Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you get facial femization?

Banned Read only
    YES!!! But my g.f. wouldnt approve.

No i would not get facial feminization, never ever. Even if i like to cross the gender-limits as far as possible i am still male. I have never been thinking of surgery, it seems very unhealthy. Even taking hormones seem to me very risky and playing with fire. i am happy with who i am both as male and female and both sides are needed.

I would not need anything very radical to be done with me. My forehead is rounded and I do not have a brow ridge, and my jaw is not broad and square. About the only changes I would want would be a narrower and smaller nose and a chin lift, and I would leave it at that.

I don't have an Adams apple in spite of having a very deep voice and long vocal cords.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-02-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

In a perfect world where I'd have unlimited funds, yes, in a heartbeat.. I'd go all the way.. FFS, SRS, hair transplant, breast implants, etc, etc.. the whole 9 yards and do everything necessary to look like a supermodel.. Oh yes

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I don't think I'd go all out on the FFS, but there are things that I would get done if I had the coin and the time. Face lift, get rid of the excess skin around my chin, reduce the size of my nose, and maybe slightly fuller lips. These are things that (minorly) bother me whether I am in femme or drab mode.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm too old to go for Full FFS, but I'd like to improve my looks just a little. Just enough so I didn't feel like I lost a fight with cement mixer or was only one generation removed from the Neanderthal side of the family.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Becoming a freak of nature!

I agree with the "isolating" factor Reine mentioned when changing your appearence.

I'm currently doing online dating. Looking for a woman age 45 to 60.
    While scrolling thru their pictures, suddenly a pretty 20 something y/o face appeared!
    On careful examination, it turned out her age was 57 and her body looked it! So, do I want to date an older lady with a 27 year old's face? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!

She appeared to be a freak of nature! Probably an extreme face lift? But in any case, WAY TOO CREEPY FOR ME! And remember, I'm a CDing, blowup doll, manikin!

I believe when u perminantly alter your appearance, u will ultimately alienate some of your friends and aquintances. Which means finding new folks, (see; TG friendly), that ACCEPT the new u, or u simply must do with LESS FRIENDS!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-02-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

fierce glamazon
    Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    Reine was just pointing out the "freak of nature aspect" to surgical modifications.I think there are a few ways non surgically that help a face become less gender specific...Getting rid of wrinkles,SLIGHT lip injections,hair removal,skin rejuvanation,all help a whole lot. Put the makeup on,and you are mostly there...certainly good enough..Are you going to change your neck and cut off your man hands as well? Of course not!!You have to make the best of what you already have.Living as a freak of nature could get very lonely.

See I just dont think facial feminization in drab is that freaky. Plenty of (lucky) guys have quite feminine features. I dont think it would make anyone a "freak" more than a nose job or boob job as long as its not taken to michael jackson levels.

Quote Originally Posted by alana_v View Post
    i think i'd like to.
    I second that you really don't need to change a thing. You already have a beautiful face, much more than most GG's out there.

Johanna

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    To answer the OP's simplistic question: If I had the money, time, not in the military, and most of all, approval from the wife, I'd definitely do it!
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

[QUOTE=Starla;2367351]... Unless you look like Abe Vigoda and/or are transitioning to full-time and need to have a more "mainstream" appearance to blend in and not scare dogs and small children, use what God gave you and refine your makeup techniques to make the best of it.
    QUOTE]

I think everyone has their reasons for wanting a change. For most of my younger adult life, I thought I needed the opposite treatment - male facial surgery. It was really tough being 35 years old and still looking like Opie Taylor from the Andy Griffith TV Show or John Boy Walton from the Walton's TV show. Even worse is when people tell you that you look more like John Boy's sister. It was tough gaining respect from people or to have them take you serious. I would have given anything to look more macho back then.

Having said that, I learned to follow Starla's advice and made the best of it. No matter how unfortunate I felt about my appearance, I always reminded myself there were people all over the world that were enduring terrible disfigurements from either birth defects or tragic mishaps. Sure, I think many of us including me would still like to tweak our looks. If granted only one wish though, I would help those in desperate need before myself. As for me today, I am so thankful for wondrous invention of cosmetics. Where would the challenge be if I didn't have to work at creating my feminine appearance?

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Account is closed
    No. I don't need to go under a knife on my face to prove my gender.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    NEVER!! I was born a man, anjd always will be a man! I love to wear feminine clothing, but have no desire at all to be a woman! That is part of the reason why my late wife and I had a happy marriage for almost 50 years! She knew from a time before we married that I crossdressed, but also knew that no matter what I wore I was always a man underneath! The Good Lord willing, that will stay that way until I die!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Humm .... as a part-time crossdresser, it's not really a viable option for money reasons, my wife wouldn't like it, and the fact I'm not full-time. I guess in another world, another time, another place, with more money and if I was full-time, then yeah, I think I'd like to reduce my brow ridge, adjust my nose, and have cheek implants and fuller lips.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    Reine was just pointing out the "freak of nature aspect" to surgical modifications.I think there are a few ways non surgically that help a face become less gender specific...Getting rid of wrinkles,SLIGHT lip injections,hair removal,skin rejuvanation,all help a whole lot.
    I don't know what "freak of nature" means. But, I agree that non-surgical changes can be made as you describe and there are also some minor facial surgeries, but these are not full FFS as stated in the initial post.

FFS involves forehead reconstruction, brow lift, jaw & chin reduction, tracheal shave, and likely a nose job & lip lift as well, perhaps cheekbone reconstruction, and if the individual is older, perhaps also a face lift, neck lift, and neck and chin liposuction in order to stretch the skin over all the newly remodeled bones.

Maybe some people here use the term FFS when they rather mean just making a few minor changes. But when you go to plastic surgeons' sites and look at the work done to transitioning TSs, it is apparent that FFS is much more than this.
    Reine

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    There are things that I have thought about changing. But I dont think I need or even would want many of the full FFS procedures.

I have thought about a nose job to make it smaller, less knobby, and to make my lips fuller and a little better balanced between my nose and chin. Thats pretty much the extent of my primary wish list. If money and time werent a concern, I might consider a tracheal shave, a slight reshape of my chin and some higher cheeks. But I already have slight features for a man. Id basically want to just plump a few things up a bit, and shave a few others down.

Given that, I see too many botched jobs, both on celebrities, and on your average citizen. I am highly reluctant to try anything. Now if celebrities, with all their money and influence cant get a decent job done, what chance have I? Last thing I want to look like is a freak of nature (aka Micheal Jackson). Ive seen too many Hollywood plastic that looked just plain unnatural. Balance that with all the work that didnt turn out as expected (scarring, unbalanced and misshapen) I really dont know how willing I would be, even given the money and time. But thats just me. I have also seen some extraordinary work out there, where one would be hard pressed to tell if something was done, if you hadnt seen the before and after pics. But knowing my luck...

That said. I really dont think its that difficult to live a dual life with feminine features. Ive dealt with it most of my life. The hardest part was when young, and being teased by classmates and bullies. I really havent gotten much flack as Ive gotten older, even with the other things Ive done (plucked brows, long nails, etc) that enhance these features. I think it mostly comes down to attitude.

Thats my two cents.
    Eve

yeah !

in a heartbeat and anything else i could get for good measure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The avvy pic isn't me
    If i were suddenly magically wealthy, i would have alot of work done, but strictly to feminize? No.

For me it would be a matter of tweaking and fixing the nose, some fairly extreme dental work and removing some folds on the eye lids. None of it would be femininization per say, but the end result would deffinitely go along ways to towards being prettier ala femme.

This work would also go along ways towards making my male self happier as well, so no, it wouldn't necessarily have to be about femininizing. Sorry, if that is not in the spirit of the thread.
    Cassie

If I didn't have a strong guy identity, as well as my femme identity, I think I would do everyhting in my power to go down the full route, no holds barred. I am visual and artistic person that seeks perfection.

There was a recent thread about "middle-path" people, and I am one of them. So I guess thus rules me out of the FFS category.

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    If somehow they can have Cindy Crawford hair implanted into my bald scalp, then I will gladly go through the surgery. I also mean hair that will continue to grow and look healthy and beautiful. Other than that, no, unless I was to go full time, which I will never do.
    Last edited by Ediosa; 01-02-2011 at 07:53 PM.

In a New York Minute...................

Only if it was in a computerized fantasy world
    I'm to old n ugly to change the wrapper on this pkg.

I just look in the mirror and look deep into my soul to see my inner self, the problem is I just can't project that image oh well.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Well SRS is usually done only if it is a case of absolutely necessary if it is possible to live without it then do without it. Likewise so is FFS if a person feels that they absolutely must do it and cannot live without it (and have the ability to pay for it) then carefully choose the surgeon and go for it. So many of the things we CD's do is expensive and FFS is just one more case where that is true.

Given the fact that GG's have basically the same types of faces and some do look very masculine I would spend the money learning all the make up tricks that the experts know and use successfully for them.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

You can go here: http://allaboutffs.blogspot.com/2010...alffscouk.html to see what you might look like give various procedures- not advocating anyone get them but they'd give you an idea of how much good it would do. Myself, I'd like to see what makeup, wigs and attitude can do- it's likely about as much as FFS could. That said, there are lots of males I know with very feminine faces. Being CD you notice these things If you were relocating, etc probably nobody would notice but having it done without tons of other life changes would likely be a shock to those who know you.

Quote Originally Posted by lavistaa62 View Post
    You can go here: http://allaboutffs.blogspot.com/2010...alffscouk.html to see what you might look like give various procedures- not advocating anyone get them but they'd give you an idea of how much good it would do. Myself, I'd like to see what makeup, wigs and attitude can do- it's likely about as much as FFS could. That said, there are lots of males I know with very feminine faces. Being CD you notice these things If you were relocating, etc probably nobody would notice but having it done without tons of other life changes would likely be a shock to those who know you.
    I wouldn't trust a graphic designer just going in and altering a photo... you just play with the warp tool and clone stamps and you can make the face look like ANYTHING (really, anything...even a 50 eyed alien). What you can do with photoshop FAR outdistances what you can do with surgery or where our technology is at and the reasonable expectations of surgery.