Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who do you see when looking in a mirror

who do you see when looking in a mirror

Is there any time you see the true female in you when you look in a mirrior. When all dressed up I feel so fem but I always see the male when i look in the mirror. Dose this ever go away. Ladies that can do there make up flawlessly do you see your self as a female in the mirror?

Yes, I see a woman certainly, not a male.
    Hugs, Carole

Sure. I can also see a blend of both and a boy. It's gotten to a point that my boy mode is more like androgyny mode. I'm fine with this because I feel that this reflects my inner self a lot more, despite not wearing any feminine items. I have a naturally feminine face and the length of my hair makes it even more so.

I see the woman inside me.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Skills with presentation (which can be learned) help. That would include both the accessories -- choosing a flattering hairstyle and so on -- and how you hold yourself. There's a trick with tilting your head, and of course you want to hold your shoulders back a little.

Another part of it is how I feel inside. If I'm feeling feminine, I see myself differently in the mirror.

Even so, I'm sure I'll never look the way I feel. So part of it is just focusing on my good features and ignoring the not-so-good features.

I just see Suzy. When I am Suzy that’s who I am. If that makes sense?
    As Jenna puts it, its how I feel inside.

Kate I'm like you. Even when dressed i see me as a male. I know that learning to put make up on will help also a good wig that for me has to reflect my age and hair coloring starting the process now for the wig. I hope to have the make down pat (no pun intended by spring) and the wig accompished by 1st of the year. There is post about what would i really like to do Fem. Ans for me go out knowing i look fem. I hope to accomplish that by May. One last item, when dressed most all my emotions reflect fem.

Reg
    Last edited by Reggie Campion; 12-21-2010 at 01:43 PM.

I see my dream girl!!!

For me...the key to that "transformation" is the point of color application to eyebrows and for me. I think it is really remarkable how male becomes female with just a couple strokes of eyeliner or brow pencil/pen. Wash it off and... bingo...you are back to a waxey...figurine face void of eyebrows...Reminds me of the movie "Powder"...great movie...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    If I am dressed then I definitely see myself, but if I am in drab I see a stranger who sorta looks like me.
    when in doubt, dress

Addicted to PANTYHOSE Maria_1969's Avatar
    I see a man in women's clothing.... Not that I do not want to see more, but because I do not yet wear a wig or makeup, I have no choice but to see my ugly, hairy face. When I look at myself naked, I try to see what the hell my SO sees in me.. YIKES! lol
    "If pantyhose can make my legs look this good, imagine what they can do for yours" - Joe Namath

every time i look at myself in the mirror,i see what i should have been, a woman and always finding ways to improve myself.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I see a man, because that is what I am. But there is a certain femininety in that man, which I know is really there. I am not a woman trapped in a man's body, and have no desire to be a woman. But I certainly do love to wear feminine clothing, and believe that I do have some feminine traits! We all have some of each sex in us, and some of us have a little more of the other sex!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

In general I see myself; just another expression of me. There have only been two times that Ive looked in a mirror and wondered who that woman was.

The first was after a makeover and I didnt recognize myself, I saw a woman in the mirror that day. However I still knew it was me sitting there; just had to kinda make peace with the mental and physical picture. It was a very good makeup job new wig and colors ect.

The second was a bar mirror; after a few drinks I was fairly relaxed but not drunk. I saw my image in the mirror and actually looked beside me because I wanted to meet that woman. That was awkward and it was kinda a trick mirror with the lighting and all.

I think I see a woman in candid photos more than in the mirror, I use mirrors as tools to check my look ect. But candid photos show allot.

I consider myself a male with a strong feminine side and thats what I see when dressed. But there are times that I wonder if I've seen the fem side out more fully. So far those moments have only lasted a few seconds but it has happenned; and to be truthfull is kinda awkward in a good way.

I always see the boy in me, even when I go fully en femme and wear the wig. I can see him in the shoulders, and in the shape of my face even with the makeup. It doesn't bother me though, in fact I like it, because I'm happy with who I am. I'm not a woman, I'm a male who crossdresses, and I feel great when I do it and I look good. I remember reading a quote in the book Lazy Crossdresser that I'm paraphrasing here but it was something like, looking good in women's clothes is not the same as looking like a woman. And I've kind of had that in the back of my mind ever since, it really informs my decisions to dress the way I do when I do.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I see me.... Only prettier than normal...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When I'm made up properly I can see past the ugly big nosed double chined miserable old bugger and at least have a moment of true joy.
    Jennifer Green
    PART TIME GURL

I know this is intended for TGs to answer, but if it's OK I'd like to share what I see in the mirror.

I'm in my 50s now and when I look at myself I don't see anyone who is pretty. I see myself becoming more and more like my aged mother (who is now devoid of naturally occurring estrogen), and I see my father in my eyes (I have his eyes and eyebrows). I see gravity and worries having taken its toll on my face, my hair, my shoulders, my neck.

I had to do a self-portrait for a project at school, and my sons told me that I made myself look masculine. I couldn't help it, I drew what I saw: an aging woman (compared to all the young folks in my class), with an angular, aging face.

When I look at myself I feel whistful for not having experienced all the things that I should or might have as a young, pretty woman, because I was so focused on career and then my kids. I regret having lost my youth.

Sorry to be such a downer. I just wanted to point out that even some of us GGs don't like what we see when we look in the mirror.
    Reine

I see a girl. Its very overwhelming to see a girl in the mirror. A bit confusing too.

When I am made-up and with hair, I see a woman. She doesn't look like my male/natural projection at all. In her I also see elements of my daughters' looks.. which could be wierd but isn't... it is amazingly reaffirming. The transformation for me is quite amazing and the two projections are very different from each other.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I see a woman. unfortunately it's my mother only 150 lbs heavier staring back at me. Wow have I got issues. LOL
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are times when I just can't get past the guy in the dress. But there are other times when I get the pleasure of seeing myself as the woman that I wish I was, and perhaps should have been to begin with. And that's one of the primary reasons I dress in the first place.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I see a woman, even in male attire, every time I look in the mirror I see a woman staring back at me

I would like to respond that "I see a woman" or "I see a pretty woman." Truthfully, however, I just see "me": a male-bodied person doing his best to emulate a woman. Yes, like all women and men, I have weak points and strong points to my appearance. I don't think I pass when scrutinized to any degree, but fortunately I have a thick skin and don't let that bother me.

In my mind, I've imagined myself as a pretty, girl-next-door type. I wish I were pretty; even just a tiny bit. My wonderful wife tells me I am, but I haven't felt that yet...

I see a girl, but I also see me. What I mean here is I do not see me as a guy in a dress, but truly me as a woman. I remember the first time I had a makeover. I spent most of the time looking in the mirrors. I couldn't believe it was me looking back at myself. I felt like a different person, but it felt wonderful.