Thread: Funny Bit at the Bank

Funny Bit at the Bank

I had to go into a branch bank today to withdraw some cash. It was one I'm not usually in.

As it happened, I was totally en femme.

I handed the teller the withdrawal slip, slid my card through the reader, and keyed in my PIN.

She said, "I'll have to see some ID since you have ----- [male name]'s card."

She said only the male first name, as if it was likely I had my husband's card by mistake.

So I showed her my driver's license, with my male name on it.

She glanced at it for a sec and, without a tone of shock in her voice, said, "Oh, sorry!" as if she had made an error.

She was friendly, without the slightest sign of a problem or issue, as we completed the transaction.

Now I'm wondering -- was she "sorry" for not thinking that I was a guy? Or was she "sorry" that she hadn't thought that my parents might have given their daughter a somewhat masculine name?
    Last edited by Persephone; 01-06-2011 at 02:44 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

my bet goes to the second option!!!! We, girls, have some masculine names, but that is not a reason to be treated different

I would say thank you for checking. At least she cared who was taking out the money from the account and was checking.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I think her brain froze and she gave you her default answer. She was looking at a woman who showed her a man's id. She wasn't ready for that and didn't know what to say. "I am sorry" is such a great default answer.

She was probably initially shocked and although you didn't see a reaction (good training if you ask me) apologized for her intitial confusion.

Kisses,
    Jonelle

And then there are guys with girls' names. Remember, a boy named Sue?

After I posted the above, I remembered Michael Learned who was the mother on The Waltons. What was her life like growing up? Or does she have moments at the bank now?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    After I posted the above, I remembered Michael Learned who was the mother on The Waltons. What was her life like growing up? Or does she have moments at the bank now?
    Probably has moments at the bank. Along with another actress, Michael Michele.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I'm guessing auto tech/host Stacy David has a similar problem. (I loved the Sgt. Rock project)
    If clothes make the man, I must not be one.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I am definitely from Earth. Somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by Inna
    If you find your self in pain, yet not able to stop the pursuit, rest assured, you are on the right path
    You may call me Dana B

...just sorry she was required to ask.
    Chickie