Thread: Going out tonight! Wish me luck!

Going out tonight! Wish me luck!

So tonight, me and a friend are going out to a transgender bar/club in San Francisco called Divas (http://www.divassf.com).

I don't have much in the way of tops - My wardrobe's muchly concentrated in shoes/skirts/legwear. Whoops. I think I've got a pretty good outfit for tonight (long, red, skinny hoodie, girls' light-coloured jeans, and some knee-high boots. Plus boobs and a wig!). But I feel like it's a bit conservative for this place!

Realistically though, it'll be my first time out, and I figure I should try and dress comfortably, and try not to feel self-conscious. I can save a ****tier outfit for next time...

Has anyone here been to this place before? Anyone give me any advice as to what to expect??

Thanks!

Good luck, and let us know how it went.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Good for you! Also good idea to keep low key....I've never been since I haven't been in the Bay Area since 78. Take some pics and post!

Good luck! I've heard of it before and know people that have gone there. Mixed reviews I guess, but I'm betting you are going to have a great time!

Way to go Christina. That was also my first place out. If it gets to be too much for you at Diva's, which it may do, go across the street to the Lush Bar on the corner to sit around and talk. Another busy place tonight will be Martuni's on Market and Octavia. They have the front bar and the back piano bar area with some great singers. Transgenders are more than welcome there, as well as straights, gays, lesbians, tourists and whatever else is out there. Good luck and enjoy.

Good luck and enjoy! Post us some pics, and tell us how the night went!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I have wanted to go there for the longest time. I have been out one time, wow, my life sucks...
    Susan

come out tonight

You're going to a nightclub in JEANS?? & It's a TG club, not like you'll be around young GG's ( though girls I see going into a real nightclub don't wear jeans ). Sounds like you need to get shopping.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    You're going to a nightclub in JEANS?? & It's a TG club, not like you'll be around young GG's ( though girls I see going into a real nightclub don't wear jeans ). Sounds like you need to get shopping.
    I know! I have lots of skirts, but a desperate lack of tops that go with any of them :/
    next time: total skirt fest, unless I can dig up a (good) different outfit in the next hour!

I'm back! No pics this time - I didn't take my camera with me But maybe if I'm feeling up to it later, I might take some

What a great night!! I guess I must be somewhat passable in the dark, since one of the girls there asked me if i was a man or a woman!

The place itself was interesting - a little bit sketchy. I'd never been ogled before - completely new experience, and I was being ogled pretty hardcore! There was one older gentleman with white hair, wearing a stetson, who was sat across the bar staring at me for a good hour! As my friend and I walked up the stairs, a man coming down the other way stopped in his tracks, and watched us ascend! I'm a head turner!! Such a new experience!

I had to borrow a purse from my friend - I'd never considered purses before, and now I feel like I desperately need one!

I changed my outfit at the last minute - kept the long red hoodie, but went with a denim miniskirt and tights instead of jeans - definitely a good move!
    Will definitely be going again! The most random thing though was that there was a little show on the stage, and the *actual* Three Degrees were up there doing one of their songs, with two fabulous looking girls in between them miming along!!!