Thread: It's always sad the day after.

It's always sad the day after.

For the last two months we have had company staying at our house for one reason or another, ( Grandchild being born, Christmas, etc.) , and last night after work was the first time since that I was able to relax. So I did my hair, put on make and a nice dress. After finishing that, I went to the wine cabinet to pour my wife and I our nightly 1/2 glass of wine ( for medicinal purposes of course), and found out we hadn't restocked since all the holiday fiascos. So I putter down to the store and get little. Come back home and we proceed to la tee da the rest of the evening away sitting on the back patio. Very nice holiday closure.
    Then ( and here, finally, is the reason for the post ) this morning I get up and look in the mirror. Good Lord, what a change. Ewwww. I really get depressed when I transform back. As a "society acceptable" male, no make-up etc. I feel so --- shall I say Less Than Optimum or shall I say Unfinished? It's always the same. Once I do myself up I'm reminded of the potential this face has (note: didn't say I ever reach it). It's so sad to know where I really am in daily reality. I can only assume it's the same feeling that some Gg's feel when they look in the mirror before they put on their make-up every day. But... they get to put on make-up. Socially acceptable males have to live with who they are. Good days as well as bad.
    So take heart all you Gg's that feel it's a pain in the tush to "have to" put on make-up every day - at least you have the options.

Platinum Member
    honestly, I'm always a little saddened by what I see in the mirror. Its never quite what I'd wish to see. But, that's reality...gotta make the best of what you have.

I am so with you on that subject Stephanie. I always hate removing my make up, it's a downer. In terms of GG's and make up I have noticed lately that fewer woman are wearing make up or if they are it is minimal. I wish I had facial features that would look more feminine without use of make up but, alas, it does not.

You assume wrong! At least for me, makeup is more like warpaint, but I still think I look good without it.

I was out the other day (dressed) looking at real estate. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and remember thinking, "I look very nice and happy today." I don't ever remember having similar thoughts dressed otherwise. So, yeah, I get it, Stephanie.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Don't feel bad. Have you seen some of those celebrities that are "gorgeous" when they aren't wearing makeup? I swear, I've seen a bunch that need to put on as much as some of us do, just to look remotely decent.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    Don't feel bad. Have you seen some of those celebrities that are "gorgeous" when they aren't wearing makeup? I swear, I've seen a bunch that need to put on as much as some of us do, just to look remotely decent.
    So true ! Lady GaGa look Lady Blah Blah without makeup, although for the most part women in general look great with or without makeup, Make up allows everyone to portray a closer ideal then they would be a ble to otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by cordgrass View Post
    You assume wrong! At least for me, makeup is more like warpaint, but I still think I look good without it.
    Even warpaint can look firece don the right way a la Mel Gibson in Braveheart and to top it off he wore a Kilt !

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I was out the other day (dressed) looking at real estate. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and remember thinking, "I look very nice and happy today." I don't ever remember having similar thoughts dressed otherwise. So, yeah, I get it, Stephanie.
    LOL, I've had those moments
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

It's a downer for me just changing back into my man clothes.

Be happy you can sit on the back patio with a glass of wine. Mine would freeze. (t.i.c. read into that what you will)
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus