the phone and at drive throughs... I'm actually using my female voice more often than my male voice at this point so thats always funny.

The two times it really surprised me though was at the orthodontist. I was clearly dressed in a mens shirt and slacks... but my hair and face were fixed very feminine and sure enough they tried calling out Miss Skye... I blinked stupidly in my seat for 10-30 seconds before the gal panicked and started searching for my sex on the forms (blushes) that was just embarrassing.

The other time I was just picking up groceries, again feminine hair and face, mens dress-shirt and slacks... this was really weird as I was at my usual grocery store, and a new cashier was checking me out. She mam'ed me... and I just chatted away with her in my fem voice as if all was normal. She really thought I was a chic picking up her groceries... though I'm not sure how.

Its those days I wonder what magic makes me female.... while on other days dressed obviously for the part people look at me as if I'm something not quite female.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    maybe its the super groomed eyebrow arch?

fierce glamazon
    hehe it happens to me a lot because i dress really femme in 'boy mode'. ive been to restaurants with my gf where the server will say 'what will you ladies be having tonight' and then they will look at me and apologize and i just smile hehe

i get a lot of young kids that walk by and ask their mother 'mommy, is that a boy or a girl?'
    Last edited by Avana; 12-23-2010 at 11:56 PM.

I can recall getting called "ma'am" twice. The first was picking up a sweater dress from a store after work. Male mode. Hadn't shaved since the morning. "I can help you over here ma'am... oh, I'm sorry!" The second was getting groceries after work, with the bagger asking me which type of bag.

In both cases, I could easily laugh it off, while smiling inside.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

Quote Originally Posted by Lexine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Angiemead12 View Post
    maybe its the super groomed eyebrow arch?
    Angie, if their indicator that I'm a girl is only through my groomed eyebrows, then they got a lot of problems to worry about considering I didn't even have my forms on LOL

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Most of the time my eyebrows are tidy with a somewhat feminine arch but not extreme except for those opps moments when I get carried away. A few months ago on a Friday evening I decided to wear a bit of foundation, some finishing powder and lined my eye a bit. I was was wearing red sleep pants and a t shirt that wasn't gender specific since I had planned on just hanging out at home for the evening. My wife yelled up to the bedroom that she needed milk from the convenient store and asked me to go get some, I stepped out and told her I had just applied makeup, her response was "oh just go the way you are, I need the milk" So I slipped on my white Sketchers and off I went. There were not many people there, maybe 7 total. So I grabbed a gallon of milk and went to pay. The cashier smiled then asked "Ma'am" is that all for you? I smiled at her the walked to the door to exit when two men say me and opened the door for me and smiled and nodded as if I was a woman. I had no wig or forms but felt and was treated like a woman just doing what normal woman do.

My wife thanked me, asked if anyone noticed my makeup and earrings since she didn't really get a good look at me before I left. I just acted like it was no big deal. Then I went back upstairs to finish my makeup.

Does that count as getting clocked in boy mode?

Linda

I get this all the time from first meetings, at gas stations a lot until the credit card is shown. What is funny, at least to me is when shopping and at the checkout guys attempting to hit on me and then hear me in my male voice then their attitude changes and back off or if I notice them doing this I will drop into my female voice because there are times when men are offended at themselves for wanting to hit on a female who is not female and they tend to blame us.
    SRS January 27

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Hell I'm lucky to get Ma'amed enfemme.....
    Haha Karren,,, great

A few weeks ago, the girl who cuts my hair (I'm always there as a male) commented on how "well shaped" my eyebrows were. Now, I'm wondering what she might say next visit if I wear the slightest hint of my favorite fragrance - Beautiful. Such a small amount that only she would notice while cutting my hair.