Thread: Does the "old" you look like a stranger in pictures?

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar

Does the "old" you look like a stranger in pictures?

I was looking at some pics of myself from last year, and got to thinking that I don't associate that person with me anymore.

They are from before I started to openly crossdress in front of my gf, and before I shaved pretty much every day, epilated my body hair, and had my ears pierced. Relatively small physical changes, I'd say. Maybe it is more the mindset that I had then, as opposed to how I think now? I am a much more open minded person now, and more in touch with my feelings.

Anyone else encounter this? And anyone else now think that their male self is kind of hot?

P.S.: Seems that my dry sense of humour doesn't translate well into print. No, I don't think I am "hot" as a male. Maybe just reasonably attractive. But not to myself. If you know what I am saying.
    Last edited by Jay Cee; 12-28-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: clarification

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I certainly don't associate myself with the pre-transition pictures of Robert. OTOH, my male self was never hot.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Well, I just viewed pictures taken with other family members at Christmas and thought OMG...do I look like that???? I couldn't wait to get home and change into something much more comfortable and feminine.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

shortly before our house fire several years ago we were going through an old box of photos out in the garage. They were out in the garage so the kids would never see them as they were for the most part of my wife and I doing things (vacations, trips, etc) back when I was living full time as a woman and before the first born. Several stick in my mind: a photo my wife took of me on the beach in Corpus Christi the summer of 82...black string bikini top with a little "string" skirt and pretty much everything on display. Try explaining to your kids a photo of you as a woman, "stacked" (with real flesh) and only weighing around 125-130 pounds. Another was of us at a company Christmas party that same year... formal photo much like you'd see at a prom...which is exactly the type of dresses we were both wearing with mine a dark chocolate strapless number and hers an emerald green with empire waist...ahh the 80's. Another was a photo I don't remember where from but my wife and I were in a lip-lock and our hairs were a bit tusselled...so I'm guessing it must of been a new years party. I REALLY can't believe I ever looked like that...miss it too sometimes...

Jenn

Interesting... I have recently being looking at a timeline of photos, but just from May 2009, when I had finally decided to take it seriously rather than just accepting it. The trigger was probably a desire to go out.. and to do that I needed to get my act together. I was also very well aware of the fact that I am getting old and my time is running out!

I have seen some difference since then but not a great deal... maybe some refinement?

IMG_3077d.jpgIMG_2158e.jpg

(Whoops! May have broken rules here... death by Dementor!)

However, prior to 2009 is a different story!

Is my guy side hot? I never took a good photo and me (in guy mode) in a mirror is not something I relish. No... I don't think I'm hot!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
    I was looking at some pics of myself from last year, and got to thinking that I don't associate that person with me anymore.

They are from before I started to openly crossdress in front of my gf, and before I shaved pretty much every day, epilated my body hair, and had my ears pierced. Relatively small physical changes, I'd say. Maybe it is more the mindset that I had then, as opposed to how I think now? I am a much more open minded person now, and more in touch with my feelings.

Anyone else encounter this? And anyone else now think that their male self is kind of hot?
    My male self hot???? Ewwww . I don't look feel I look correct unless I am dressed as Karin. When I do see my self as a man I tend to feel somewhat depressed.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Not so much a stranger but looking back 7 years I was fat, old, grey, and out of shape that's for sure... Thank god for ice hockey and hair color! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-28-2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My male self being hot? ..The last thing I think of...Being transgendered,I'm more focused on the female aspect of things.Ive never thought of my male self to be the person I am.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Some of my lady friends, who don't know I crossdress, think that I look "hot" as a male! But they want a Boyfriend, not just a male friend!! And I already have a girlfriend!! Since I no longer wear makeup or a wig, I have no pictures to compare. I think I was a pretty good looking woman years ago, when my late wife did my makeup and fixed my wig!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Yes, they DO, JC!

But, so do my CURRENT PICS! Because, that's the way I LIKE THEM!

My "male self hot"?

( Good one, JC!) Even Sherry refuses to be seen with him!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I too done this today actually. And was like wow so much of a difference, weight loss, makeup refinements, wardrobe improvements, and hair growth is an amazing task for sure. I love the new me.

Gold Member
    Maybe hot when I was like 20 and in real good shape. the photos of myself just a few years ago look like hell.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member
    I don't see a stranger, but I am happy that I no longer have that ugly permanent 5 o'clock shadow anymore. Otherwise, I haven't changed much over the years.

I never considered myself hot, or even attractive as a man... presentable, average, but not sexually attractive. I don't think I am all that attractive as a woman either (other than to myself.)

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Not too much difference with me from last years photos, going about 2-3 years back there were differences in my make up and dressing style which were still on a big learning curve and I needed lots of improvement. Pictures from about 5 years ago compared to now. I look like 2 completely different people which goes for my male and fem pics. They could also be used in weight loss info mercials at 3:00 A.M. before and after pictures.

I do consider my male version hot, and having a great bod in a geeky, nerdy kind of way.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

My avatar is about 14 years old, since then I have put on 80 lbs, gone from a size 12 to a 2X, If someone that knows me today, sees my avatar they would never know it's me. But for the new year I plan on trying to get back some of that look, the diet starts next week!
    Tina B.

Gold Member
    Since I have been doing this more in the short term (about 7 years), I have been in the change mode. If I went back, I had a beard, was much heavier, short hair, body hair, and absolutely no style. So I have changed a lot, but not really unexpected given I have been "finding" myself.

I disappear as a male. To me I look like a featureless blob. I can't stand to see myself in drab. I'm certainly far from satisfied with my female presentation, but when I see myself en femme I recognize that lady, and I look and feel years younger than I am. It's a real motivator to drop a few dress sizes.

Lallie
    Time for a change.