Thread: Soft and warm clothing or rough and tough and good enough?

Soft and warm clothing or rough and tough and good enough?

Coldish weather covers most of the country.In boy mode[for some of us]it is the norm to wear just enough to get by as we go about our outdoor work..it is male to show you are tough and cold doesn't bother you and you are so busy "getting it all done" that abusing yourself to do it is normal. On the other side of life,I get to dress warm and snuggly and take special care of myself and take what time it takes to do it right,etc AND BE ABLE TO SAY "IT'S COLD OUT". I much rather wear my warm girl clothes out and about than the only warmth I get in boy mode is shrugging it off [the temp] AND GETTING IT DONE AT ALL COSTS! I will take being a girl in cold weather anytime!

You and I are in the same boat. Even though I'm from NJ (kinda) it's cold for us here in FL. I got to 28 tonight. How cold is it in Lauderdale? Thank goodness pantyhose is acceptable to most as a layer.
    ...just your average 30 something trying to find the woman inside me and let her out to play for a bit ...

In boy mode, I dress to be warm in the winter. Lots of layers (including leggings), knits, down coats, etc. I absolutely hate to be cold.

In girl mode, I voluntarily put up with just a single layer of sheer stockings and the breeze blowing up my skirt.

How's that for inconsistency?

- Diane

Cold is Cold I dress worm in guy mode. I do dislike the cold.
    Angie

Here on the coast of California, it's never to cold for a skirt, or to hot for a wig. I love this place for dressing year round.
    Tina B.

I'm with Ami, pantyhose makes a great layer in cold conditions.

I don't know where you live but being home in Ohio for the holidays, I see plenty of guys around here getting bundled up for the winter. In fact I think it goes the other way around, I see guys layering up with carharts and overalls and functional cold weather things, where as I see women (ok, usually "girls" and not smarter, wiser women.) wearing less layers than they probably should sometimes in an effort to look "cute."
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    I don't know where you live but being home in Ohio for the holidays, I see plenty of guys around here getting bundled up for the winter. In fact I think it goes the other way around, I see guys layering up with carharts and overalls and functional cold weather things, where as I see women (ok, usually "girls" and not smarter, wiser women.) wearing less layers than they probably should sometimes in an effort to look "cute."
    I guess I still live in a small town, because I see plenty of women (majority) who wear carharts and camo. Very few women try to be cute here. Maybe I'm trying to compensate???

Quote Originally Posted by VanessaVW View Post
    I guess I still live in a small town, because I see plenty of women (majority) who wear carharts and camo. Very few women try to be cute here. Maybe I'm trying to compensate???
    There's plenty of that here too. That's why I specified "girls" VS "women."
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I've generally dressed warmly in the cold. One walkabout wearing a skirt on a freezing cold night taught me not to do that again, no matter how good my legs may or may not look.

Now that I crossdress, I do make sure that I keep my face covered in the bitter cold, no matter what mode I am out in. Don't want to wreck my skin, and end up having to use more makeup. That stuff can get pretty expensive.

Down to 10 degrees I will wear tights or thigh highs.... Enfemme.... Below that its slacks and break out the pink Under Armour.... Staying warm is nice but looking good doing it is nicer... More nice... Better...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't know if it's only in Wisconsin but I see a lot of crazy macho guys wearing shorts with a parka in December around these parts. I've never been a cold weather person although I've lived in this tundra all my life and working in the building trades, spent a good deal of time outdoors in all kinds of weather, just to get the job done. That said, I prefer to bundle up no matter if I'm in male or femme mode. I have plenty of nice warm sweaters, slacks, and long skirts to keep me cozy on those fridgid days and nights.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

in the summer in S,F all the tourists are bundled up and the locals are in shorts. as in sleeves and shorts. and sandles.
    it can be much colder in the summer (low 50's) than in the winter (mid 60's) due to fog and wind chill. (wet cold air).

but just go a short number of blocks and it will be in the high 80's+. sf bay area is a weird place to live.

california, you can snow ski in the am, have breakfast, then drive and water ski then have lunch, then drive and surf on the pacific, and have dinner ALL in one day (sunrise to sunset). we have the highest and lowest places in the lower 48 states, and you can see them from each other. land of many things including fruits and nuts, grains, etc. and some of the best beers and wine on the planet. major city's stretching for many clicks to little burgs that if you trip you would be out of town.

o and as for the cold i work in a freezer. but i hate to be cold. layer me up.

Loni

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I bundle up in any mode I went out to shovel yesterday (en homme) and the first item I put on was pantyhose...it is so much warmer that way! On the other hand, when if first got really cold here all the guys were in warm clothes and the girls were in mini skirts with no stockings. Clearly they were making a statement I think this is all about individual situations but being cold has never been high on my agenda. Hose and leggings for me en femme

tina

When dressed as male and it's very cold, I'll wear layers to be warm - body stocking or holdups in addition to the norm. For NYE it'll be stockings, short skirt, and a corset. The only cold concession will be a scarf.

I don't care if it is not the macho thing, but I hate being cold. I wear something comfy, and warm. Body suit, leg warmers, thigh highs, etc.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My wife is the exception she just will not wear a coat even in the coldest weather whereas I will be layered up thermals the lot,and I was postman for twelve years but yes when sophie is out in the cold ive shivered in short skirts,bare legged etc all in the cause of crossdressing LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Isn't it masculine to shrug off the cold and feminine to make the effort to bundle up??Men have to "get it done and bring home the bacon" but women get to take the time to do it comfortably...I will take the girl way at this point.lol