Thread: Dressed to work (sorta)

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar

Wink Dressed to work (sorta)

Last year I worked through our Christmas break, and each of those days, I dressed in a skirt or dress in my office with the door shut. This week, I will probably be doing the same. Anticipating that, I got inspired (or stubborn) and challenged myself to wear a skirt or dress in to and back out of my office each day this week, changing to my regular (stealth) clothes during the work period itself, but having that skirt or dress on in the halls on the way in and out.

I will be taking Friday off for some family time, but so far (Thurs afternoon) I have managed to keep up to my self-challenge.

It has not always been easy. The first skirt I wore was so long that when I pulled it up like a tube dress, it was still down to my ankles, so I had to gather it up under my long coat and hold it up by a hand in my pocket, including while I was in the elevator with two other people.

Some of the other days, the people in the house (who do not know) just happened to be close to the door while I was trying to go out, including one of them being unusually inquisitive while I was in the basement selecting my clothes. I ended up having to take that skirt outside in my bag and put it on there.

Today I missed my bus (might not have if I hadn't gone down to put on the skirt), so I came back in (still wearing the skirt) to call a taxi. While I was doing that, my wife (who has the day off) decided to offer me a drive, and came down to talk to me. She looked at me, saw my pattened brown tights under my long coat, and asked me, "Are you wearing a skirt?", and proceeded to pull up the flap of my coat to check. She wanted to know why I was wearing a skirt when I was just going to work, and "I feel like wearing it" was not enough to clear up the confusion. She doesn't understand The Urge. Fortunately the taxi arrived so I didn't have to explain (especially with two other people in hearing distance...)

Leaving work has been fine each of the days; it has just been getting out the door at home that has been a challenge.

Anyhow, I'm pleased that I have done this. Before I have taken care to stop short of work and change (e.g., nearby department store); this gives me a bit more confidence.

And if you are wondering: Yes, I would dress at work if I didn't think it would affect my continued employment. I don't think the dressing in itself would be a real issue where I work: rather, I suspect that the local boss would hold a grudge against me for "needlessly" disrupting the workplace for the 1/2 hour or whatever that it took people to absorb the idea and settle down again.

It would be very nice to get to dress freely and go to work. I have volunteered once dressed up. I think that I could volunteer at a political headquarters near a big election or something like that. I have dressed for work one Halloween. That was a really fun experience!

Today Im wearing a black wonderbra, Black New york Jones thong and Black aristoc ultra shine pantyhose under my work clothes. Love the feeling.