Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: interesting experience at the gun shop

interesting experience at the gun shop

Saturday my son and ii went to a local gun shop in Kansas city. There was an attractive girl at the counter having a gun accessorized. My first thought was this is my kind of gal. Goodlooking and likes gun. After hanging around the same area for a while I suddenly realized this girl was one of us! We made eye contact several times and exchanged smiles. I wanted to go up to her and say "you go girl " but heeding the advice of others on this site I kept my distance and comments to myself. I was pleased to see how comfortable she was in her skin. Just thought I would share this with everyone. I am so envious of her.

Hmmm...sounds like she was willing to communicate. Me thinks you should've tried a little harder. But I understand. I probably would have started talking about the guns and let it go from there. Once she felt accepted, there'd be no barrier any more. Thanks for the post...

ChanDelle

"Accessorizing your gun" could have a double meaning in this context ...

- Diane

I've done quite a bit of shopping, went to a museum and got my ears pierced while dressed but I can't say I ever went to the gun shop dressed. I'm sure that she is quite comfortable out and about.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

I applaud the lady!

I've fantasized about going to either the range or the gun shop en femme, but my drab self seems to be too well known at the local shops and ranges.

I do have pink ear protectors (thank you Remington!) and hot pink soft cases for rifle and pistol.

I really want a Hello Kitty pink AR-15, but don't have one yet.
    Last edited by Persephone; 01-11-2011 at 02:21 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    So being in a gun shop, I doubt she was worried about anyone giving her a hard time. Something about arms tends to make people more polite.

But if you really wanted to break the ice, well you could have made small talk about the weapons and then said, "Hey BTW we are headed to the bank after this, want to come?" THAT would have been a great way to enjoy the afternoon
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

This reminds me of a time my friends and myself went target shooting. I wore my black cotton leggings, boots, short cotton spandex mini, and some Goth styled t-shirt and belt.

I had a blast, litterally. I also impressed by freinds with my accuracy even with a 57 magnum (I may have that wrong, it was years ago, but it was the gun Dirty Harry used, WHAT A KICK).

I faced NOT ONE jibe, or insult from anyone that saw me, and I did not try to look fem in the least, aside from slightly long hair.

There is a difference in not approaching her and not outing her. You obviously had a mutual interest (the firearms...silly) and that would have been a good opening. Who knows, maybe that would have led to other interests you share, pizza, fast cars, the opera. She smiled, you smiled, maybe a conversation could have ensued not on the topic of you both being TG. One thing Americans don't do well is communicate (verbally and non-verbally).
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

A t-girl in a gun shop? I think that's awesome!

I like to crossdress, hunt, and play games. I'm a T-girl with an A-bolt and an X-box. G-whiz, I wish I had an iPhone.

Banned Read only
    We definately should come up with some type of sign so we could let the cd or tgirl know that we are one of them, such as putting your right hand in your right pants pocket, reaching up and unbuttoning your top button on your shirt, running a finger across an eyebrow to smooth it, etc. If this was in place in our community EllieOPKS could have sent the message and the connection and conversation/bonding would follow. What a great way to avoid the fear of it not being what you thought it was and things turning bad. SO lets come up with some "sign" and start using it.

I have enjoyed reading all the responses. First I apologize for not responding more timely. I learned yesterday that if you drop your laptop on concrete it does not like it very well.
    So, I guess I am a real dummy here. I was so concerned about not making her uncomfortable I didn't say anything yet it was really a prime time to meet a sister. I am sooooo in agreement with deebra, we need a very discrete signal we can give to someone else. I think it would be awesome to go to a range en femme and do a little shooting. Now that I have let an opportunity go thru my fingers, that would have been a pretty easy conversation saying something like "beautiful rifle, would you like to go to the range some time?". Or maybe do my best dirty Harry " Well, do you feel lucky....punk" LOL!.
    So if we don't come up with a sign, maybe someone can start a CD hotline where people like me can call for help. .

I'd love to visit my local gunshop/range while dressed but alas! I am too well known in male mode that I'd be recognized in a heart-beat. But the thought of it is still arousing. I just might have to try it sometime..............just to see. Hmm, I wonder how difficult shooting the M1 rifle is in the prone position with a pair of 40 d's?
    Joni

LOL! Joni. I guess you better have a backpack in front of you to level the gun out. LOL!

Two comments...

First, it is so cool that we've got so many pro-gun members. That's just cool. I don't know why that takes me by surprise, but it does.

Second, on this whole "signal" thing, in a situation like the one presented by the OP (i.e. meeting a CDer en femme while we are in drab), we could simply make some kind of compliment about their attire, right? Like "nice shoes" or something. I can't imagine many non-CD men making such a comment (of course, I've never been in public en femme, so I don't know), so if a man makes such a comment that would definitely be a signal. Right?

Banned Read only
    I have been into guns for years. It is nothing for me to go into a gun shop either shopping for a gun or getting repairs and such done. Almost everyday unless I am out in the field, I wear a women's business suit with skirt or slacks if it is really cold. So when I am out and about that is what I am usually wearing. I have had many men come into the shop while I am there. They do not hesitate to strike up a conversation with me. I even had one take me out to lunch . One day, a guy came in struck up a conversation by saying that gun does not match your shoes then wink. I replied, no but it would go great with yours. He blushed a little and said he would need one that went with his new heels . A friendship was born.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    I'd love to visit my local gunshop/range while dressed but alas! I am too well known in male mode that I'd be recognized in a heart-beat. But the thought of it is still arousing. I just might have to try it sometime..............just to see. Hmm, I wonder how difficult shooting the M1 rifle is in the prone position with a pair of 40 d's?
    Joni
    I’m wondering about the modified weaver in 4” heels!

Are you saying she was packing more than a 45 ACP ? Guns and lipstick would have made a great topic to talk about.

WOW, I, just like KristaE, never would have thought there were so many pro gunners here, But I like it! I have not given much thought to plinking in high heels but it sounds like fun! Think about it a small .22 strapped to your thigh with a gater belt!!!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    You have to careful however.
    Down through the years, there have been those who I (and others) were covinced that they we a CD but, they tuned out to be GGs.
    As we are all fond of saying, females come in all shapes, sizes etc.
    I have even known GGs who had to shave areas of their face daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I applaud the lady!

they have that?!

I know how amazing it feels to be out as Samantha, I can only guess how she must feel being out and making money doing it.

Umm... so lemme get this straight...

The "girl" you saw was a guy... who likes guns. You're a guy who likes guns. You're in a gun shop.

If there's one place where people who have common interests can strike up a conversation with strangers, it's a gun shop. What's the problem? Hang out nearby, ask a question, drop a name... something.

You don't make new friends by being a socially awkward wallflower who waits for other people to notice you, because no one will.

Maybe it's just a sign of the times. I think Americans are so into their techno-gadgets and television "reality" -- and so self-absorbed -- that they're actually afraid to converse with their fellow man. This trend has become so prevalent that I think I can safely say that one's choice of clothing has no relevance.

Sorry if that's worded too strongly... it's a trend I've seen here, lurking for a while. Why are people so afraid of people?

Quote Originally Posted by 2SpeedTranny View Post
    .Maybe it's just a sign of the times. I think Americans are so into their techno-gadgets and television "reality" -- and so self-absorbed -- that they're actually afraid to converse with their fellow man. This trend has become so prevalent that I think I can safely say that one's choice of clothing has no relevance.

Sorry if that's worded too strongly... it's a trend I've seen here, lurking for a while. Why are people so afraid of people?

This is known everywhere as "The Seattle Freeze".

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pac...213/cover.html
    Coyote
    ==

"When I came out to my father as gay, he was shocked... and so was his boyfriend" - Bi-Polar Bear on Queerduck

http://www.CoyoteRidgeFilms.com/movs/roxie-dog.mov

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    they have that?!
    Yep! The folks at places like Armory Airbrush can do pretty much anything you want!

and

"If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).