Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As a CD, would you say you're a bit... Skitzophrenic ?

Pink Pink & more Pink <3

As a CD, would you say you're a bit... Skitzophrenic ?

Not in a literal sense, but more metaphorically. Do you find that when dressed, your female form develops her own "personality" and traits, you act differently and it is as though your fem form was a completely different person. Can anyone relate to this feeling.

I think there is a simple answer to this, for me anyway, yes.

SUZY

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    Oh yeah jo is totally different to drab me

Platinum Member
    Nope, I'm the same person regardless of how I'm dressed.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    NO, Stephanie is my feminine self. She is no different than my male self and never has been!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Nope, I'm always me, no matter what I wear. The difference between me in drab and me in girl clothes is no bigger a shift in my personality than "work" me versus "play" me.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I am what I am
    and that's all that I am
    I'm Michelle the girly man

(sung to the tune of popeye the sailor man)

Sorry, on a more serious note yes I am different when in girl mode. Softer personality and more tolerant of BS I think. Less likely to lose my temper.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i wouldnt say it is a different personality,.. but when i do dress fem i find it easier to relax and let that feminine side out.

Gold Member
    Somewhat like what Evildawn said. I am a little more relaxed, so more of me comes out. But it really is just an amplification instead of a different person.

I don't think skitzophrenic is the right word for it. However, I do feel that when Jonelle(me) is acting as a boy. It is like a never ending play. A role I have been forced to play by society. I consider girl mode to be like taking a break, recess, intermission... One of these days I think I will take an extended vacation!!!

Kisses,
    Jonelle

No, I am pretty much the same in both modes. I may be a bit more forward (maybe intrusive in their minds!) in interacting with complete strangers for fun conversations.

I am not schizophrenic...yes I am...no I am not.

Actually I am an actor who plays the part of being a sane male all day long when in fact I am not
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I am not schizophrenic...yes I am...no I am not.

Actually I am an actor who plays the part of being a sane male all day long when in fact I am not
    Just about sums me up too!

But yes... different feelings, emotions, etc...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

the happy camper
    I'm essentially the same, but as Sophie I am more outgoing, and less inhibited. For example, in male mode I have to have a beer or two in order to dance in public. Sophie doesn't need alcohol. She is the alcohol.

A schizophrenic, no. A skirts-o-phrenic, most definately.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

As posted on a previous thread, I am an animal rights vegan in drab, but as a woman I LOVE leather and silk. (no version approves of fur or animal torture. The woman in me seeks out the...dangerous...)

I never thought there was a difference, but my wife says otherwise. My kids also say that if they need something, they wait until I'm in guy mode, as I'm an easier push over than when I'm wearing a skirt. I still don't see a difference, though.

Grace,
    Bobbi

Nope. Not at all... I'm me no mater what clothing I wear... None of this "ohh I'm so girlie when enfemme".... Think that's more wishful thinking than any thing else... After all if only clothes!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

hmmmm...i do find myself in a different role play. For Sure. Hard to expect it otherwise. I find myself less deep, analytic in general in femme. Though with the right circumstance and topics of conversation, i have found my male drive to come out with femme gesture and thinking of how i present it usually very different than how i would in male mode...does that make sense....so i guess YES. and i actually like it more because i am more sensitive to the listener.....

I've thought about this one allot lately and I would have to saw yes physically and no mentally.

I feel that initially Cari was more of charachter and not as much me. Over time she became a part of me, which makes sense because she was me to begin with. I credit dressing with some very positive changes.

As one example; personality wise; I think dressing and taking the charachter out was an excuse to allow myself to be more sensitive and open. It was part of the charachter. That experience openned the door and now I am more sensitive all the time. Its not like I cry over the puppies on TV or anything but dressing helped me make a positive change.

On the other hand I seem to have a trigger somewhere while doing makeup and dressing; my hand gestures change and my weight will shift down causing the different walk ect. Sometimes Ill get dressed and it never comes, very rarely a hand gesture will sneak out when in drab but not the full blown walk ect. (BTW its not clothes related , as you walk different in heels or a skirt; happens in jeans and keds as well) Im playing around trying to find the trigger and think it may be the time doing makeup when the shift happens.

On the personality traits I could see more blending going on over time. On the physical gestures I dont really see it happenning.

I think the personality side was always in me and natural ; but the things I made habit after a watching a fem movement CD are trained.
    Last edited by Cari; 12-30-2010 at 08:37 PM.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    Three words to answer you. Yes Yes Yes.

No. Just different visual versions of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post

Sane or male?
    "We all go a little mad sometimes" - Norman Bates
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 12-30-2010 at 09:12 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Hell no, I still scratch the crotch and drink beer and work in grease and oil no matter what I am wearing. But really I am the direct opposite in female mode. Fashion conscious, color aware and minds my Ps and Qs and freaks out if I break a nail or the mascara smudges my eyelid.

Schizophrenic? No, but I have noticed a distinct "Duality" to my personality. Not in the clinical sense but in a separation of drab and fab. Physically, of course I have totally different mannerisms for the most part. Who couldn't in 4" heels, skirt, fake "Boobs"/falsies/breast forms", wig, makeup, etc. Mentally that duality is not as distinct. I am a bit more sensitive to the world view of women in general but I have always been a bit different than my male friends growing up. I have always connected better with the fairer gender than with males. But my duality has also not been exposed to the outside world yet. Some day I may be able to answer this question better than I have today, errr...tonight....OH, why Ms. Hyde, is that you?

DaniPat
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

I know I am being pedantic, but I feel that I owe it to my beloved and deceased schizophrenic brother to point out that you are referring to a multiple personalities disorder and not schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a far more tragic and devastating disorder in which the individual has psychotic episodes that can include hearing voices, delusions, paranoia, and generally disorganized thinking and speech. No one who has ever watched a loved one suffer through this can ever treat it in a lighthearted manner.

Liz