Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's the first "really" public place you went while crossdressed?

1990. Went to a bar/resturant place in Pittsburgh,Pa. I dressed for quite a few years before that and thought I looked close to passable. I wore a dress that would have more appropriate for a wedding. It was very crowded. I figured it out right a way, I was over dressed and did not look near as passable as I thought I did.
    The next week I went back, wore a skirt, cami type top and a blazer. I in my own mind thought I looked much better. I actually had a good time on both trips and it became a weekly thing for several years.

Banned Read only
    My first time in actual public was to a transgender meeting in Seattle. I went in drab then changed just before the meeting started. A few of the girls said i cleaned up nicely

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    College dance, freshman year. Got chased out by some jeering frat boys.... not my best outting, but it was a start !
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

First time ever: I was 14, wearing my mother's dress and heels with a stocking-padded bra in a local forest preserve during the day. I walked there in boy-mode and got dressed in a public washroom. While I was walking the trails a man saw me but only looked. I was hoping to pass some people as I remember I so wanted to be seen enfemme, but no luck.

First time as an adult: I would walk around different Chicago neighborhoods at night, usually along busy streets and get a lot of car honks and whistles (loved it!).

First times as an adult in public & interacting as my femme self: Went to Hunters night club (a GLBT dance club in a Chicago suburb), about a 30 minute drive, and had a wonderfully girly time. On the way home in the wee hours, I stopped at a donut shop for take-out.

Since then, many forays driving to the boystown section of Chicago at night, parking in a local parking garage and walking to Spin or Berlin nightclubs (several blocks apart) on typically very busy Friday or Saturday nights.

Aspiring Member
    Started by going for drives dressed as a woman, had to stop and get gas paid at the pump but still had to get out and pump the gas, then to the post office to mail some mail had to buy stamps out of a machine with people standing behind waiting to use it also.
    It has been a while since I have been able to get back out as a woman.

One evening I got a good shave and did my make-up, I made a decent effort and thought "heck why not get dressed to complete the look"...so I did. I was so pleased with my efforts I decided to go out somewhere. My wife said we needed milk so popped over to Tesco in Llandudno Junction to collect the milk. I bumped into a store assistant and asked her to take a piccie as proof, she was so surprised but was happy to oblige.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

I went out for the first time this past Halloween to a Halloween bash that is held every year in a gay area near me. A friend of mine convinced me to go with her and her gay friends so they helped me get done up and I went. Needless to say, I had the opposite effect that most gurls have when they first go out, I was very uncomfortable, so uncomfortable I didn't feel like dressing anymore and felt I didn't need it. Looking back on it though I am not surprised. Not everyone was in drag and there were thousands of people in the streets all partying. It was a bit too much for the first time and not a good experience to gauge my true feelings. Of course I have been dressing since and am curious once again but I think next time I will stick to something small, like perhaps meet with a few other gurls to dress and chat for a bit.

My ex wife was what my attorney told me divorce lawyers call a "new welfare yuppie". (today's version of the "welfare mom" who had more kids to get more welfare money. Today the "yuppie" strategy involves a woman targeting a guy with money. She has sex with him and gets pregnant on purpose. Then he marries her and she proceeds to have blatant affairs until he finally divorces her. She ends up with a big settlement and hefty child support payment to live on.)

Anyway, I was the second victim of my ex. She had a six year old when we met. She constantly painted a picture of me as a "paranoid" husband with ridiculous accusations of her infidelity. Her typical routine was lunch or drinks with the current boyfriend, and always denying it ever happened. About a year and a half into the marriage, I decided for some reason to get a first hand view of one of her lunch dates with her boyfriend (#4 so far). I knew the place and time (she was not very good at concealing info)they were meeting downtown.

I dressed for "success" in full feminine clothes, and headed downtown. I figured I had a great excuse if things went south and I had to explain my dressing to somebody. I was simply "spying on my cheating wife". Hey, it was good enough excuse to get me out the door...hehehe.

All of the little cafe lunch spots around the State Capital Building have outside tables. Many are across from the public benches and green areas on grounds of the Capital property. I parked a few blocks away, sat on the concrete retaining wall along the sidewalk, and ate my sack lunch while snapping cell phone camera pics of my ex holding hands with this guy I had met a few times when we partied with some of my ex's "old friends".

It was definately a rush being dressed and out in public for the first time. Combined with being close enough to my ex to see the diamonds in her wedding ring sparkling in the sun as she held hands with her "friend", was quite an experience,, to say the least.

I sat there for awhile, watching them through my dark shades (which I actually "borrowed" from her!), clicked a few pics, and headed back to my car. There were lots of people sitting around eating lunch and enjoying the sunny day. Nobody freaked out, so I figured I pulled it off pretty well. I did not talk to anyone and nobody approached me, so that was a relief. I did catch my heel on the cracks in the sidewalk twice on the walk to the car, but regained my gait quickly without taking any dives onto the sidewalk. By the time I reached my car my black dress was soaked with perspiration from the excitement. Glad I picked that color! I also discovered I had managed to sit in pigeon poop, which was all over my butt. I bet that was a hoot for people walking behind me...lol.

Anyway, the "mission" was a success, I guess. I asked her what she did for lunch when she got home. Standard answer..."Nothing, just ate at my desk". No, I never confronted her. I rarely did. I had nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I just erased the pics since I knew I would have many more in the future. I finally divorced her after about 3 years of that nonsense. She got what she was after...money. I got what I was after...my freedom (and lots of practice being a "Black Op's CD"...lol.

I actually found out that I am pretty damn good at it...So watch-out...someday that hot chic sitting across the street, watching you eat your lunch...just might be ME!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    My ex wife was what my attorney told me divorce lawyers call a "new welfare yuppie". (today's version of the "welfare mom" who had more kids to get more welfare money. Today the "yuppie" strategy involves a woman targeting a guy with money. She has sex with him and gets pregnant on purpose. Then he marries her and she proceeds to have blatant affairs until he finally divorces her. She ends up with a big settlement and hefty child support payment to live on.)

was simply "spying on my cheating wife". Hey, it was good enough excuse to get me out the door...hehehe.

. . .

I got what I was after...my freedom (and lots of practice being a "Black Op's CD"...lol.

I actually found out that I am pretty damn good at it...So watch-out...someday that hot chic sitting across the street, watching you eat your lunch...just might be ME!

THAT story definitely takes the cake !

WOW ....
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Coffee Connection...Newbury st., Boston. 1992....Denim Skirt, black suede knee-boots, navy silk blouse, pair of dangly earrings (both ears pierced).

I went into hiding....guilt & shame afterwards.
    Now I'm back again....for good!

Banned Read only
    The first public place I went into that had humans present was a Winchell's doughnut shop. It was Halloween, but, I did buy donuts and got a compliment from the female cashier. I was wearing a long sleeve jade green print dress, black heels and stockings, blond wig and full makeup. I parked my car about a hundred feet away across the parking lot, so my car would not be recognized. The clicking of the heels on the pavement should have been thrilling, but, even on Halloween I did not want to attract undue attention. That was over thirty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CharleneT View Post
    THAT story definitely takes the cake !

WOW ....
    Hey CharleneT,

It was lots of fun, you should try it !!

If you have an extra $120K, a house and a new car you want to get rid of, I would be happy to introduce you to my ex wife...

Fun for the whole family...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On a a business trip last fall - while on a day long dress and drive, I got up the courage to go into Dunkin Donuts. The clerk glanced down when he came to the counter and saw I was in a skirt, but the experience was otherwise uneventful. The next day I shopped at a KMart, that got me a more reactions, but a lot more un-reactions.

My first outing was actually during halloween, my GF at the time was invited to a halloween party with a costume party. I suggested the gender role reversal as a fun costume we could do that would be cheap, since we already had everything we needed. I bought a cheap wig, and my first pair of heels and my girlfriend lend me the rest. from then on i didnt really dress up in public until i went to college. During my first fall break, i decided to head back to school the friday before break ended and while my parents were at work, I decided to go all out and wear only women's clothes
    I wore a denim mini skirt, a blouse with a leather jacket along with my breast forms. wore stockings and a pair of wedges, did my makeup and wore a wig and hit the road. I think I was the most nervous when i had to stop for gas and when i went into the dorm, luckily i had a room to myself, but walking into the dorm and getting to my room was very nerve racking.

The first time I kinda went out en femme was at my gym 10 days ago. I wore short purple female workout shorts.
    Then the day after Xmas a couple days back I went into a Marathon station and bought a lighter, used the bathroom at McDonalds, and spent all night at a Gepettos bar and grill here in strongsville.
    It was amazing. I was wearing full makeup, a silver heart necklace, a red blouse, and denim jeggings, and the Heels. The heels made the whole thing a blast...so loud. I'll always remember that sound.

Hi all, the 1st time I went out-apart from nerve wracking trips to the end of the path-was walking around my home town in my sisters clothes! Keeping a sharp eye out for anyone I knew (I didn't have a wig but my own hair was quite long and I sometimes got mistaken for a girl when in drab!!) Then I used to skip school and go to a local big city where I'd walk around the market stalls. This was when I was about 15-18. I was lucky in those days being small and slim. Whilst I'm still small, the weight has crept up on me & years of martial arts have changed my body shape somewhat. I very rarely go out nowadays unfortunately...
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

TheWickedWitchOfTheWeb VampyreWitch's Avatar
    the mall... way the hell away from my parents of course. But I have yet to wear a skirt, I want to today though!

TheWickedWitchOfTheWeb VampyreWitch's Avatar
    yes it does hahahaha

Detroit, Michigan. I went to Janet's Closet for a transformation, then my friend Pamela (another CD) and I were invited to join a bunch of girls at the Hellbound event that night.

We had to kill about 5 hour before everyone was going to the event, so we went back to the hotel. We were hungry, but still totally nervous about going out in public to non-CD-friendly places. I offered to drive over to Wendy's, and when I got there the line for the drive-thru was really long so I said screw it and went in and ordered. No one in the restaurant batted an eye...from there on it was no issue going out in public. If memory serves, I was wearing a low cut black top, jeans and heels.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

First time out was around 1995/1996. I was living with my parents in Orange County, CA at the time. I packed my things and got a motel in Anaheim off Harbor Blvd., if I remember correctly. I was planning on meeting another CD (Amy), whom I had met on AOL (at the time I went by Ursula). She came by in drab, and said she couldn't get dressed and go out with me. I remember distinctly doing my nails (a horrendous job). I had a really cute skirt-suit (black) and ribbed ivory top, with black pumps and black Jones NY pantyhose. She watched me slide on my hose and get all gussied up. She left, and I drove to the Queen Mary bar in Studio City. I was supposed to meet a couple other tgirls (also from AOL - the Gazebo chatroom), but I was late (traffic). Anyway, had a good time on my own. Mysterious hands seemed to reach out from the crowd and grab my bottom. I met a crossdresser named 'Erika', and she was nice. Danced, chatted, etc. Erika suggested that she give me a kiss goodnight. I consented, then I left, and realized I was running really low on gas while on the 5 south. I pulled over and the credit card machine at the pump wasn't working. So the attendant came out and told me to come inside to pay. I did, and I was really nervous. He was staring at me with a smirk. I went to my car and thought I was read for sure - excited and scared. Then I looked in the mirror to check myself and realized that when Erika kissed me, she had on so much lipstick that it left a globby lipstick mark around my lips! I figured that's what amused the gas station attendant!

I finally did it 27/12/10

[SIZE="4"]To save me starting a new thread, I had my first outing In Public in Manchester city centre, with another TGirl & a gg that was walking beside me keeping my spirits up as I was well nervy.
    I wore boots, cropped tights, denim skirt & a hooded top.
    Our first call was in Pauls hair world where i went to look at a new hair piece as I had put styling wax in my other & spoiled it big time.
    Then came the biggi, We walked down the side of the Arndale centre, the place was well packed.
    I then became well consciouse of a gang of teenage girls walking in front of me, taking a real good look, the gg that was with me grabbed my arm for reassurance and whispered to just ignore them, appart from that no one seemed to bother.
    We also walked through the Arndale centre where no one seemed to care, just went about there own business.
    On my way home I called in at the M62 services for petrol, hoping for a Pay-At-Pump, no such luck, they must be still in the dark ages!
    I just got out of my car, put petrol in car, walked into the shop joined the que & paid.
    I was well proud of my achievment
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

My first time and only time, so far, was at Downton Disney. I can't wait to get back out again. I gained so much confidence in myself.

My first time was a shoe only affair, but the next time was full dress.. I'm a control freak while dressed up, I've discovered, and I went to get gas in the car well late at night on a week night, at a gas station that was an all night type of thing.. I practiced how I would get the gas a week earlier and parked at the farthest island away from the front door.. The night I dressed and got gas I drove around until the gas station was all but deserted and went and got gas.. No big deal.. I did this four more times over the next month or so, but that first night, with the gas station under my belt, I went out to the walmart and decided to do some car cleaning.. I found a trash can on the lot near the front door, definitely visible to the security cams and got out of the car and got a few items and walked over to the trash can and tossed them.. WOW!! And maybe I can make lite of it now but it was quite the accomplishment at the time.. It was like being drunk for the first time, or drunkbravery,, You know that feeling that you get at the bar when you get buzzed and feel invincible?? That wasn't the case that night because if it were, I would have gone into the 24 hour walmart instead of cleaning the car..

I hate to admit it but it was Walmart
    Michelle

First time out dressed was New Years Eve about 5 years ago(age 58). Went to friends - the look on one persons face was a picture. Went as a "bit of a goth" and makeup was poor so I got "great legs, shame about the face". Then walked around town and on to a restaurant. Great buzz, which is why I've kept on wanting to repeat the event - better makeup though, and more confidence with the outfit. Face still not brilliant, though, but it's what nature gave me!