Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What it feels like for a girl

There have been scientific studies way back in the 1970's and 80's by Kinsey and Johnson. Through extensive interviews it was noted about one in ten men identified as homosexual while one in a hundred identified as crossdressers. That would indicate that there are roughly 1,540,000 crossdressers in the United States. This group is a biased sample and would seem to skew any opinions on the issue. Since the studies were extensive, intensive as well as longitudinal there is no reason to think that the percentages have increased dramatically. Karan

I would have to say that ALL men at some point or another think about it. Firstly because our imaginations are an incredible tool so i find it hard to believe that a simple thought of what it would feel like to be a girl would not pass through every guys mind. The same thing with girls im sure. So speaking in terms of just basic random thoughts i would say every guy thinks it at one point. Then going a bit further i would say there is the innocent child play. Such as if u have a sister and she wants to play dress up or something like that and theres innocent child games. After that when things become alot more clear about how you identify i would think that a good percentage never think about it again because they have grown past those thoughts and child play. But then there are those that do it in good fun such as opposite days and stuff, and there are those who are too afraid, then theres the fetishists and lastly us who actively pursue in it. Thats just how i would rationalize it all out.
    Being dressed up is much better if you have someone else to admire and enjoy it with you.

------------------------------------------------------
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
    - Alice Kingsley

As an interesting side note; when I was a kid in the late '50s, I ran across a magazine in a locker room, a Police Gazette (or it's equivilent). This was considered pretty racy for it's time. Among the articles of lurid crimes and pictures of women of questionable virtue, was one about Frank Sinatra and other members of the "rat pack". These guys were demigods in their time and were highly admired by the young men of that generation. The one thing about the article that I retain was that they had all been wearing silk panties (I wonder why, I now realize), stating that they much more comfortable than men's underwear. As I was a kid I didn't give this a moment's thought and doubt that other readers did; crossdressing was literally unthinkable in that era.
    Now I wonder.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I came across some interesting trivia the other day. The funniest movies of all time as voted by the American Film institute was first place: Some Like it Hot Second place; Tootsie. I am not sure what the rational was for the choice but I find it interesting that movies with the subject of men dressing up as women are considered the funniest. You can look at this several ways but if you take the view that these are the most enjoyed movies of the commedy genra, then maybe you can take a leap and conclude that a lot of men watched these movies secretly wishing they had the guts to do that. I know, that is a pretty big leap but it was the first thing that came into my head when I heard that piece of trivia.

I feel that a lot more do than most may think. After all it is natural and acceptable for girls to feel what it is like to be boys. They wear jeans, pants, even boy short undies all the time. They wear their boyfriends shirts and t-shirts all the time. In contrast let a man want to wear a skirt or pretty dress or experience a soft silky nightie and that is just not socially acceptable openly. So the hidden desire to try it must be there in most men at one time or another.
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Alli

Quote Originally Posted by alli2229 View Post
    I feel that a lot more do than most may think. After all it is natural and acceptable for girls to feel what it is like to be boys. They wear jeans, pants, even boy short undies all the time.
    Alli, wearing jeans and pants doesn't make a girl feel like a boy in the least! I'm a GG - I wear jeans all the time and I feel very feminine. I also have some very sexy boy short panties, and they don't make me feel like a boy at all!!! Just saying.

If you want to compare apples to apples, you need to compare women who wear pants that are designed for women, to men who wear skirts that are designed for men: like kilts. Ask any man who wears a kilt and he'll tell you he doesn't feel the slightest bit feminine! Do you see the difference?

It's not about the clothes Alli. It's about trying to present as a gender different than birth.
    Reine

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Being TS and complete with surgeries I can tell you that it feels NORMAL. I am suggesting to you that there is NO pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It is just normal life to be a girl as it is normal life for a man to be a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    not sure if everyone wants to be a girl....but we ALL started as one.
    most logical loni you get a gold star
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    "All boys secretly want to dress up like girls, but only a few...have got the guts to admit it...Secretly, you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?" -- The Cement Garden (1993)

So do "all boys [really] secretly want to dress up like girls?" Most? A sizable minority? How would you imagine the percentage of wannabes compares to those who actually take action to see "what it feels like for a girl?"
    I have no idea, but when I first heard these (and other lines) it was on the front of a Madonna song and ooh yes, you better believe I secretly wanted to know what it feels like for a girl. Pick me! Pick me!

As for the general population I would say that Charlotte (Julie in the movie) was somewhat right, there are IMHO a lot of boys who wonder what it's like ... maybe not "all" but more than you might think.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!