Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man-bag?

I live in Los Angeles. Most people here carry a bag of some sort.

I just bought one of these to replace a large (and mostly junk-filled) bag:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/ma...ductId=1563871
    http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...ipe-click-tote

And was tempted by this "customizable" model:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...Id=5&uid=76944

(click on the model and it'll take you to the page where you can change the fabrics)

The Classic Lands End Square Rigger is ubiquitous and androgynous!

Chocolate, Black, Navy, Khaki and Herb Green are the current colors. Can't be beat. My first one was in service for more than fifteen years. I still have it, although it's scuffed and no longer passable as a business tool, I still carry it on mall treks and such, either in drab or dressed. Current price is $69.50, but occasionally you can get them on overstock.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    The Classic Lands End Square Rigger is ubiquitous and androgynous!
    That's the bag I'm replacing! It's nice as a "briefcase" for work, but too large, IMO, to carry all the time. My first one lasted about a decade in daily, overstuffed, use before the metal D-rings on the strap literally wore through. As a test of the Lands' End "Guaranteed Period" policy I sent it to them and asked them to replace the D-rings. They sent me a new bag and charged me full price for it! No matter, it is a good bag and I received excellent service from it.

just looking thru duluth trading and they have the fire hose field bag,( man purse) lol

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/...cessor=content
    Last edited by erica12b; 01-24-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Depending on what I have to carry on (laptop or not, on top of the usual stuff), I wear one of these :

As an handbag, large enough to put my gym stuff, a laptop, books, whatever :

This one is very small (to carry the bare minimum : phone, keys, wallet, tissues, a book, a concealer pen, a lipbalm ...) and has a string to be used as a shoulder bag and/or backpack :

They all come from the men's department. I tend to prefer bags made of leather as IMO they look more urban than those made of Nylon/Cordura/Polyamide fabric.
    Last edited by PetiteZoé; 01-24-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Finally got my Timbuk2 "Click!" I think it works well in either mode! Here's a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images

i would rather find a not so pretty purse.as opposed to a laptop case. i did find one at macys last year...but at $90.usd i passed it by.
    i did go look at that web site posted up by kelly dewinter, but the pop-up made me not care for said site. if i want to look into a site i do not like pop-ups in the way.
    and yes i have carried a bag for some time now. i must carry a bunch of junk with me at all times so a bag is a must.

Loni