Thread: Well, I guess THAT section of the building knows about Violet now!

Well, I guess THAT section of the building knows about Violet now!

I got put on BLAST!*

In the library where I work, the Sights and Sounds department is a large room full of racks and wall shelves that store music cd's and dvd's. It's a rectangular room, with doorways right in the middle of the east and west walls, which are the longest walls.

Along the northern wall or, one of the "ends" of the rectangle there is a section of the floor that's elevated about 25 feet, and on this platform there are cubicles and desks, and the people who work up there can turn around and look down at all the patrons and library workers, sort of like a loft apartment.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I want you to understand where she was when she yelled.

A friend of mine that works in this department up on one of those loft cubicles is having a masquerade party next week. I asked her if it was ok for my boss and I to come, since we hadn't RSVP'ed. She said it was ok, but the penalty was we had to bring snacks. Fair enough! I turn to leave for the door in the eastern wall when she leans over the railing and yells down,

"DORIAN!!! YOU'RE COMING AS VIOLET, RIGHT?"

Middle of the day. Workers, Patrons, all looking at ME. I don't blink:

"YES!"

She says, "GOOD! WE'LL BE CHOOSING A QUEEN OF THE MASQUERADE BALL, AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF IT WERE YOU!"

I smile and we wave goodbye. One of the male co-workers, who is a cool older guy into anime, kinda looks at me with an expression like, "whoa."

So yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone in S&S knows about Violet now! lol

Fortunately I'm WELL passed the point where I care!

*[SIZE="1"]For the slang impaired: to "Put someone on blast" means to expose them completely in some way. Expression comes from turning a radio ALL the way up so that everyone can hear it.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Violetgray; 01-04-2011 at 02:11 AM.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    And you know what? I think you're totally and completely fine with it. Good for you, Violet!

Kathi

So Good!!! That is the point at which I finally have began to have freedom. When you've got something hidden everyone knows somethings going on and often think the worst. Staying hidden is terrible.

Hugs and Best Wishes
    Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

If you can manage to be out in most of your life then I think it is great to be proud of it and not care who knows...I bet the whole stage character is a great excuse for people to enjoy it with you. I'm sort of similar with halloween in that people I know sometimes joke with me about it and its all fine...because its just a fun activity I do.
    Chickie

You have nothing to hide now...oh well. :-)

A friend that I used to work with a few years ago called me and asked me to come to her office once. When I got there, she said she had something to ask me- turned out her question was about whether I was a crossdresser or not. She thought that she should mention it to me and that she and a couple of other people knew because one of my managers (who didn't like me at the time) had told her and some others and had shown them some pics of me as Cindy that were on a website. My friend told me that she really didn't care if I dressed or not and told me that the other people that were told about it didn't care either. Of course what they all wondered more was not about me, it was about what he was doing looking around on crossdressing websites anyway. That particular manager had the reputation of being "Mr. Macho" and "the ladies' man".

Those friends have since left the company...and so has the manager. I think there might be only 1 or 2 people in the entire building (1500 employees here) who know about Cindy now.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    You always look awesome so I am sure you will be crowned Queen of the ball. Let us know how you make out.

what fun!

Platinum Member
    I learned a new term today! "Blast" I'm glad everyone is cool with you - probably because you're OK with yourself!

yer it gets to a stage when you don't care who knows about you,that makes life easier though and you no longer have to hid.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    Good for you Violet. Having developed your caberet act as Violet; being "out" at work should be a doddle!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Oh yeah, you eventually do get to a point where you just don't care what people think.
    Too much effort to hide crap all the time.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Sound like your fine with it and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    You have nothing to hide now...oh well. :-)

A friend that I used to work with a few years ago called me and asked me to come to her office once. When I got there, she said she had something to ask me- turned out her question was about whether I was a crossdresser or not. She thought that she should mention it to me and that she and a couple of other people knew because one of my managers (who didn't like me at the time) had told her and some others and had shown them some pics of me as Cindy that were on a website. My friend told me that she really didn't care if I dressed or not and told me that the other people that were told about it didn't care either. Of course what they all wondered more was not about me, it was about what he was doing looking around on crossdressing websites anyway. That particular manager had the reputation of being "Mr. Macho" and "the ladies' man".

Those friends have since left the company...and so has the manager. I think there might be only 1 or 2 people in the entire building (1500 employees here) who know about Cindy now.
    Well, as far as what you experienced is concerned, it sounds to me as if the old adage "Time heals all wounds" applies here. As for that underhanded, sneaky manager- and the fact that he is no longer there - maybe in his case it's "Time wounds all heels" .

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Most,if not all of my nightshift know I dress,and it has had no negative impact on my life,some of my GG workmates have seen my pic and we hope to go out together one night,think becuse they have known me for a while they know im still the same guy i was before they knew about my femme side.

many in my life dont know but it some times works out for the best and even may enrich your relationships with these friends when they know,Good luck for the Queen of the ball,Violet were all rooting for ya!

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Not varing who knows about Vilot is great, if only the SO was cool with the idea and the world would really be great.

Wow, you get to wear a Tiara...in PUBLIC too. Damn that is so kewl. Ensure you have plenty of lippie on with all the kissies you will be giving.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    That's too bad Violet. Where's the excitement in Crossdressing if you don't have to hide it from someone? You mean to tell me you just get to enjoy the process and feelings themselves? Is it possible there is a benefit in not being in the closet?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Cool story