Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever wonder "why bother CD'ing"?

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar

Ever wonder "why bother CD'ing"?

When I first came out to my gf in mid 2010, and started actively crossdressing, I was in heaven. Went all out, and bought clothes, makeup, some shoes, pantyhose and lingerie.

I painted my nails, got dressed up frequently, and even worked up the nerve to venture out once (albeit on Hallowe'en night ). I suppose I was in the much mentioned pink fog.

A few months later, it's pretty different. I still wear girly stuff to bed, I keep my toenails painted, and do fairly regular body hair removal. Girl jeans have replaced my old guy jeans.

But the desire to look like a woman has passed, in a sense. I feel that if I can't be a woman, then why bother trying to look like one? That seems to be the prevalent theme in my head, as far as crossdressing is concerned. No, it isn't in my head all the time, but almost every time I see a lovely woman, I usually wonder what it would like to be her.

I'll toss this in too, in case anyone is wondering: If I am a TS, I don't think I am a "traditional" one (ie: known since the age of ~5). Sorry if that is stereotyping.

Has anyone here experienced anything similar? If so, how did you deal with it?

That question for me falls between "why bother to breath" and "why bother to eat".... Answer... I have to... I'm not trying to be a woman.... And most of the time I don't look like one either.... I just enjoy wearing their stuff! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I can only reply from the view of a part time cder. I think we need a break from cding every once in a while. I am usually happy when I am cding, but it can be a lot of work at times. I just don"t want to do it all the time. Also, I am happy for the most part, in my male life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
    When I first came out to my gf in mid 2010, and started actively crossdressing, I was in heaven. Went all out, and bought clothes, makeup, some shoes, pantyhose and lingerie.

I painted my nails, got dressed up frequently, and even worked up the nerve to venture out once (albeit on Hallowe'en night ). I suppose I was in the much mentioned pink fog.

A few months later, it's pretty different. I still wear girly stuff to bed, I keep my toenails painted, and do fairly regular body hair removal. Girl jeans have replaced my old guy jeans.

But the desire to look like a woman has passed, in a sense. I feel that if I can't be a woman, then why bother trying to look like one? That seems to be the prevalent theme in my head, as far as crossdressing is concerned. No, it isn't in my head all the time, but almost every time I see a lovely woman, I usually wonder what it would like to be her.

I'll toss this in too, in case anyone is wondering: If I am a TS, I don't think I am a "traditional" one (ie: known since the age of ~5). Sorry if that is stereotyping.

Has anyone here experienced anything similar? If so, how did you deal with it?
    A lot of "us gurls" go through times of ebb and flow with CDing. Just like GGs, sometimes I don't want to be all pretty an sometimes I do.

If I had an accepting SO, I would dress 16/5. It would seem kind of silly putting on a chiffon gown and watching sports center

Why bother indeed, stop, don't wear anything feminine, get the polish off your toes, and man up! Now just wait and see how long it takes before you know why we bother. About a month, with out it, and I know why I dress, and it's not really a choice for me.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That question for me falls between "why bother to breath" and "why bother to eat".... Answer... I have to... I'm not trying to be a woman.... And most of the time I don't look like one either.... I just enjoy wearing their stuff! Lol
    I'm not wearing their stuff - it's all mine and I love it.

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    I go through long periods when I feel that crossdressing is basically an expensive, time-consuming hobby that isolates me socially and gets in the way of other things I'd rather be doing.

There's no wondering for me.

I have taken the COGIATI test and I scored 140 - PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL. My wife has told me that I am more feminine than she is.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-26-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Former Member
    My desire comes and goes. It always has.

I'm strictly a crossdresser. I have no desire to be a woman, even though I REALLY like to wear womens clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post

I have taken the COGIATI test and I scored 140 - PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL. My wife has told me that I am more feminine than she is.

John
    Mine:

Your COGIATI result value is: 155 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

woman are attractive to me... all the things they do... shaving .. makeup etc..... in the dawn of time those things existed before one gender claimed them.... cd ing is beneneficial... its makes me balance... stand better.. slow down.. think.. look.... breathe.... it may be in my nature.. but i like the rebellion of social convention.... my own distortion is equalized..

For me I sometimes have wondered why bother, it's unusual and attracts some negative attention so why do it if I can choose not to? Well because whenever I see a girl in an outfit l like I think about how I'd look in it or how I could approximate a similar version that works on me better. It's not about wanting to look like a woman for me at all, in fact I don't care about that at all. I bother because I feel best when I'm wearing these clothes, and there's no doubt in my mind I'm happier now than I have been in a long time, because I'm wearing what I want and by extension being who I want to be.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I think that each of us has their level of dressing and presenting, or not, as a female. Maybe you have reached yours. I would recommend that you just go with the flow and see what happens. Don't wait for it or wonder, just live life as you like and if the urge arises go for it, slowly is better than diving back in, and see where it takes you. As others have said here, the urges and necessities, as well as the opportunities come and go. Don't fret about it, enjoy it and the rest of your life.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 12-23-2010 at 10:00 PM.

yeah.. its not a job... its fun

Life is like a box of..
    It is fun and it is also a thing I can not stop either as many of us have tried again and again to end the need. I know I am wired different and thats just the end of story. As stated take it off throw it away and kudos to you if you can end it but for me its like "bills" they always come back!

My results on the COGIATI (http://transsexual.org/cogiati/index.php?lang=en)
    Your COGIATI result value is: 165 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL
    To the post on this is usless info maybe but it was fun to take it.. there are many useless things in this world.. thats what makes it interesting!
    Last edited by Zoie; 12-23-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces.
    Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”
    -Ashley Smith

Silver Member
    I think the best thing that happened to me regarding my cross dressing was when I stopped questioning "why" and just went with it for the joy it gives me

It's not a bother. Just a way of experiencing who I am. Good question though!

ChanDelle

itsa quest for freedom

Quote Originally Posted by JohannaH View Post
    John
    Sorry, but that Cogiati test is basically useless. Doesn't really prove anything.

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    For each of us the reasons are different. For me, I've never wanted to be a woman. Yet there is this unending desire, drive, instinct or whatever someone calls it, that dictates I express my feminine side by dressing as a woman. Hugs Becky

To me it's no bother at all
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I also and not trying to "BE" a woman. I can't "BE" a woman...but...I can be feminine. A part of me IS that feminine person we have named Tina. I spend my time learning who she is. She is important to me because she is a part of me. There are times when I talk about her. There are times when I work to learn how to help her speak, think, act, and dress. I take care of the body that we share so Tina can make an appearance and be comfortable with this body.

And then there are the times the Tina makes an appearance. Those are the times where she lives her life, does the things that interest her, and watches those goofy chick-flicks with my wife. Ugh.

It's all a balance, and each of us has a different balance point, and that point inevitably changes with time and experience.

Be yourself. Enjoy both of your genders. It is a gift, even if the rest of society hasn't quite caught on to that point yet

Ditto what Karen H has to say!!!

Gold Member
    I will through in with Karren and the others; I just like to ware womans clothes,
    Especially bra's and anything Satan. And No, I do not want to be a woman, I
    have been a male to long to start to learn how to be a woman now. LOL Rader

Hello to all new here
    for me i cant resist the feelings i get while dressed..