Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting thing happened at the store

Interesting thing happened at the store

I was at a local store here, there was a sale of panties and I was in full male mode but my female instincts kicked in I was looking around for some nice ones and found quiet a few and without realising I was holding 3 or 4 in my hands. Then a lady walked straight past me, middle aged wearing a oversized top and baggy jeans. I could tell she wasn't in touch with her feminine side. She paused and looked at me with disgust, and groaned very loudly. She said 'ha some men are ridiculous, sh*t there's a reason they are for women'. I have no idea what she means
    but people like her are why crossdressers these days cannot be accepted as apart of society. It got me thinking about why our society is just so unaccepting of people being different instead of embracing it.
    Its only when you put on that dress or that skirt that you feel like a real women

You could've said you were shopping for you Valentine :P

You should have spoke up and said. "Lady, what's your problem?"
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Maybe a lil catty like, arh these aren't Nana panties.

Im new but I have to respond to this - I would have been coward and said its not for me.... i have bought 3 times from high street shops and I have implied its for the girlfriend (im single so thats a lie) but I do feel angry that feel I have to do that. Despite a very few famous people being openly trans/cd our society is is very much closed to guys wearing fem stuff...

In answer to your question, about why people are so un-accepting, its basically because there are not enough famous people who do it, (at least openly) Maybe i will make a film about it one day - i work in the industry, just need a lil more time b4 i can become influential enough to get hollywood studio backing... ONE DAY!!!!

J

Imagine the things we could accomplish in this world if we all worked well together... Kinda sad really that we don't.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    There must be a "reason" for her,damned if I know what it is,wasnt she ever told If you cant say anything nice,Don't say anything at all
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I've had no problems buying femme apparel but I must relate one incident that happened While Shopping at JC Penney for some bras. I selected my items and went to the cashier station and was met by a friendly sales person.
    She ran up my selections and then said " I think that they will will look lovely on you". I thanked her and said I would be enjoying them soon.

Janine, I think thats an assumption that she could possibly get in trouble for making. IMO

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure what reason she might have been alluding to. I haven't worn male undies in years!

But, one grumpy, intolerant lady doesn't constitute society. Every now and then we encounter women and even a few men who are far more open-minded and accepting. Probably not the majority and maybe not even a significant minority, but I appreciate them, each and every one!

Platinum Member

Wink Riot in Aisle Five!

Maybe, she meant there is no 'pocket' for your 'junk.' Sounds like you went to Wal-Mart. Maybe you should have asked her if her girlfriend buys sexy undergarments for her! Riot in aisle five!

"I know honey, you are so right men are just ridiculous aren't they? Give me five sister! That is exactly why I have started my change...what do you think so far? Working out well don't you think? You should have seen me before..."

Somehow I think she would have been gone faster than you could see.

OR my more likely response..."who died and made you head ogre?"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rose View Post
    She said 'ha some men are ridiculous, sh*t there's a reason they are for women'.
    Mmm.

I might have responded, "Ha some women are ridiculous. There's a reason clothes come in SIZES"

Perhaps you should have said, well SIR YOU can wear the wear the jockstrap I prefer panties!

Silver Member
    And how the hell did she know they were for you, I have bought underwear for my wife before now as I am sure lots of men have!!

I like that

I've never run into anything quite that overt, occasionally a "can I help you?" from a clerk or two who thought I seemed a little confused. I did have a couple of experiences when buying panties in the girls' department, back when I could fit into such things : One young cashier asked me nervously if I had a daughter, then when I just as nervously said "I'm sorry?" because I didn't quite hear her (I was being polite, not annoyed), rephrased the question to, were they for my daughter? I sheepishly replied that they were, at which point we both blushed, because I think we both knew who they were for; then she tried to hide her embarrassment by trying to change the subject. Another time, I had another young salesgirl say, in a similar situation, "I guess this is the highlight of your day, isn't it?"--her assumption was that I'd been sent on an errand by my wife to buy underwear for a daughter. In both cases, I didn't get indignant, I sort of enjoyed the experience.

Don't let it bother you--you're buying a perfectly legal, normal item and it makes no difference who they're for.

Edit: One thing I do to minimize issues--I generally will only go to a female cashier to check out my purchase. They are more likely to get flustered or even flirtatious than indignant.
    Last edited by Melinda Lou; 02-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.

My advice is never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

a bit nutty
    Funny how brave people feel when they think you'll cower and slink away and not retort. You're not doing anything wrong, she is for being an obnoxious moron. Remember that and speak up! She has no idea why you're buying underwear. I've bought them for women many times! Anyway, I would have told her that she's just jealous that you could easily slip into them while her lard-ass wouldn't fit into a sleeping bag!

Some time ago I had some twit mutter "fa%%ot" at the checkout line at the local resale shop (I had a pretty gown in my hands). I turned and glared at him, and told him where he could fine one just like it. He was half my size, he shut his trap pretty quick. He even went into another line. Chicken s&!t turd of an excuse for a human being!

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    I've had no problems buying femme apparel but I must relate one incident that happened While Shopping at JC Penney for some bras. I selected my items and went to the cashier station and was met by a friendly sales person.
    She ran up my selections and then said " I think that they will will look lovely on you". I thanked her and said I would be enjoying them soon.
    I have noticed that of all the department-store experiences I've had, JC Penney has been the best--the cashiers will often helpfully point out a special discount I might be missing or that something of the same size is on clearance.

I think that the best thing to do with people like her is to ignore them.
    Hugs, Carole

people are funny and some maybe speak before think , may God bless us all ps don't forget to think
    Last edited by rhonda; 02-01-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: ad ps

I think she knew to much. I am pretty sure she is a Mistress or something looking for a prey.

The Unlucky
    Ohhh the Irony.....

When I read ur post, in my mind "wearing a oversized top and baggy jeans" translates to "dressed like a guy". She's lucky I wasn't there, the drill Sargent in me woulda came out and ripped her a new one until she cried.

Reminds me of last christmas time when my SO and I were shopping at JCPenny and we were looking at panties when this woman noticed that a Mens restroom was within 50 feet of the Women's section....and she thought it was a GROSS INJUSTICE indeed. She felt the need to question the manager at the counter "Why on god's earth did you put a MEN'S BATHROOM so close to the Women's section? What are you now catering to perverts now? I just don't see the sense..." blah blah blah.

OHHHH MAN did I let her have it.

My opening line in my 10 minute straight monologue to her was "Excuse me?! so you're sayin I'm a pervert? maybe I'm being drug along on this shopping spree and that bathroom right there would be my only form of freedom for 5 f***ing minutes!!! Or maybe you're trying to say that every 5 year old boy is a F***ING pervert too! Even though he's just here with his mother! You should be ashamed of yourself for being so F***ING closed minded!"

Btw I want to mention that I in no way meant that I didn't want to be there with my SO, I was just screaming for the males out there that feel like that.

Silver Member
    You can't fix all the Dumb Axx in the world. Ignore it or have fun with it and give a retort. While looking through a bunch of bras on sale, I've been asked by a woman if I ware them everyday. I said yes. She got so red and left. Had a cute woman tell me "that bra isn't your color". I asked her what color she thought I should ware. I've also had women tell me that they wished their husbands weren't afraid to enter the lingerie department and knew a little about lingerie.

Some people like to impose their ideas on others. You don't have to answer to them.