Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know why I crossdress. Why do we want to go public?

I know why I crossdress. Why do we want to go public?

I told my best friend today about going shopping as Emme. His surprised me by asking some questions like: Did it sexually excite you?(No) Were you truying to fool the world? I don't think fool is the word. I could not answer all his questions...it made me think... so I ask you my sisters.....why do we want to presnt as women?

I think, I may have an answer...It just feels goood! And I am going to take my 6' 4" frame on the road again...soon!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

I dont go out much in public to shop ect.
    But I have enjoyed attending events and nites out.

So my reason for going out is mainly social; It still feels good to look around a room and see others dressed, talk with them and compare notes

I try to present as womanly as possible mainly because it feels right. And you have to get to the event which means being in public.
    I'd like to think its pride and self motivation; but I never want to be the worst lookig gal in the room.
    Also I think its kinda a matter of respect to the GG's in attendance.

I want to go out because I want to be myself without being harassed or being put down because of the cloths I chose to wear.

I started going out because setting at home all dressed up is boreing as hell!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I started going out because it felt wright,I can do the stuff that i want to do,and since im sort of out there now I dont need to hide.I hate the fact that im trapped in a male body

I go out in public because I feel this is the best way that I can manifest myself as a person. I can play guy or girl either way. I enjoy womens' sense of fashion and I want to be a part of it,and experience it for myself the way women do.

Staying home and dressing up feels pointless.

the happy camper
    I remember when the idea first occurred to me it gave me a huge rush of adrenalin-fueled sexual excitement. I could just imagine how wonderfully hot I would feel walking around in public in a skirt. I was right.

I do it because it feels sexy, it excites me, and it makes me feel more alive. I become visible to the world.

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Karren I love your posts lol.

hmm well I think everyone has their reasons..
    We have a big community with a lot of different types of people..

I've gone out in public briefly and WOW I got a lot of stares.
    Some people will hate me for this but I'll just go ahead and admit that I really love the attention haha.

Feeling beautiful and having everyones eyes on you is certainly a rush!
    I don't make nearly as much of an impact walking into a room as a guy

I never been out....but I want to experience the whole boyfriend girlfriend experience and that requieres to go out to places

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Emme, I vote with your best friend!

I get NO thrill from going out dressed! Unless u think EXTREME FEAR is a thrill! And, it definitely does NOT turn me on! Dressing in private DOES!
    The thing about it is; How many BAD things can happen to u dressed in private?
    Now, how many BAD things can happen to u dressed out?

I LOVE meeting other girls dressed in a CD friendly venue. Otherwise, I'll continue to go out FEARLESSLY in drab!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I dress because it makes me feel good. I go out because it is boring at home and it is a challenge. I may feel good because it is an escape from the other parts of my life that I do not enjoy. Why CDing instead of something else, I have no idea.
    Chickie

we are sociale animals. we all want to go out. there are a myrid of situtuations that you can go to with no threat worse than joe blow steping out the door.
    regent,

sunny with a high of 75!
    "There is danger in sitting on the fence and watching the birds"- Orville Wright (I think).

Today I didn't leave my apartment because I couldn't decide which version of me would be most comfortable out. Finally decided on Robin, got ready, and ran my errands, leaving around 7:30. Nothing scary happened- the vast majority of people have a live and let live attitude. I went to 2 different Targets, a high-end grocery store, Dillard's, and Wal Mart. This is in the suburbs of Dallas, and it's fun to hear people's minds in action, as they realize that there at T people in the suburbs, too, not just in diverse Dallas.

Most of the time I'm out with friends, enjoying a movie and dinner or dessert, or some other ordinary thing. It's nice when the outside can match the inside of me. It's just good to be authentic to yourself, comfortable in your own (chosen) 'skin'.

1 - It's a challenge, a proving point to show that you can evoke the reaction from others that you choose. (They think I'm a girl! or There's a show! or That person's a crossdresser)
    2 - It's a search for acceptance.
    3 - It's an ego thrill. Being checked out by others, even blatantly, give you the spotlight even if for bizarre or threatening reasons.
    4 - It's practice. For next time.

I dress because I feel it helps me better represent who i am. I also love fashion and feel that life is too short to only get a clothing experience of just one gender. And then sometimes I just do it for the reaction.

So many reasons that we go out. For me it is because dressing is not the point living is. To live you need to get out and get things done that need to be done. Simple as that, Not out to prove anything to any one.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Not only do I get a chance to stand out,but I get a chance to be socially challenged and work through it in a clever way.Men bull their way around the tasks while most women handle them craftily..And that goes for social situations and personal safety as well.Perhaps I would have enjoyed being a character actress playing many roles...like women do so naturally.I love an audience and there isn't enough of one at home[two and a half girls and a half boy.lol] SO I HAVE TO GO OUT AND ABOUT.Try it,you"ll like it!

When I go out dressed I feel so alive and wonderful. Its also good to be treated as a woman. I had reached a point that dressing in the house wasn't enough so I decided to take the ultimate step.

What Karen says. There comes a point where sitting in the house all dressed and made up, isn't enough.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

I love getting out and about because sitting at home all dressed up just doesn't cut it anymore. I guess it's the call of the wild that pushed me out the front door, which was (is) a great thrill and wickedly addictive.

I present as Tasha because she has become a large and important part of who I am, and she refuses to stay closeted.

Tash

I look around at all the sheeple wearing their boring-as-hell pants and sneakers, and think I can do a lot better at dressing that the vast majority of people. It's really nice to wear beautiful clothes instead of the utilitarian clothes most people wear, women included. It's really a shame that everyday women's clothes have devolved into some imitation of men's clothing.

John

Don't you think that going out is really about looking for accetance of the inner girl in us? There are other issues that arrise out of it. Some want to be attractive to a man. Some want to socialize. Some are bored with staying at home. Some don't go out because they realize that reality can sometimes be very rude and/or dangerous. Some don't care if reality can be rude or dangerous. Some want the world to see that spirit of a beautiful young girl trapped inside an old man's body. Whatever. But I think we all seek that validation.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

The attention from men is what I like, also the fact that feeling like a woman gives my life a more sense of who I am since the male in me is so unhappy and pointless.

Love , Ericka
    She's back

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Dressing en femme isn't just about what I see in the mirror but about the overall experience and how I am growing as an individual. To stay in the closet is to stagnate. I need to continue to grow and face new challenges. Getting out in public sets new parameters for my dressing. I no longer just have an internal fantasy to achieve, but now I have to try and meet external expectations as well. The richness of the experience is greater than anything I can do in my home and while I don't always have the best time, there is no doubt the experience is more complex and there is more to savor. To refer to another thread here, when I stay home it's meat and potatoes, when I get out there is rosemary in the gravy.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I go out in public because I really can't live my life without spending time as a woman.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8