Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever wonder "why bother CD'ing"?

Karren, I love wearing THEIR CLOTHES. Because most of what i have is from thrift stores! Second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacey View Post
    for me i cant resist the feelings i get while dressed..
    What kind of feelings? Do you have feminine feelings, or are you having sexual feelings?

I crossdress sometimes for the sexual arousal, but I also enjoy putting on feminine undies during the day just to be me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoie View Post
    It is fun and it is also a thing I can not stop either as many of us have tried again and again to end the need. I know I am wired different and thats just the end of story. As stated take it off throw it away and kudos to you if you can end it but for me its like "bills" they always come back!

My results on the COGIATI (http://transsexual.org/cogiati/index.php?lang=en)

To the post on this is usless info maybe but it was fun to take it.. there are many useless things in this world.. thats what makes it interesting!
    I would bet that almost every one of us on this site, would score a Probable Transsexual.

Silver Member
    Not all. I took that test a while ago and I scored in the middle, an "androgyne". Of course it isn't really an acid test by any means and should be taken with a grain of salt, but for me their description was dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That question for me falls between "why bother to breath" and "why bother to eat".... Answer... I have to... I'm not trying to be a woman.... And most of the time I don't look like one either.... I just enjoy wearing their stuff! Lol
    That just about sums in up for me.
    I am a man and I just want the freedom to wear what I want in public or private. Is that really too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post
    I would bet that almost every one of us on this site, would score a Probable Transsexual.
    Hi Julie! you are probably right. As for me, I'd love to be, if it would fit in with the life that I have right now. I really can't change the way things are for me. But probably, if i could be accepted as a woman, and be able to keep my sexual arrousal, then I'd ALWAYS like to wear the clothing of a woman, and act feminine when i want to, and not worry about if it is accepted.

Once again, I agree with Karen, I don't want to be a woman, I just want to dress like one. I simply love wearing silky smooth clothing, and of course, very high heels. In all other aspects of my life, I"m totally male

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Why bother indeed, stop, don't wear anything feminine, get the polish off your toes, and man up! Now just wait and see how long it takes before you know why we bother. About a month, with out it, and I know why I dress, and it's not really a choice for me.
    Tina B.
    Hi Tina,

Quite agree with you on this one! It ebbs and flows and when it flows, well, there's only one answer - out with the underpinnings, stockings, frock, heels, wig and slap...

Dead right, 'IT' makes the decision for you and just complicates your life...

xx Polly R
    Last edited by Polly R; 12-23-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    On a journey from here to there. Mostly here but sometimes there....

I always go through periods of "why bother"... but it always comes back, and as you get older it comes back quicker! I just accept it... so don't get rid of your stuff too quick, unless you are into new outfits... she'll be back!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I also sometimes just don't feel like dressing. But I couldn't give up dressing for good, I've tried. For me it is just a part of me that I can't turn off.

Hello Jay Cee!
    Yes, I have purchased a new outfit, and still looked like a guy in a dress. What a disappointment. I then get rid of the outfit and wear one that I know looks good. However, the idea that you have placed, why do this if you can't look like we are trying to, is true. I have thought that if I can't look like a decent woman why bother. I always end up buying a new outfit and starting over. Life would be easier without all of this!
    Charlie

Hi Jay Cee, Interesting question.

By now you've probably read that everyone has there own level of CD'ing. We each have our own comfort zone.

You've been lucky enough to have to opportunity to go 'all-out' whenever you want? You've binged girl Lucky you, but would you want your favourite meal every day for a month? Sometimes it's the abstinence that heightens the pleasure...

Zoe

I got a -40 on the COGIATI and it said this:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Not sure I agree with it as I primarily identify as a male and just like to cross dress because it feels good or feels right. Don't get me wrong, when I cross dress, I go all out, get into character and try to look/sound/act like a genetic woman, but I identify as a male and I like having a penis.

I don't know how to explain it but, it just feels right or good when I cross dress. Sometime I do it for kink but thats not the primary reason I do it. I do enjoy dolling myself up (even though it take some prep time) its just fun, exciting and feels right and thats why I do it

I try to dress as much as i can but its hard to totally dress, takes a lot of time to dress and takes a lot of time to clean up. Always worried going to leave something behind.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnsheila View Post
    I got a -40 on the COGIATI and it said this:
    COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

Not sure I agree with it as I primarily identify as a male and just like to cross dress because it feels good or feels right. Don't get me wrong, when I cross dress, I go all out, get into character and try to look/sound/act like a genetic woman, but I identify as a male and I like having a penis.

I don't know how to explain it but, it just feels right or good when I cross dress. Sometime I do it for kink but thats not the primary reason I do it. I do enjoy dolling myself up (even though it take some prep time) its just fun, exciting and feels right and thats why I do it

Maybe Shawn, the test isn't too far off base. You see, I got the EXACT same score as you- and I feel the same way as you. I like having a penis, and it feels "right" wearing female clothes. I think the explanation for us is just too complex for any particular test. One thing that I'm learning- I feel better about myself each day. And by communicating with others like myself(Here for example) really makes me feel "normal." Don't worry-be happy! Actually people like us truly are lucky!

I also was scored as Androgyne, I did that test a few years ago and got a similar result, and I think it's a fairly accurate one for me, and it explains why I like dressing the way I do, which is somewhere between boy and girl. I think that I'm slightly more "male" mentally, but not by much and that my girl side is definitely strong. I feel like I've really made an effort in the last few years especially to stop thinking of it as two distinct sides of myself though and instead just this blend is a part of my overall personality.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Polly, You are right " 'IT' makes the decision for you and just complicates your life..." Life would be so much easier with out this need, but on the other hand< like so many others, I would never seek a cure, it's to big a part of me to give up, not sure I would know myself without it.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliemckay View Post
    Mine:

Your COGIATI result value is: 155 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL
    Ebbs and flows is probably the best way to describe my desire to dress. What I am trying to figure out is why, after 30+ years of having these feelings my desire to dress went through the roof and I actually did it??? Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? It is funny because I had tons of opportunity to dress when I was younger (single, own apartment, etc) and now I have almost no opportunity. Seems like a cruel joke.

I'm trying to get my arms around all of this and had never heard of this COGIATI test, and frankly, was a little scared of what it would tell me. I just took it and came up with a -230, "Feminine Male." I would guess this is probably close to accurate but I have to question the validity of the test. The questions just seemed a little too obvious (and stereotyping at times). Reminded me of a test I once took for a military program I was applying for:

On a given afternoon, you would rather:
    a) Pick daisies.
    b) Write poetry.
    c) Read subversive literature.
    d) Blow sh*t up.

Wonder what the "correct" answer is???

Debby

Classic Lingerie Lover
    I too am a very senior hetero crossdresser. I sure can't look like a woman. I certainly don't know what a GG feels like. I have no desire to go out or try to "pass". I definitely don't consider dressing "a bother". I do know I don't want to be "cured" and sincerely ENJOY HELL out of dressing in FEMALE CLOTHES. And I'm with Karren. Dresses and skirts only. NO JEANS OR SLACKS!

Love the feeling,
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]