Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossing Legs

Crossing Legs

Girls,

I don't seem to be able to cross my legs in a ladylike fashion. Is there some trick to this? I don't think I that incredibly endowed. Maybe my legs are too muscular. Maybe I just need more practice. Are there stretching exercises that work? Does tucking help? I need answers here!

Tracy

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Simmmons View Post
    Girls,

I don't seem to be able to cross my legs in a ladylike fashion. Is there some trick to this? I don't think I that incredibly endowed. Maybe my legs are too muscular. Maybe I just need more practice. Are there stretching exercises that work? Does tucking help? I need answers here!

Tracy
    I think its due to the narrowness of male hips and larger thighs...at least for me that where I feel pressure and strain.

Yeah, at least in my case it's fat thighs. Learned to girlishly tuck my legs back under my chair.

Tucking can help, just be sure not to put too much pressure on "the package". I started mimicking my female friends in my teens, plus my naturally high metabolism keeps me thin, so crossing my legs is actually quite comfy when I can manage it.

I also can't do this properly. Things sem to be uncomfortable. I normally just cross my legs at my ankles, but would lie to do things properly.

I have no problem at all crossing my legs girly like? I never have.
    This question is a bit of a mystery to me.
    I can only think of one reason. And that is being over weight.
    Medically speaking the” male” hips is not a reason.

SUZY

You gotta practice. It takes a little time. Start with by putting the ankle of one leg on the knee of the other leg (like guys do most times). Keep sliding that ankle to off the side of your your knee until finally you can get one knee atop the other (there may even be a little space between your knees). You can then progress to the "Robin Meade" maneuver where both legs are held parallel to each other while crossed. Its hard to do, you'll be resting on only one of you cheeks and your hips will begin to ache - BUT it's oh so feminine. If you're very adept and you yearn to adopt an ultra feminine posture, you can practice to accomplish the daring double crossed legs! It's usually a younger girl maneuver but it's also almost bullet proof for not getting clocked in the food court at the mall. Elbows tucked in, back straight, a delicate hand taking small bites of your french fries, legs double crossed - you are in ultimate girl mode, honey

When I was younger I was always wondering why I was told "boys don't cross their legs like that", cause I never ever had a problem doing it. In fact I fell more "stable" when sitting legs crossed, opposed to legs spread out. Anyway I find that way of sitting (legs wide apart) to be slovenly. That does not in anyway affect my judgment of someone though, I just don't like it for myself.

I also do not see ONE think "feminine" about sitting with one's legs crossed, aside from the stupid notions applied to it by society.

I can't do it, and I never could even when I was skinny kid., and I am neither any more. I guess it's just the way I'm built. So I just sit with my legs together and my ankles crossed off to one side. Best I can do.

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    It takes practice, the male muscles we have are not used to doing the motion but they can be"trained". for me it is easier to cross my legs in a lady like manner when I am wearing a skirt or a dress and nylons,n the nylons helps the legs slide over one another.
    when in doubt, dress

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    For me I practiced a few times a day learning to stretch those muscles again. At first I had to use hands to help cross my legs, now I can cross them all on their own. This is something I had not been able to do since about 5 or 6 years old. Also the tucking really helped relieve the pressure when I crossed them. This should make the doctor happy when he does the reflex exame on my legs, I could not even cross them with help before.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarieYelton View Post
    I started mimicking my female friends in my teens, plus my naturally high metabolism keeps me thin, so crossing my legs is actually quite comfy when I can manage it.
    Same here, now that I think of it. Never have thought of it before...

But have been sitting here for near an hour with legs crossed, alternating. Maybe some kind of flexibility issue? Or maybe genetic, like being able to whistle or bow your tongue? I'm just shooting out ideas... probably flexibility if I had to guess.
    With love,
    - Celes

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    I found it harder to cross my legs like a lady when tucked then when I was not tucked...... I guess it is the body structure of the the indivual gurl.....

I guess I'm a little different in that I have absolutely no problems crossing my legs like a lady with certain clothes even though I'm an old geezer (58 years of age). I do have a harder time with stiff men's jeans than I do with skirts and dresses.

Now my wife never crosses her legs like a lady. She also does not wear skirts or dresses; only I do.
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-11-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Like Suzy I have no problems crossing my legs and can even sit comfortably with the double cross that Michelle P described.

I was surprised by Nicole's comment that she couldn't do it even when she was young and skinny because I'd always figured that weight was an issue in making it difficult. Turns out it may not be.

One more thing -- most guys seem to do the ankle resting on knee thing by lifting one leg and placing it on top of the other. To do the leg cross in a ladylike manner you need to slide your legs around each other, lifting your leg as little as possible.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    Yeah just when you are alone, practice maybe by forcing it. Not for long periods at first cause it can be painful in the knee.
    Don't risk injury tho if you are that bad.
    I used to be able to do it no problems back when I was like 15 and weighed 150 pounds. ehh those days are long over.

One thing that helps is if you do not mind wearing pants instead of skirts you don't have to worry about it but I know a lot of TG prefer skirts. I am jeans lady.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I've always crossed my legs "like a girl." Took quite a bit of heat over this issue when I was a kid and had to force/train myself to NOT sit this way. Now that I'm "grown up" I can finally ignor this little bit of cultural BS and sit any way I want. This includes with my legs crossed and my top foot hooked behind the ankle for a "double cross." I also like to sit on the couch or a big stuffed chair with my legs curled up under me - a form of lounging I think is quite feminine. Physically dificult? Nope.
    Last edited by minalost; 01-11-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Im a bit chubby but I can cross my legs fine. Ive been doing it for years. But I can only do my right leg over my left, I can't do it the other way around. It just doesn't feel right.

You can always cross at your heels and look very lady-like. The advisors of my sorority were really big on the whole cross at the heels not at the knee thing.

So, if it's uncomfortable to cross at the knee...cross at the heel.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Hmm...never had a problem crossing my legs at the knee or any other way, including the double cross. I guess I just figured if I could do it, anyone could...LOL...I remember when I could cross my legs, both feet on top, and walk on my knees...haven't tried that for a while.

Women have a wider pelvis which causes women’s femurs (thighbones) to swoop towards the knee at much more of an angle than men’s. This enables them to do that cool, and extremely sexy thing where they cross one leg over the other, then hook the ankle of the top leg behind the shin of the bottom leg. They also have looser ligaments which add greater flexibility.

Lots of practice and stretching, just don't over do it. works for me

Practice, practice, practice... loosen the ligaments and flex the muscles! It is all possible...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I've never been comfortable crossing my legs when I'm sitting, so it's not a problem nor crossing them ladylike LOL

While I can cross my legs in a lady like manner which indeed took considerable time to master, I still call it the "nut crackers" Yes I know that certainly wasn't very lady like.
    [SIZE=2]"Une Femme sans bas, c'est comme une rose sans parfum.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]( A woman without stockings is like a rose without fragrance.)"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Don't hate me for being beautiful, hate your boyfriend for thinking I am"[/SIZE]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotlegsottawa/