Thread: kids and crossdressing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

kids and crossdressing

Let me start of by giving you the dynamic of our very unuseual house hold! I live here with my two boys(Im a single dad). My girlfriend,who I dated for years back in high school and got back together with 3.5 years ago, lives with me, with her two boys.

The other day my youngest came into our room and stumbled accross my long blond locks! He asked, "whos wig is that"? I looked at my G.F. and she looked at me, both of us had some kind of crazy look on our face, and I blurted out "its hers"!!!!

Needless to say, at some point the kids are going to start wondering about the dresses hanging in both closets, wig, and so on. How should I address this with them? I also wear a long skirt around the house which they never question. I have told them that I like wearing skirts because they are comfy! Am I handeling this OK or not?

Gold Member
    That is a tough question. Why don't you sit down with your girl friend and ask
    her what she would like her kids to know about the subject. To me, her answer
    would be a good gage about what to tell your kids about your likes in Dressing.
    Both sets of kids should be on the same page, because if not, they will talk to each
    other about your habits. I would go very slowly, and try to add a bit of ("Lets Keep
    This A Family Secret") for now, unless you are ready for the neighbors or your work
    place to find out about you. Good Luck, and Happy New Year. Rader

I actually have some experience with this very topic. My daughter (step) began asking questions about what I was wearing under my t-shirt, we managed to stave off her curiosity for a couple years by telling her that it was something I wore to be more comfortable. Of course, once she reached puberty, and had to start wearing a bra of her own, her questions began to increase in frequency. We spoke with her father, who has known about my crossdressing since we basically met back in 1995, and he said that if she asked again, we should ask her what she thinks it is, and whether she is right or not, we should tell her the truth, and tell her ALL about my crossdressing. To make a long story short, she brought it up by saying "I think I have figured out what you are wearing under your t-shirts". When I asked her what she thought it was, she said "You're wearing a bra, a ladies bra". SHE took it all quite well, and of course we eventually told her brother as well, but she was the first to learn about it all.

I would recommend making the decision based upon their ages, maturity levels, and whether or not all parents agree (if they all know), that it is okay to tell them. You wouldn't want them to start blabbing around school that "my daddy wears dresses", which can happen if their maturity level is not shall we say "up to par".
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I agree with Kandis when she says "I would recommend making the decision based upon their ages, maturity levels, and whether or not all parents agree".

In my situation, I did, and still do, wear quite a lot of fairly obvious girls clothes in boy mode. When my step son was younger (like 10) I think he just thought I had a weird dress sense. One time he kinda leaned on me and partially hugged me and then stopped and said "you've got something strapped to your shoulder". I just blew it off by changing the subject and he never mentioned it again.

When he got older, like 16, my wife said she once heard him refer to me to his friends as his "gay step dad" (I'm assuming because of the way I dress in boy mode as we get on really well). The when he was about 18 we just decided to tell him straight out. When we did, he said "I kinda thought it was something like that" and we said why? ... and he said "well all those books you have. There's one called My Husband Wears My Clothes and there's another one about someones husband being called Betty"

It's quite surprising just how nonchalant (or broad-minded) kids are today
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

It will all work out as kids lose interest when the newness wears off.My 9 yr old daughter wanted to go out shopping with Rogina before Christmas and was ticked when i wouldn't let her.And the reason for not taking her was that she wasn't ready to pretend that i am Aunt Rogina[her father's sister..lol] in public. So,it is a progression of acceptance from kids and I hope it will help her better accept the differences in others.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    In my case, one day when my girlfriend and I were coming home to her house (I was in femme mode) we were surprised by her teenage son showing up at the same time. The cat was out of the bag, however, he was quite okay with it. At that point we decided to let her daughter know as well. Over time their friends, our friends and our family on both sides have come to know about this side of me. Most have seen me dressed up. It seems that not only children, but most people are fine with it.
    Last edited by melissacd; 12-30-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...