Thread: When will someone invent a nail varnish that doesn't stink the house out?

When will someone invent a nail varnish that doesn't stink the house out?

Hi Girls,

Was painting my nails last night and as usual the house stunk for a while afterwards. Now its not a big problem for me as I live alone but for all you girls who are in the closet and not "out" to girlfriends, wifes etc this must be a big problem.

So when is someone going to invent a non whiffy nail varnish?

Gemma xx

I agree Gemma. I would always get scared before my wife knew fully about me that she would smell nail polish when she got home.

Pixie Hollow's Vixen Katie Ashe's Avatar
    I do agree some stink more than others, Sit out on the porch and do them... or be a real GG and do it while your driving and talking on the phone .... just kiding there.
    Invent one, I'm sure it'll sell here.
    DK Productions LLC, Giving back to the Rainbow Community. Need a DJ, Every Song Has a Story, We Make The Memory

Hate to say it, girlses, but it ain't gonna happen for a while yet...

The laws of nature being what they are, in order for NP to be what it is and to what it does requires that it be made of what it's made of, can't get around it - so far. There's stuff that could work, but it's either waaay too expensive, or it's dangerous, or some other shortcoming that makes it impractical.

Someday soon, hopefully, advances in plastics will result in a cheap nontoxic liquid acrylic pigment that is durable and easy to work with and remove. But until then... sorry
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Well, I HAVE used artists water based acrylic paints in a pinch---they hardly smell at all and dry fast, but scratch off too easy. I solved that by painting over them with CLEAR polish---the result is almost as good as the real thing---But then threres the smell of the clear polish---but that stuff is safe for guys to have around the house--as it can be used to coat polished brass, fix china, etc. One use I have for it is to coat the back of my wristwatch so the metal dosent cause a skin rash.

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar

I know the answer.......

L'Oreal do a nail polish called 'Strip Tease'......it's peelable, and stays on for just one day.....it doesn't smell, it doesn't need smelly polish remover to get rid of it, it doesn't stain your nails, and it peels easily off the skin (if like me, you can't seem to paint just your nails !!!) It peels off inone go too.

My mother-in-law bought it for my wife and I pinched it as my need was greater than hers...

Only problem is, neither of us know where she got it (in UK), but you might find it.....it is out there !!!

Good hunting...

Oh, mine's silver, and its just lush !
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    If the house stinks of nail polish, and the wife walks in and comments; ---Tell her that you got the acyetone out to clean up some model airplane glue on your hands! ---The combination of the 2 smells almost the same!!! ---(acyetone- dry-cleaning fluid), for the "uninformed".
    Last edited by Sweet Jeanette; 09-18-2005 at 03:46 AM. Reason: More info:
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

I personally love the smell of nail polish myself, so...DanaJ, nail junky to the rescue! Here is a polish that
    Acquarella makes nail polish fun and hassle-free. You can change nail color without the dreadful smell of chemicals since it's the world's only truly safe nail polish that is both water-based and non-toxic.
    and here is the link: Acquarella nail polish and remover

I have never used this before, but they claim it has no nail polish odor. And...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jeanette
    If the house stinks of nail polish, and the wife walks in and comments; ---Tell her that you got the acyetone out to clean up some model airplane glue on your hands! ---The combination of the 2 smells almost the same!!! ---(acyetone- dry-cleaning fluid), for the "uninformed".
    Acetone will have no effect on regular model airplane glue, it will, however, dissolve "super glue". Also, Acetone is NOT used for dry cleaning,
    Perchloroethylene (PERC), a potential human carcinogen, is the most commonly used dry cleaning solvent.
    from http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/drycleaning/

DanaJ
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got to agree with Dana J on this. Nail polish has a most beautiful aroma. It does not (repeat not) stink!!!

If you do not want the aroma hanging around the house use a room freshner. But always savour the aroma on your fingers.

Acyetone ---Used to be used for dry cleaning!!!

I'm with Dana. I also love the smell of nail polish. The only thing I don't like is the smell of polish remover--because that means my nails will soon be plain again
    But I also appreciate the hyperlink Dana included in her reply. I think I may try one of those polishes (Acquealla)out of curiosity. And being a Loreal Gal I can't wait to see the "Strip Tease" enamel mentioned in one of the earlier posts on the store shelf.
    Last edited by MarieTS; 09-19-2005 at 12:33 AM.
    Marie

Sometimes demure.... Anne Charlotte's Avatar

Nail polish smell...

I love the smell......absolutely......and

the smell of hair spray..

when I had my own very long and bushy hair, I used to lacquer it almost solid just so I could use gallons of spray. My favourite is Silvikrin....just smells so feminine !
    Live the high life.......wear 5 inch heels !!!

LOL Annie C

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Honestly, my sense of smell must be truly horrible. I don't find the odor of polish or remover overpowering at all. Of course, I only leave them open for a few minutes at a time because I'm such a klutz that I'm always leary of knocking the bottles over.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
    I remember that smell!

I love the smell of Nair in the morning.