Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZOMG!!! I met a T gurl today

ZOMG!!! I met a T gurl today

How do I know? She told me!!

I stopped into the local vitamin/heathfood store today, looking to pick up a few things. I was underdressed but i had on some mascara, eyeliner and a bit of shadow. I was wandering around looking for the stuff I needed (like I always do) when the SA came up and asked me if I needed help (which I did). The SA was a tall slender woman about my age. We went around the store picking up the stuff that I needed. I didn't pay much attenion to the SA, except that fact that I hated her shoes and the slacks. When we got down to the last couple of items to get, she mentions to me that "getting the right look is tough for us girls" I said "Us?", her replay was us CDers. I was floored and a bit shocked. She goes on to tell me bit about her and I finally mentioned a few things about my dressing. From there on out it was two GG's out shopping (one in drab). When I was headed out the door, she pulls me aside and says that she is straight and she is looking for a shopping buddy and asked if I wanted to join her some day. I called the number she gave me once I got home, and made arrangments to shop in early January. I'll be dressing at her house then off to the mall and a bit of lunch.

I'm stoked... looking for some makeup tips (hers was flawless) and a day out.

Wow, you hit a home run!!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    She was working dressed?? Lucky gal!

Was the store part of a chain, and if so then was it just her boss that was CD friendly, or was it the chain as a whole? If it was the chain as a whole, some of the members might be wanting to submit resumes

Trying to figure out how she clocked me. I can't tell if it was the HHOF ball cap or the Redwings jersey.

PS: with my glasses on one would have to be right in my face to see the makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    She was working dressed?? Lucky gal!

Was the store part of a chain, and if so then was it just her boss that was CD friendly, or was it the chain as a whole? If it was the chain as a whole, some of the members might be wanting to submit resumes

National chain store. As for the details, you ladies will have to wait. I was too taken abck to even think about those questions.

And yes, she was fully dressed. Waiting for Karren to come in and tell us about slacks.

It wasn't until she brought it up that I began to notice the very few tells she had... she passed very very well
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 12-22-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: merged please use the edit button

That's awesome... Just a word of caution... I've had a number of local girls declare they were "straight" but that isn't always the case... Not saying that's what's going on but just be aware.... My wife can attest that we crossdressers are prolific liars! Lol.

Omg I missed she was wearing slacks!!! Ekkkk!!! Danger Will Robinsin.... Danger!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-22-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That's awesome... Just a word of caution... I've had a number of local girls declare they were "straight" but that isn't always the case... Not saying that's what's going on but just be aware.... My wife can attest that we crossdressers are prolific liars! Lol.

Omg I missed she was wearing slacks!!! Ekkkk!!! Danger Will Robinsin.... Danger!!

My brain sent off a lot of red flags when she came out and said that she was straight. I didn't think to even ask about that, yet she told me. The plans aren't final yet, maybe I'll dress at home... prolly much safer

The fact she told you AND the slacks would make me run! Hahaha. But I'd still take her up on it. A local girl had this fantastic wedding gown that she would let me wear and she said she was straight too... We had a great time but turns out she was selectively straight.... We lost contact with each other but had planned to be "shopping buddies". I think "shopping" has a different meaining!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The fact she told you AND the slacks would make me run! Hahaha. But I'd still take her up on it. A local girl had this fantastic wedding gown that she would let me wear and she said she was straight too... We had a great time but turns out she was selectively straight.... We lost contact with each other but had planned to be "shopping buddies". I think "shopping" has a different meaining!
    I'm planning to meet her at a local mall when we go shopping, prolly the best idea. I really want to find a shopping buddy, it's pretty boring always going alone.

And most GGs rarely go out alone. I think that is what make many of us stick out

Julie, I think that is awesome you met someone. Since she works full time, she is probably more TS, or at least a strong TG than a CD. You just have to trust your instincts. I do not think that she would jeopardize her work, if she violated your trust since you know where she works. I say go into it with an open mind and enjoy the friendship and hopefully it will work out fine over the long run. Good luck.

First off you'd be surprised how easy makeup is to see even with glasses on, in fact I've had ggs tell me I they only noticed because of my glasses. She had to have been pretty sure to put herself out there like that.

I wouldn't worry too much about the straight comment. She probably just meant she wasn't hitting on you.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Yeah, it's fairly common to find t-girls who are attracted to other t-girls, plenty of that in these forums from what I've seen, but so what?

Don't let the concerns of a few here scare you out of making a new friend. And even if she is attracted to you, if you aren't interested back, you can still be friends, I know that from experience.

It sounds to me like she's potentially a great friend, and your initial enthusiasm evident in your original posting is fully warranted. Have fun!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Silver Member
    I would also assume she is more TS than a crossdresser if she is working en femme, she is probably fulltime or spends most of her life as a woman (I don't know of many workplaces where one could go back and forth between male and female.) I am very surprised she would be willing to "out" herself like that, and it is a credit to her she is willing to do that (not everyone could take that chance.) I'd go for it, and take her up on her offer of friendship.

For those who claim to be straight and later express interest in other TG, one needs to bear in mind that they may be sincerely heterosexual. However, it can be a very lonely life for some of us (I know this too well), and a GG partner may not be easy to find (or even possible to find for some.) It makes sense that some may turn to another TG for a partner, and I have known a number of folks in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Since she works full time, she is probably more TS, or at least a strong TG than a CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    I would also assume she is more TS than a crossdresser if she is working en femme, she is probably fulltime or spends most of her life as a woman.
    Not necessarily. Health food/nutrition/natural food type businesses probably have a clientele that skews more liberal/alternative lifestyle than others, so even a national chain might have more progressive "dress codes" than other types of retail. There could even be some variation according to store location -- an outlet in an upscale mall might expect a more conventional employee presentation than a store from the same chain located in a trendy, youth-oriented neighborhood.

When I was in full Starla mode back in the day, I worked two different jobs as a female, one with a very old and traditional national company. While I believed myself to be TS at the time, and told them as much, no one ever asked me for an official diagnosis or therapist's statement to that effect -- they just took my word for it. For all they knew, I might well have been just a CDer and not officially "transitioning," but it seemed like as long as I acted and dressed appropriately like any female employee, did my job, and made money for their bottom line, the distinction was irrelevant to them. Granted, neither job was a "meeting the public" intensive situation, but I'm sure there are some more liberal retail employers in certain categories that would hire a CDer as long as their appearance or manner are not alarming or make others uncomfortable.
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

I think this is a great opportunity to make a new friend. You never csn have too many. If it turns out not to work out, so be it. Just donĀ“t sacrifice yourself to make a connection because it initially seems perfect. Be yourself and it will take thedirection it is supposed to.

To Karren, those of us who are more "mature" get your Will Robinson reference but younger folks may not...

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    To Karren, those of us who are more "mature" get your Will Robinson reference but younger folks may not...
    Nothing makes me feel older than making some "dated" pop culture reference and having young'uns stare at me, blankly.
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

All I'm hoping for is a friendship. My wife knows but hates it and doesn't what to know any more (DADT has not been overturned at my house). It gets rather boring wandering around alone, and not really any RL people to discuss things with. That is why I an excited to meet up.

The phrase CDer was mine, she had a phrase something like "gender non-conformist" or some such thing.

Trust me I know that not being "traditional" can leave a person searching out human interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Nothing makes me feel older than making some "dated" pop culture reference and having young'uns stare at me, blankly.
    Trying madly to not recognise the will robinson remark... partly because of the age thing and partly because the robot creeped me out

You can always go back to the store and chat a little more before you decide to go out shopping with her.But sounds great to have a shopping friend. If that happened to me I woudn't be able to stop thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post
    The phrase CDer was mine, she had a phrase something like "gender non-conformist" or some such thing.
    Sounds a little "granola and sandals" New Agey to me. Sure, in a way we're all "gender non-conformists," but to insist on that nomenclature is little unconventional. Not that that's a bad thing -- she may well turn out to be one of those delightfully quirky souls that inject a bit of color and flavor into our plain vanilla society. She may turn out to be a fun GF!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post
    Trying madly to not recognise the will robinson remark... partly because of the age thing and partly because the robot creeped me out
    To me, the robot was funny. I was more creeped out by Dr. Smith. Bad enough that he's such a preening, pompous jerkass, but why did he take such an intense interest in young Will?

That is so neat julie! It definitely is great to meet other sisters, and glad to hear u both hit it off. The straight comment may have just been one made so that you both feel comfortable around each other- no hidden agendas. Heck if you are around the Detroit area Id love to meet up with ya and go shopping. It is always more fun with another person.

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    That is so neat julie! It definitely is great to meet other sisters, and glad to hear u both hit it off. The straight comment may have just been one made so that you both feel comfortable around each other- no hidden agendas. Heck if you are around the Detroit area Id love to meet up with ya and go shopping. It is always more fun with another person.
    I am around the Detroit area

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Sounds a little "granola and sandals" New Agey to me. Sure, in a way we're all "gender non-conformists," but to insist on that nomenclature is little unconventional. Not that that's a bad thing -- she may well turn out to be one of those delightfully quirky souls that inject a bit of color and flavor into our plain vanilla society. She may turn out to be a fun GF!
    It was something like that... I was so caught off guard that I didn't really catch what she actually said. It wasn't that exactly. Standing in a store, in shock doesn't help my memory

By the way, I'm not going to mention the store until I get the OK

[SIZE=4]It is sort of coincidental that you posted this, I work dressed and just met a CD who walked into the beauty salon where I work and wanted her brows waxed. I waxed them and talked with her at length. I could tell she wanted to ask all sorts of questions but was somewhat scared to ask. Then she abruptly left.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I don't tell people that I am a CD, I just let them think what they are going to think. Also, I don't jump up and down when a CD comes in unless they are really passable and the other stylists don't recognixe that they are a CD. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I no longer worry about the labels people put on themselves, it is just fun to meet people that want to ask something and can't.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]It is sort of coincidental that you posted this, I work dressed and just met a CD who walked into the beauty salon where I work and wanted her brows waxed. I waxed them and talked with her at length. I could tell she wanted to ask all sorts of questions but was somewhat scared to ask. Then she abruptly left.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I don't tell people that I am a CD, I just let them think what they are going to think. Also, I don't jump up and down when a CD comes in unless they are really passable and the other stylists don't recognixe that they are a CD. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I no longer worry about the labels people put on themselves, it is just fun to meet people that want to ask something and can't.[/SIZE]
    I am never on the look out for "one of us" (lord I hate that phrase). I think she may have been lonely and need someone to talk to. I may have been just what she needed. I have known a couple of CDers who have come out and lost their friend/families over it and have felt like they were on an island