Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know why I crossdress. Why do we want to go public?

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]For me? Why waste the effort of getting all pretty and not sharing with the rest of the world? Besides I love catching guys checking me out.... [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

I do it because I want to. I'm not looking for men but do like to be treated as I am presenting.

Like most people, it's because it's a natural part of me and I'd be damned if I kept her bottled up in a tiny closet in my apartment. To some, it's also a validation of what they're doing. For others, it's an escape.

I have been dressing for many years, but have rarely felt the desire to go out in public dressed. In fact the only times I have been out in public have been to Halloween parties.
    I suspect that part of the attraction of crossdressing for me is that it is a form relaxing by myself for myself. There is also a feeling of “letting down my guard”. While I’m willing to share the experiences (with my wife for example), I’m not doing it to please anyone else. In that context the stress and risk of going out in public, and the effort to keep up a publicly acceptable persona, are just not that attractive.
    Maybe things will change in the future, but that is how it is at the moment.

I want to go out because thats the only way to live out completely. A personality is for living not hiding.

I have also had a more closed crossdress life, but will at times take the walk on a quit country road or maybe just relax in the yard, Iam glad i have taken the chance to feel the wind up my skirt, or the cold air on my pantyhosed legs, walking in heels in the rain and my pantyhosed feet getting wet. These are small little things but i,am happy that i could enjoy them. If i was more passable i probably would take more chances.

I feel like I'd go out in public all dolled up because it would be like a right of passage or like a test. A test to see if I could pass or come off to people as a genuine female.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That was stated so clearly and explicitly, Vale! It's EXACTLY why so many of us don't go out! Nice to have u here! After 10 posts, you'll be able to send and receive private messages! So, keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Vale View Post
    I have been dressing for many years, but have rarely felt the desire to go out in public dressed. In fact the only times I have been out in public have been to Halloween parties.
    I suspect that part of the attraction of crossdressing for me is that it is a form relaxing by myself for myself. There is also a feeling of “letting down my guard”. While I’m willing to share the experiences (with my wife for example), I’m not doing it to please anyone else. In that context the stress and risk of going out in public, and the effort to keep up a publicly acceptable persona, are just not that attractive.
    Maybe things will change in the future, but that is how it is at the moment.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I go out because...........
    Well, I dress to look and feel like a woman. A goodly part of that is being treated like a woman by other people and social interaction with them. It confirms and amplifies the way I feel about myself as a transwoman. The more positive feedback I receive, the more confidence and attitude I exude. On a really good feeling day (or night) I can just float along with my movements feeling natural and me feeling very attractive. I've been oggled by truckers and whistled at by other men and even though I didn't seek that exact attention it was very exhilarating. It can be addicting in a way and if I could I would find a way to maintain that feeling 24/7.
    Sally

unless one has a phobia of some sort, just sitting at home staring at the walls is a drag.. (ha.ha.ha bad joke i know).

i love to get out as loni, just wish i could more often.
    like as in i need to get up to reno this week (dmv legal stuff) but must be done as male. (sad).
    Loni

Ask him why he wants to go out in what he's wearing. "Why do you do it?" : Because I like it.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    I go out in drag mainly to go shopping so I can try womens clothes on before I buy them. This also helps me not look like a "gay guy shopping for womens clothes," - a reputation I hate. I've gone to church in a skirt suit several times too because I went shopping afterwards. But one time an African family followed me into church and the son was thinking about hitting on me until he realized I was a man. I went to the grocery a few times in drag but and one guy almost hit on me too. But when I go shopping in drag sometimes I feel I can't hit on pretty women that way.

I like to go to church sometimes in a skirt suit to feel like I'm one of the women there... I have several beautiful church type skirt suits too.
    You always seem to think everyone is "hitting on you". For some reason that really puzzles me.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferB View Post
    You always seem to think everyone is "hitting on you". For some reason that really puzzles me.
    Not everyone hits on me. Just a few times I went out in drag did men try to hit on me.

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Not everyone hits on me. Just a few times I went out in drag did men try to hit on me.
    Fine, if you say so. But honestly, are you sure that isn't just your fantasy?

I can only speak for myself, but there are several reasons why I go out as Nicole. First, it is very hard to buy new shoes while sitting at home. Second, I get tired of preparing my lunch and want to eat in a nice restaurant. And lastly, I fear that the local Dress Barn and Avenue stores will go out of business if I am not there to support them...

I went out for several reasons. First was the desire to just be myself no matter what anyone else thought. Second, it is a thrill to be yourself in public. Third, I always hope to make some kind of contact or connection with other people to feel like I am a part of the world. It is fun and thrilling to have conversations with other "normal" people and to be accepted by them.

I just do not appear as a female even dressed, but to me I like it so never ever go out in public. If I wanted to get into a confrontation, I would go to the pub coz I could run faster in flats than high heels.

i didnt go outside yet but i do wanna go this summer
    because i love the feeling of ebing w woman

and since people say i even look like a girl when iam a boy i so wanna go outside

I am with Karren. My first goal once getting close to some more or less acceptable female image of myself was always to go out into he real world and do what I had always done in male mode. I dress occasionally around the house, but if I am going to put all that effort into it, I do want to take it on the road. As others have said, shopping en femme is so much better with far better results for fit and look of a specific garment. I respect those that prefer to stay inside for whatever reason. I have found that I am much more open when out dressed en femme and am actually taking advantage of living near such a wonderful cosmopolitan City As San Francisco with all that it has to offer, including diversity, which I help contribute to on a regular basis.

Cant speak for all but can speak for myself.
    Since I was five years old I have wanted to dress or "be" a girl. For a lifetime I've wanted to be just like the girls, dress like the girls, be treated like the girls, BE a girl. At last I have found the courage to enter the world and be perceived as "a girl". It's a life long dream/want/desire. Do I try and fool people? Yes, though not for the reasons most straight men would think of. I want to "fool" people for my own pride and safety. Pride in that I hope that I look female and will be accepted as such. Safety in that I don't need to worry about some thug trying to kick my backside if he doesn't know I am male. I don''t care about "tricking" him for amusement or sexual purposes - I want to fool him so that I get treated as a lady and so that I dont need to worry about a physical assault.

I cant think of a reason not to go out dressed! Except, well maybe I'm to lazy to change clothes! BESIDES THAT WOULD BE BORING!

Going out is just part of a progression of me being me. I love to go out both to shop and to socialize. I love the movies and even the occassional play/opera while dressed. The only unfortunate part with the movies / plays is that I am usually alone. I even went to Disneyworld once but, (sigh) I was alone.

I love the feminine esthetic so much that, at times, I want to be it.
    I want nothing to do with the male sexuality end of it.....I want to think, be, and do what women think, be, and do.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Because when I present to the public dressed femme I am presenting my most authentic self. When I am dressed in male mode that is when I am truly cross dressing.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Banned Read only
    I go out because I want people to see the pretty woman that I am. It is exciting. As a guy, I'm relatively invisible, I mean who cares about a guy? But a woman in short dress and high heels is hot!