For the last year I've been deliberately buying myself smaller guy clothes as even though I'm not out yet I want to wear clothing that is as far removed from loose and baggy male clothing as possible. I used to wear UK size L(arge) shirts and 32-34in waist trousers (nearly always with a belt to keep them up) but now my wardrobe mainly consists of S(mall) shirts and 30in trousers.

Anyway, I've been slacking with my laundry over the festive season and I'm still not quite caught up and today I had to resort to wearing some of these baggy clothes. I put them on without thinking they were my 'old' clothes, more like they were my 'dirty, aged' clothes but after putting them on this weird feeling came over me. It's hard to define, but it felt like I was cross-dressing.

The looseness of the fabric just seemed to set something off inside of me. It didn't feel wrong as such, more a case of '*ahem*, I believe you have opened the wrong set of drawers this morning - you should really go change'. It didn't feel like cross-dressing when I wear girls clothes (though I don't consider that cross-dressing any more) but it defiantly made me sit up and take notice.

I guess I'm further forward than I first thought in preparing to transition - wearing certain male clothes is already starting to push some buttons.