Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you look at yourself in the mirror

When you look at yourself in the mirror

Yesterday i had a chance to dress which is something i dont normally have alot of time to do. And i was looking at myself in the mirror and thought something rather odd. That all in all i still look like myself.

The first thing that struck me weird about this thought is that who was i trying to look for? Was i expecting to see someone else after i had all the makeup on and clothes? Looking through the boy mode to girl mode threads quite often it is interesting to see the transformation from male to female.

Everyone sees things differently though. Because i see myself everyday as a male is that why i dont see a major change when i put the makeup on? Do other people think the same thing when they see themselves with makeup? But think wow look at that transformation when they see others? Its an interesting thing. So i was wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on that.

When you put makeup and wigs and all this stuff on and look in the mirror are u staring at someone completely different that ur guy self is almost unrecognizable? or are you simply staring at yourself?
    Being dressed up is much better if you have someone else to admire and enjoy it with you.

------------------------------------------------------
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
    - Alice Kingsley

I'd say yes and no. When I look in the mirror after the complete transformation, I see a very sexy, feminine version of myself. The hair, the make-up, the outfit, all compliment each other into the idea that "Hey, I could actually pass for female on the street".

Of course, there are certain things underneath it all that I'm still incredibly self-conscious about. Like no matter how much foundation, powder, etc. I put on, I can still seen a faint line of facial hair around my chin, and the few blemishes on my cheek. Or the fact that my butt doesn't look real enough because its padded. I worry about these things because I know they are there.

But the funny thing is, most people who are looking at you, don't see them. If you are at least semi-passable, most people just see a girl with broad shoulders and a small butt. They don't see the blemishes, the shadow of facial hair etc. because they aren't looking for it, at least until you get read.

Myself is myself in either mode Lola. There is just a different "spin" on it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    It's me - but prettier.

Kathi

Good post Lola. I wonder who I'm looking at all the time!

I look into the mirror I enter another world, a parallel universe in which I exist as female. Without the mirror I see only others yet I exist, as a female. If I look very closely I see a flaw in my skin and out comes the concealer. I see myself male or female but I feel like I am truer as a person existing without lying to myself. I just hide a very prescious thing from others and that is my other part who resides in another universe accessed by my mirror where I am free to be me.

Account is closed
    I look in the mirror to make sure I don't jab myself in the eye with a wand. Of course I always look in the mirror to fix my hair. How I wish it would grow to the length I want now and not have to wait another 6 months!

I will say that about 6 months after starting hrt and living full time, I actually started crying seeing myself for who I always was for the first time. there is nothing like the shock of seeing a beautiful woman on the other side of the mirror.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I see myself. Sometimes during a quiet moment I wonder why I masquerade as a male and ask myself if I could truly be Annie 24/7. I continuously come to the conclusion that I should be myself, Annie, all the time and quit trying to fool everyone. It is only because I fear hurting my wife and perhaps causing embarrassment to my family that I refrain. I enjoy seeing myself in the mirror, not in an erotic way, but as the person I want to be. It is because I have come to this realization that I am able to boldly go out in public and really enjoy myself.

Much earlier in my CDing days, when I got through with the all of the prep, I would be amazed at the person straring back at me in the mirror. I saw a different person. Over the years, I have become more accustomed to that face so it isn't a big shock anymore. But the funny part is that I don't see the drab version of me when I look in the mirror. When I am dressed now, the person in the mirror actually seems smaller that the guy version. Not to mention better looking. But certainly not the same person.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Gross! Why would I want to see a homely old man in a dress in my mirror!? I USED to see that when I started dressing! Yuck!

I want to see a unknown, pretty, young woman there! And now, I usually do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

< facetious mode > Before the make-up & everything I look like Hans Melman of the Simpsons show. < /facetious mode >
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When my late wife did my makeup and fixed my wig, I could look in the mirror and see a rather pretty lady!! Nowadays, since I don't wear any makeup or a wig, I see a man wearing feminine clothes!! But I accept that, and don't care! I love to wear feminine clothing, so I do!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Never really thought of it. I am mostly just looking to see if I still have a 5 o'clock shadow after applying 9 coats of latex paint and shaving 17 layers of skin off my face ! But one thing I have noticed............. when I am dressed in anything femme without makeup, be it just my bra and panties, chemise, dress, whatever, when I look down, I see the body and shape of a female. Sexy shaved legs, painted toes, breasts........ but then I look up in the mirror and bammmm the illusion is shattered and there is a hairy beast in lingerie staring back at me

Gold Member
    When I look into the mirror, after I put everything together, I only see fragment of my male self. The general image is, of course, me, but a softer, more feminine version.

Were all addicted to this idea that female clothing has magical properties that can change reality. That is Actually magically turn one into a woman ,But it cant. That is the irony which makes it ok for a straight guy to plsy with illusion. Its fun to create what one is attracted to.
    Last edited by bridgetta; 01-13-2011 at 12:40 AM.

I think that looking in the mirror and seeing yourself and a woman at the same time is what crossdressing is all about. Some parts of your brain are female. When you see your female self, that part of your brain is thankful for being allowed to show herself. The male part of your brain can either get freaked out or enjoy it.

As time goes by, I see someone that is more passable, but I don't know hoe much of it is improved looks, versus how much of it is a change in my judgment. Either way, I think pleasing yourself in the mirror is more important than how you look to others.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Lately, I see myself as being less feminine when I dress up and go all out. My normal every day appearance is seeming to be closer to the ideal image that I'm going for, which is kind of odd. While dressing up is fun, sometimes I look in the mirror and see something a little too over the top for my personality.

What a great thread, reading the responses it's a bit like a Rohrshak test for all of us...I was especially moved by Tania's eloquent response. For me, once I have my wig and makeup on, with a hairless body in a padded bra and panties, I see a woman, not beautiful perhaps but pretty, and the resemblance to my sainted mother is undeniable.

I see me but..

I see a girl version of myself, but I also see my sister. We look alot alike.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Maybe that's why I go over-the-top when I make up and dress. I want to see something very different than the guy me in a dress with minimal makeup. And I love to watch that transformation in the mirror as it happens.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 01-13-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typo

I look in the mirror at the male me and I see nothing I like. I see an ageing has been who never really achieved his potential, and has left it too late.

I put on my make-up etc... and I become a butterfly... limited lifespan, but such potential... I am transformed into another world... it feels so good.. and despite having problems with the sheer quantity of make-up involved to infill all the creaking seams that are my face, I am happy.

I feel good and at one with things... I can finally express me, rather than living the day to day drabness and boredom of being a male in the 21st century.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I see potential to improve. Lots and lots of potential for the old guy.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I see like a twin sister who is prettier and softer than her brother... the troll.

When I see myself in the mirror it is not me, I mean not the daily me that is compelled by duty and responsibility. My wife likes the other me, which is not me if you follow and gives me a lot of compliments which are just so amazing. Kassey is different, loves fun, dancing and shopping which is not me...... confused, welcome on board.

This is the #1 reason I dress now because I don't see my male self at all. I often stare for a while because it baffle me. I thought it was just me but I have shown a few people I know my pics including my mother and even she was shocked. She even said she if someone else had shown her the pics she would have never guessed it's me.

Even more shocking is a cam. I turned mine on one day and was watching myself in it while I typed, made facial expressions, browse the net, etc. etc. and the separation from my male self was much greater then in the mirror. Even though it is me, in the cam, it's not me. Everything looks different and truly does look like someone I am chatting with rather then seeing myself. It's fascinating.

That's a shot from the cam in my avatar.