Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Religion Plus CDing:Does it work for you?

-sure- like my PVC Nun costume... "old habit's" realy... xx"K"
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

I cannot possibly accept the idea that whatever entity (or entities?) that set this unimaginably complex universe into motion would ever spend one quadrillionth of an picosecond concerned with whether or not some members of the dominant species on this particular planet wear a certain configuration of various organic substance arranged on their bodies.
    I believe that the very idea is not only infinitely ludicrous, but demonstrates an absolute and total lack of realization of just how far beyond our pitifully limited understanding that 'creating entity', aka "God," actually is.

Or to put it in slightly more 'traditional' terms: The all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful God of Creation cannot possibly be concerned with what we mere mortals put, or do not put, on our bodies. To suggest that is to belittle God. To have the incredible hubris to imagine that our petit, utterly inconsequential concerns with clothing are important enough to merit the attention of the Creator of the Universe is to insult that Creator.

Next!
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    All I know Know is , I go out in the morning, I walk through the grass, wet with dew, see the green of the trees & grass, feel the Sun on me, sit and smell the fresh air, look at the rabbits and squirrels that come to me for their daily "morning feed" with me, in my yard, before I go to work. --- In the winter, on Christmas night, at midnight, I walk out into the deep snow. I stop in my yard, and look at what the full moon has done to the hard, crusted snow in my yard. --- It has turned my yard into a landscape of beautiful blue-white diamonds! ---What a beautiful sight! - (Elizebeth Taylor could not hope to have more diamonds, than I have at this moment!) ---- Everything about us, is truely, a work of God! --- The squirrels and the rabbits do not care that I might walk to them in a set of 4 inch heels! --- Or, brogans, for that matter! ---When I open my eyes in the morning, and wake up, - to me, that is an act of God! --- I am alive for 1 more day! -- I see Gods works in all my activitys, both good, - and bad! Pity the poor Athiest! - He thinks he/she will have nothing more than blackness to look forward to when they die. --- Pity the rich man, ---who, involved with his money so much, that he/she does not appreciate what is around them, and where it came from! ----And all the others, that don't believe, or understand. ----------- Now, -- I was born and raised Catholic, -Old school, from the 1940s, and brought up in the traditional way, at that time. I was sent to the Catholic academys, Sunday school, etc. ----Long ago, I got away from the church. I will tell you how long ago; ---When the church started having masses in english, instead of latin! ---Thats how long!!! ---I have made my peace with God, since my two life friends passed. I do NOT need a building to worship in, filled with hypocrites. Some do. Not me! -- I am at peace, with the one that is called, "God"! --- I love God! --- I walk among Gods Wonders, every day! --- God does NOT care how I dress!
    Last edited by Sweet Jeanette; 09-18-2005 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Just a bit more info
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mirragea
    I would say that I don't have a particular allegiance with any organized religion but try to be spiritual(pondering on our existence).At times I feel agnostic and sometimes atheist maybe even a little new age.But Now I mostly draw more questions than answers from many faiths.Since CDing is now a recognized part of my life I'm lead to wonder how others CD/TG lifestyle blends with religion? Are they in conflict?Have you chosen another path to resovle it?Maybe even CDing has opened you up to be more spiritual ?Perhaps you just said "ahhh screw it !""This is it!"

[size=3]Did you have a spiritual compromise or did it die?The killer......Crossdressing:think:[/size]

thanx 4 readin
    Sorry does not work for me at all, but it is good that it can give comfort, shame it causes most global conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren T
    I cannot possibly accept the idea that whatever entity (or entities?) that set this unimaginably complex universe into motion would ever spend one quadrillionth of an picosecond concerned with whether or not some members of the dominant species on this particular planet wear a certain configuration of various organic substance arranged on their bodies.
    I believe that the very idea is not only infinitely ludicrous, but demonstrates an absolute and total lack of realization of just how far beyond our pitifully limited understanding that 'creating entity', aka "God," actually is.

Or to put it in slightly more 'traditional' terms: The all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful God of Creation cannot possibly be concerned with what we mere mortals put, or do not put, on our bodies. To suggest that is to belittle God. To have the incredible hubris to imagine that our petit, utterly inconsequential concerns with clothing are important enough to merit the attention of the Creator of the Universe is to insult that Creator.

Next!
    Thank you for your comment.
    Religions/Faiths throughout the ages have been laced with the idea of a creative entity(entities) interacting with us by controlling/guiding the seemingly minute everyday actions of our life.If the all-knowing,all-seeing,all-powerful God can create the tiniest subatomic partical to a limitless expanding universe then nothing is too small or large to be dealt with.If we are formed by a God then all or our actions in life from xdressing to whatever either belittle or magnify.I'm sure xdressing isn't a big issue compared to war,world hunger,disease...but it is a topic for this population no matter how hubris it may seem.
    Last edited by Mirragea; 09-19-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Cross dressing is an issue for those of us who are Christians

"for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this".

It is there in black and white, but why did the writer put this in?

I am not sure it is the clothes that is the problem.

As it was put earlier, it may well be that God does not care if we wear high heels, skirts etc.

I think it is the ramifications of our actions, and the bond of love that can be broken, not the bond of love between God and us, he will always love us, but the bond of love between people we love and those who love us.

It is heartbreaking to read some of the posts of those where love has been lost forever because of what we do, you may say it is a lack of understanding by the other party, but in a lot of cases, it is the fact that we have been deceitful and have lied about what we do and broken a trust.

To say what we do does not harm anybody is not always true, loved ones can be hurt and that is harm enough.

God does want us to be happy, but not at any cost.

We can be very selfish when we are in the dressing mood, nothing else really matters, except the pleasure it give us.

What of the teacher, who is a paedophile, God also wishes this person to be happy, but at the expense of abusing a child?

An adulterer, to be happy, means destroying a bond of love, not just the husband and wife, but the families and relatives who will all be badly hurt.

The addict, who gets pleasure getting drunk or high, drives his car into a bus stop of children, causing grief and great sadness.

I think the most important thing in life is love for each other and there is nothing more powerful.

I believe that the love of cross dressing should not come before Love of people we care for, and care for us.

For Christians and non-Christians, this is a lovely passage from the bible.

1 Corinthians 13

God Bless

I believe that God does not care what I do as long as my attention is alway on him and I am willing to go through what ever happens in my day to day life with him. If I follow my heart life work out.

Nikki

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    To the best of my knowledge, unless your Jewish, CD'ing isn't breaking and religious rules period. The problem you run into is how people were raised, not everyone is open mind.. God or not. How does it fit in... It's a part of you and me... the way I see it God accepts us for whom we are. Jesus don't care either way... If he don't like your shoes, your going to hell in wooden boots, iron bra, and a poison ivory loin cloth
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Ashe
    To the best of my knowledge, unless your Jewish, CD'ing isn't breaking and religious rules period. The problem you run into is how people were raised, not everyone is open mind.. God or not. How does it fit in... It's a part of you and me... the way I see it God accepts us for whom we are. Jesus don't care either way... If he don't like your shoes, your going to hell in wooden boots, iron bra, and a poison ivory loin cloth
    I dont even Know if it against Jewish law----Crossdressing sems to be THE big thing with young adult men and boys on the "Jewish Halloween" day of "Purim" I even read a story from the jerusalem post from a letter where a mother describes Dressing her sixth grade son as a sexy "kevetch" (Tart) with a miniskirt, lepard spot leotards and high heeled boots and makeup. She was quite proud of her work. I envy the kid

Smile religion plus

The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
    Notice it does not say what type was made for each,they may have been identical?

Since I classify myself as an agnostic, believing that there may be something out there but not knowing if it's what everyone else believes it to be, I have no conflict at all! Maybe it's the engineer, the logical thinker that questions what can't be seen? As Red Green put it, those 3 little words that men find so hard to say! I don't know!!! hehehe I do know what I love to do, dress!!!!!

Luv Karren

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve
    I dont even Know if it against Jewish law----Crossdressing sems to be THE big thing with young adult men and boys on the "Jewish Halloween" day of "Purim"
    I believe Katie Ashe was referring to Deut. 22:5, which is part a number of Old Testament rules that Christians believe were superceded by the New Testament. (I'm an atheist myself, so I'm only relating what I've heard in other discussions.)

Deut. 22:5 has been the subject of a rabbinical discussion about it's intent, which a number of rabbis discounting it as a prohibition against cross-dressing, in part citing the acceptability of cross-dressing during Purim.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Hi.
    I was raised with no particular religious tradition to speak of but did attend a private Lutheran grade school and later two years of Catholic high school before deciding to take my GED and move on to College. At both institutions there were all kinds of people - including those who absolutely loved the idea of a vengeful Abrahamic God and those that did not. I identified with those in the latter group though.
    Can't say CDing was ever brought up in Grade School as the school was quite sheltered even for the late 80s early 90s - my experience seems to jibe with how my parents described grade school in the '50s - so such a subject was simply avoided as too risque.
    Catholic school was much the same way. These topics were avoided. Slightly less fire and brimstone than Lutheran school although one of the jocks there was suspended a day for wearing a dress close to Halloween - the principal acussed him of CDing (which was true).
    I have long thought along the lines of Deist thought that God, Supreme Being, whatever it is if it even exists, is much a much less active agent in human affairs than some think and what people choose to wear is definitely not on His/Its list of priorities if anything is.
    I resented the viewpoint of the "bully pulpit beater" people in Grade School and saw myself as an implacable enemy of organized religion - though not of individual religiosity or expression per se - at quite an early age. My experience with a kind, sophisticated, funny, fair, yet committed Christian female teacher in fifth grade, changed my evaluation of people in organized religion as individuals. I got to know both she and her husband, a Lutheran minister, quite well at the time, as did my family. I still continue to see organized religion as the inspiration for much that is bad in the world but also realize now that religious affiliation is like nationality - there are good people and bad people. There those who truly "live" their beleifs and there are those who pay lip service to them only or use religion to radicalize others, gain power, or embolden frightening causes.
    I don't categorize myself as of any particular beleif although I see alot of good in several traditions - I suppose I identify most strongly with certain elements of Theravada Buddhism but don't see eye-to-eye with every one of its teachings either. Either way what I beleive doesn't affect my CDing and I was fortunate to be raised with common sense morals if not with a set religion.

Thanks All,
    Gunda
    Last edited by Gunda; 09-20-2005 at 01:51 AM.

Hello Girls, I've been away a long time, not gone, just very busy and I finally found the time.
    I believe a lot like Katya and Sexy Nikki do. I have prayed in the morning, with my sexy sandals, panties and peach tank top and said, "Here I am, it's me; all of me", and I smile and turn the day over. When I first was investigating my new gurlie awarenesses, someone said, "As long as you don't hurt yourself or someone else, more power to you". So I am so glad I can share who I am with my Higher Power and it's a wonderful thing; and I know we have a good laugh together as I explore my feminine side with HIM/HER....The Almighty....as Sexy Nikki put it, I don't think He cares and I totally believe that He accepts me based on our relationship together. Yes, Katya, it is wonderful and I too, feel lighter about my life and I'm gaining more confidence as I go along. Thanks Katya and Sexy Nikki for putting so perfect. At least for me. And after all it's about me...JUST KIDDING

Keep smiling GIRLS,
    Joan

GKA

Christianity vs Religion

After reading many of the posts here I think many are confusing religion and christianity. My being a christian comes from my faith in god and his grace which has forgiven my sin. Religion is the format or group you chose to worship with.

My crossdressing caused me a lot of anguish and concern for a long time. I felt it conflicted with my faith. God uses all things for good and has given me the opportunity to witness to several ladies whom I never would have met if I wasn't a crossdresser.

Let's add a new line of thought. During the time most of the scriptures were written everyone wore robes or long flowing garments to facilitate air flow and for personal comfort. It was only later when riding horseback or on other beasts of burden that pants became considered men's attire. One school of thought teaches that women were allowed to ride along with the possesions on beast of burden and fashioned pants and started the trend of wearing them when riding.

My faith in God has seen me through my son's near fatal motorcycle wreck, my daughters cancer, and my mothers unexpected death last year. I hate to think I had no one to turn to for the comfort and support my God and my church gave me while and during her funeral. I rest easy at night knowing that my eternity is assured and I'll spend it rejoicing in Christ.

I don't post a lot because I often feel I have nothing to add to the conversation but I read the posts often. This subject caused me a lot of personal turmoil and I hope I can help someone come to the realization that God made us this way for a purpose. I may not understand it know but I will someday.

Love

RachelB

Hm Seems one of my posts got deleted.I will try again.I was raised in the Episcopal faith.My wife was raised Catholic.At this time in our lives we do not belong to any organized religion.
    I truley believe that God does not hate us for crossdressing,Jesus does not hate us,he loves all of us.I had a long discussion one night with my Born Again brother in law about the church accepting homosexuals,which my church did.All he could do was repeat the Bible passage of Man lying down with Man.Yes,I am familiar with that passage,can't quite remember where it is now.My arguement was that our Savior loves us all as little children and will judge us on far more important things than that on Judgement Day.
    In Native American culture there is what is called Two Spirits meaning that we have both a male and a female spirit within us as CDs.This is the best description I have ever heard.They acknowledge two spirits and honor us.
    There is another thing called Following The Red Road,this is nothing more than The Golden Rule.We all follow the red road,this is not an easy road,there are many temptations and other paths crossing the red road,it is easy to get lost.Yet we try to find our way and continue to follow the red road,it is honorable,we stay on it until we cross the river(die) at which time we join Creator.
    Neither my wife nor I are Native American,we have many friends that are.I am thinking of going to a Native Church in the future.I agree more with their beliefs than I do traditional religeous beliefs as practiced in the world today.There have been too many people killed in the name of religion than all the disease and plagues in this world.I am trying to follow THE RED ROAD.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla