Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you crossdress in front of your family and do they accept you enfemme?

Don't think, no i know, i couldn't quit. 2nd wife left over it. Something she said made me out myself to my 3 sons. Very mixed reactions. 1 fully accepted immediately 1 accepted - wasn't keen but now sits chatting to me while I am dressed. Both these two in their 20's. Youngest at 18 definitely disapproves but accepts my freedom to do it. Current SO 100% supportive encouraging everything. She buys me so many clothes its amazing.

I do not dress in front of my family....wife has seen me in lingerie a few times. She is starting to open up to the idea of my dressing in front of her, but I am taking it VERY slow. We have two young daughters and I do not want to expose them to it yet. I do encourage them to be openminded and accept people who are "different" from the norm, so maybe one day when the are older. I just came off a 3 1/2 year stretch of not dressing and am in the pink fog right now so it's difficult for me to envision quitting...have tried that numerous times and have always come back.

I dress up in front of my wife and younger sister,they both understand my desires about wearing women's clothes.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

[SIZE="4"]You and me both on that score Tasha about "THE LOOK" & silent treatment, had a parcel delivered to me this this morning from JDWilliams, only a couple of bras mind, got a phone call from gf "your parcels come" end of conversation, as though she knows whats inside.

Some SO's should have signed up to the SS or the Gestapo the way they carry on. I know she goes through my stuff as if I'm hiding summat, she must think I fell out of the last xmas tree & that I wont notice.
    Yes she knows I dress, I have even asked, "whats the problem" would you rather I do drugs or rob OAP's xxx

Summat = something
    OAP = Old age pensioners
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Mandy; 12-21-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: update
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I crossdressed in front of my late wife for the almost 50 years we were married. My children never knew I was a CD until last year, when I finally told them. They are O.K. with it, but do not want to see me dressed. My dear wife and I had agreed to not tell them when they were very little, and of course I never dressed when they might see me. My late wife used to do my makeup and fix Stephanie's wig. I was not only her husband, but also her best girlfriend!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

No way. My wife strongly disapproves--maybe I will dress in front of her in the distant future. Don't think I can quit--ever.
    Mandy, thanks for your comments. I don't speak Brit. What's a summat? What's an OAP?

Being fully enfemme in front of my wife is a giant "no no". She is accepting of my underdressing and has purchased panties for me in the past. She has also purchased women's pjs for me as well. She has not demanded I cease my activities, but definite boundaries have been drawn. So far (45 years),we have been able to live within them. Merry Christmas to all.

No I do not force myself on others. My wife knows and seems accepting but does not want to have anything to do with it. She does not want to see me in a skirt!

One of my daughters (22) also knows and she seems okay about it... as long as I am still the hero dad who sorts her problems... and I grab every opportunity!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Nope!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I dress and go OUT with my wife and grown daughter. We generally have a pretty good time. My grown son is willing to go with us, just hasn't happened yet. All of my wife's many siblings know and have seen pictures. A few want to go to the club some time when I'm out.

I could restrict my dressing in some ways,but stop? Are you kidding!
    Sally

My wife knows I dress, allows me to go out and a certain amount at home but had drawn the line at complete transformation in her presence. [ we had to establish boundaries after kate went wild] There was a christmas party last weekend so I asked her to go not expecting a yes. Well, she not only said yes, she went out and bought a book about it so she would be better prepared. We seem to be getting even closer that we were now that can appreciate my feminine side more. I believe she see's the whole thing in a much clearer light now. My other family members are too far away to out myself to them but I now think I would. ( sisters)

My wife knows, family and friends dont.

Could I quit? and would I do it for them? well, i relate this question to "would I take a bullet or die for my wife or family?" because thats what would happen, a big part of me would die if I gave up CD'ing. I guess for me its not recreational, or a hobby, its part of me, part of who I am, part of my personality.
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Former Member
    My wife has known and has been supportive since before we were married.

My kids found out by accident a few years ago. They are in their late teens now. I explained crossdressing to them and we had a discussion. It's amazing what kids are accepting of. They are both okay with it. My daughter even gives me makeup and fashion tips.

I am very careful that I don't embarass them in any way. I am free to dress any time I want, but I won't leave the house. I have been very active in their lives and feel they appreciate my sacrifices to them. Especially when they see their friends dads who would rather spend time on the golf course or bar and are detached from their kids. We have always had a close family.

Could I quit? For the well being of my kids and wife, I would quit. Nothing is more important to me than my family. It would be selfish of me to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 22skido View Post
    ...My wife left and 2 of my children won't talk to me but I am still committed to being melissa. I am at peace with myself and am happy.
    I have a hard time even thinking about the question because of this response.

In trying to find that balance, I cannot even fathom losing my wife, let alone two of my children based on how I might present myself. How can one be truly happy with so much loss.

That said, yes...it's sad that being ourselves can result in so much loss. Still, this one honestly affects me, and not in a good way.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I forgot to mention that YES I would quit in a heartbeat if someone in my family or my girlfriend asked me to. I did quit completely on my own years ago, and only started dressing again because my dear late wife begged me to. She missed Stephanie!! Anyone can quit if you have the desire!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    I have a 19 yr old daughter at home and of course my wife and they see me dressed often. I have an older daughter that lives near by and she sees me dressed now and then and her husband about once a month. The ladies have all been out with me at times also.

Could I quit? Who knows? I think everything is possible but I don't really care to find out.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle
    Do you crossdress in front of your family and do they accept you enfemme? Would you ever quit for the sake of your loved ones?
    [SIZE="2"]Yes and no. I tried it on Thanksgiving, with mixed results, and I’m going to try it again during a Christmas get-together. Stay tuned. [/SIZE]

Yes, my SO knows and is accepting of it to a degree - if she comes in and I am dressed, there isn't a mad scramble to get back into Male mode, would probably just spend the evening that way. However I never get up from the couch and start dressing, it is always something that she comes in the middle of (if that makes sense) rather than seeing from the beginning. The days I love are when she comes in, and I am cooking dinner or something dressed and I stay that way for the rest of the evening.
    The only stipulations she puts is that it stays in the apartment and out of the bedroom, and I am happy with both of those - even though personally, i would love just walk out in the street dressed - maybe some day...

My SO knows about Karen, in fact that is how we met, she worked at a transgender friendly store, and I came to see her, now she is tolerant. Some times we go out with me dressed, but hane not in a few weeks, need to go soon.

I am very out but go through periods where I don't care about dressing, but I always know it will be back. You can dress in private away from your family but I don't think permanently quitting is a real possibilities
    Michelle

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I forgot to mention that YES I would quit in a heartbeat if someone in my family or my girlfriend asked me to. I did quit completely on my own years ago, and only started dressing again because my dear late wife begged me to. She missed Stephanie!! Anyone can quit if you have the desire!!
    Sisssystephanie is right if and only if dressing is nothing more than a hobby.

To answer the OP's questions: Yes I dress in front of my family, yes they accept me. No as a transsexual I could not quit.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Aspiring Member
    My ex has been in for the holidays and i have been 24/7 with forms and undies. Her only complaint has been the application of eye shadow. I had ordered a new outfit for new yearsbut it was too big I have dropped to a 16. Hey, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

I think crossdressing is very intimate and something private so no i dont dress in front of family and i will never do it. I dont feel that i need to share everything with everyone. The only people i can share it with is people that i know accept it in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by ninapuella View Post
    I think crossdressing is very intimate and something private so no i dont dress in front of family and i will never do it. I dont feel that i need to share everything with everyone. The only people i can share it with is people that i know accept it in the beginning.
    I also think that it is very intimate. I would not x-dress in front of my wife. As far as i know, she doesn't know of my x-dressing. now if she were to find out about it and accept it, then I would probably dress in front of her MOST of my free time. And after thinking about it, if she found out and didn't like it, then I would HAVE to convince her to accept it. I have accepted it recently after fighting these urges for many years. I KNOW that I am a crossdresser, and I have accepted the fact that I LIKE it and I ALWAYS WILL! I never want to stop doing it. I'm so happy that I found this forum and that there are others out there that SUPPORT me. BIG HUGS to all of you!

I dressed in front of my daughter and my son when I was dressing 24/7. They did not really care, it was up to me. I told my sisters about it, but they never rejected me for it. My mother new, but my dad passed away many years before and never knew I dressed.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU