Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and question...

Crossdressing and question...

I read a lot of things on here about people's stories of going out and being passable as a woman and stuff, and it's nice to know some people are accepting.

I ordered my first real outfit the other day, and I'm excited to have done so. Its only a top, a denim miniskirt, and LegAvenue tights, but I'm not wanting to be "passable" as a female, I just like to wear female clothes.

Does this make me any less of a crossdresser, or is this something normal?

Very Normal. It is all good, do what you like. But you might find yourself wanting more down the road. it happens

There are a lot of different reasons that people dress so yours is hard to answer in a simple yes or no format...If you are wearing womans clothing then you are a crossdresser. Welcome to the club.

I did happen to go shopping with one of my friends and his girlfriend who both know about me being like this. To no avail I didn't find anything or was too scared to buy something because they were breathing down my neck and so intent on pressuring me to get something. Under pressure i tend to do the opposite of what people want me to do. I found a couple of good things I wanted but they were like Hawks watching me so much. I know they only wanted me to help, but their mood was so unearthing I couldn't do much.

We are all CD/TG here and there are a myriad of paths each of us take. Some of us prefer a single type of clothing: panties, tights, leotards, lingerie. Some like to wear bra and panties underneath their boy clothes and that's more than enough. Others go all in and transition to living full-time. And the path even forks there, for there are TS who decide to keep the jewels, some who live out in the open as TS and others who go full stealth, few people ever knowing they were born the opposite sex.

I started out at age 10, and really just preferred to wear my mother's stockings and slips underneath my boy clothes. That was enough. I had no interest in wearing make-up or having breasts, I just enjoyed the feeling of nylon and satin against my skin. As I aged, I grew more interested, like have a fully padded bra and matching underwear. By 16, I was pretty convinced I should have been born female. Then at 18, I went out en femme for the first time, and I realized I could deal with being a guy most days, as long as I could become Anna for a few hours every Wednesday night. Then around 20-21, I sort of just stopped. I was promoted to management at my job and started working close to 90 hours a week. There was barely any time for Anna, and I was okay with that. The money was a great distraction. But eventually I had to give it up and move to Georgia.

Since then, I've still yet to completely make up my mind. Some days (like today and the past few weeks) I'd give anything to transition. Other days I'm just happy to be able to express my feminine side. And there are those rare days (about 10 out of the year) where I don't want to be girly at all.

We are unique even amongst ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarieYelton View Post
    We are all CD/TG here and there are a myriad of paths each of us take. Some of us prefer a single type of clothing: panties, tights, leotards, lingerie. Some like to wear bra and panties underneath their boy clothes and that's more than enough. Others go all in and transition to living full-time. And the path even forks there, for there are TS who decide to keep the jewels, some who live out in the open as TS and others who go full stealth, few people ever knowing they were born the opposite sex.

I started out at age 10, and really just preferred to wear my mother's stockings and slips underneath my boy clothes. That was enough. I had no interest in wearing make-up or having breasts, I just enjoyed the feeling of nylon and satin against my skin. As I aged, I grew more interested, like have a fully padded bra and matching underwear. By 16, I was pretty convinced I should have been born female. Then at 18, I went out en femme for the first time, and I realized I could deal with being a guy most days, as long as I could become Anna for a few hours every Wednesday night. Then around 20-21, I sort of just stopped. I was promoted to management at my job and started working close to 90 hours a week. There was barely any time for Anna, and I was okay with that. The money was a great distraction. But eventually I had to give it up and move to Georgia.

Since then, I've still yet to completely make up my mind. Some days (like today and the past few weeks) I'd give anything to transition. Other days I'm just happy to be able to express my feminine side. And there are those rare days (about 10 out of the year) where I don't want to be girly at all.

We are unique even amongst ourselves.
    Well said 8-)
    Coyote
    ==

"When I came out to my father as gay, he was shocked... and so was his boyfriend" - Bi-Polar Bear on Queerduck

http://www.CoyoteRidgeFilms.com/movs/roxie-dog.mov

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyfir View Post
    I did happen to go shopping with one of my friends and his girlfriend who both know about me being like this. To no avail I didn't find anything or was too scared to buy something because they were breathing down my neck and so intent on pressuring me to get something. Under pressure i tend to do the opposite of what people want me to do. I found a couple of good things I wanted but they were like Hawks watching me so much. I know they only wanted me to help, but their mood was so unearthing I couldn't do much.
    Sounds like your tendancy here is a bit counterproductive. Was it your friends or the people around you that caused you pause?

Why not go back and see if you can find one or two of the items you passed on. Perhaps by yourself you won't end up in that Catch-22 situation you described. Remember, your money spends just as well as anyone else's!

I'm not wanting to be "passable" as a female, I just like to wear female clothes. Does this make me any less of a crossdresser, or is this something normal?
    Well Jenny, that was me from the age of 12 to a couple of years ago (when i joined this forum), just happy to dress in the clothes. I remember the first outfit I bought at age 16, denim mini skirt and pink T shirt, similar to you maybe

Quote Originally Posted by jaimecdww View Post
    Very Normal. It is all good, do what you like. But you might find yourself wanting more down the road. it happens
    Yeah, that happened to me after I joined here. Then I learned about make up and wigs and it's been a wonderful ride ever since. Now I regularly get out and about to the shopping malls.

Have fun

Tash

I read a lot of things on here about people's stories of going out and being passable as a woman and stuff, and it's nice to know some people are accepting.

I ordered my first real outfit the other day, and I'm excited to have done so. Its only a top, a denim miniskirt, and LegAvenue tights, but I'm not wanting to be "passable" as a female, I just like to wear female clothes.

Does this make me any less of a crossdresser, or is this something normal?
    I am by no means an "oldtimer" here, but as you continue to read about crossdressers, you will realize that it's a varied bunch. All the way from wearing panties or a bra once in a while to living full time as a female. You can't be "less of a crossdresser".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I think the short answer is "no." You can´t be less of a crossdresser. Just like you can´t be less of a human...you are or you aren´t.

NORMAL UGH!!!! I do not think that anyone is normal. When you do what you are happiest with, no matter if it is full dress out or stocking in a closet. Just be yourself and be HAPPY!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    You are going to find that the word 'normal' elicits some very intense feeling among the members here ! LOL
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Sounds like your tendancy here is a bit counterproductive. Was it your friends or the people around you that caused you pause?

Why not go back and see if you can find one or two of the items you passed on. Perhaps by yourself you won't end up in that Catch-22 situation you described. Remember, your money spends just as well as anyone else's!
    I think that it was the fact that my friends were breathing down my back and so intently wanting me to get something. Like i said, I don't do well under pressure. The people at hot topic loved the fact that I wanted to buy a mini, but I only got a couple minutes to talk with them before my friends actually found me. I think that this is something new to my friends and they just like seeing me excited as I dont get excited much.

Just dress as it suits you, be happy and follow where it takes you. The future is never quite as clear as we tend to think.

When I go out in public (....some of you are going to hate me for saying this) , but I try to dress more like a woman than a crossdresser. This is not as easy as you think.

In my case, I really enjoy the anonimity in a crowded place. It makes me feel like I'm a woman amongst other women.

Women have been immersed in female fashion all their lives, and the way they see clothes as slightly different than through a man's eye. That's not to say that I don't try to dress sexy. Get me to a hip club in a cocktail dress, and I'm quite content.

The reality is everyone crossdresses for different reasons. In my case I am trying to channel the female mindset because I am so fascinated by it. I want to be & do what women do.

I think that it was the fact that my friends were breathing down my back and so intently wanting me to get something. Like i said, I don't do well under pressure. The people at hot topic loved the fact that I wanted to buy a mini, but I only got a couple minutes to talk with them before my friends actually found me. I think that this is something new to my friends and they just like seeing me excited as I dont get excited much.
    The best way to deal with it is to modify the situation so you don't feel pressure. If your friends are the source of that pressure then they aren't being helpful. Concentrate on the positive aspects of your experience, not the negative, and the next experience will be better.

I do think that If I did go alone I might be a little more relaxed and not trying to hide from friends that expect more than can be expected. That way I can kinda do what I want and not try to appease them. One thing was that I asked them to help me pick stuff out and they wanted me to lead the party and go do what I wanted and pick stuff out. Well how was I supposed to do that when I expected to be guided like I had asked and told them many times.
    ~Jennyfir~

You can dress any way you choose and for whatever reason you choose and be as "normal" as any other crossdresser.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

it is hard when you first start to feel comfortable and relaxed while shopping no matter who you are with or even when you are by yourself. Nerves win the first few times then you realize....no one is watching you or really cares. Just relax and enjoy the ride.

You are definitely not unusual for this site at all, no more and certainly no less
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Account is closed
    Totally not normal but in a good way like how being smart is not normal and being gorgeous is not normal. Everybody has to start somewhere.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

It certainly doesn't make you any less a crossdresser, but jamiecdww is right about the possibility of wanting more down the road. When I started I was all, "Panties are good enough for me. Besides, I'd make a terrible woman.", now I regularly go out for coffee or hang around town as Molly without a second thought. So, yeah. Enjoy what you like but keep yourself open to new experiences and your changing feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    When I go out in public (....some of you are going to hate me for saying this) , but I try to dress more like a woman than a crossdresser. This is not as easy as you think.

In my case, I really enjoy the anonimity in a crowded place. It makes me feel like I'm a woman amongst other women.

Women have been immersed in female fashion all their lives, and the way they see clothes as slightly different than through a man's eye. That's not to say that I don't try to dress sexy. Get me to a hip club in a cocktail dress, and I'm quite content.

The reality is everyone crossdresses for different reasons. In my case I am trying to channel the female mindset because I am so fascinated by it. I want to be & do what women do.
    Nathalie said it perfectly. I also go out regularly and when I do I what to pass a just another woman. I always try to dress as I see other woman dressing and just want to appear as one of them. I have begun wearing shorter heel during the daytime hours to be more in line with what most woman are wearing. My makeup is toned down for daytime wear to make me fit in better. I am doing everything I can to fit in and just be one of the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    ... I try to dress more like a woman than a crossdresser. ... It makes me feel like I'm a woman amongst other women. I want to be & do what women do.
    I feel the same way. although I have no chance of passing. Maybe if I were to shave the handlebar, but even then I don't think I could pass. But still I want to feel like a lady, and to dress fashionably and appropriately as a woman of my age and for the occasion.

Yes, I do recognize that this is somewhere between hypocritical and crazy. Fortunately most people accept it with good humor.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I have yet to get up the nerve to go out in public let alone meet others in a public or private forum (group in a private house and change after getting there). I really want to but have yet to muster up the nerve to try make up or a wig. I think I look great from the neck down but fail to see the woman inside me in my face. You are the norm in my opinion
    xoxoxo
    Cathie Pantyhose

Any day is a good day in pantyhose
    cathie1drag@yahoo.com

Im going to say right now that I am MtF transgender. And i have looked around the possibilities of transitioning. I like crossdressing and still appearing male. This just helps me test my nerves in the world and also helps be more prepared when the time actually arises that I do want to transition because I know that I am going to be sooo nervous when I start living full-time en femme.
    ~Jennyfir~