Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of us have gotten into trouble when SO sees our forum activity?

How many of us have gotten into trouble when SO sees our forum activity?

My wife has gotten wise about my forum activities on Crossdressers.com.

She now snoops on entries and private messages that I have.
    She now calls me "Johanna" instead of "John".

Who else is in the doghouse for activities on Crossdressers.com?

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

My personal surfing is my personal business. No one has direct access to it.

No way my wife is included in every thing that I do, since telling her about Kathryn New Years Eve 2009. It is so much better than trying to hide how I feel and want to behave. But I am VERY lucky as she accepts Kathryn totaly.

My wife knows about the forum and I have invited her to read my posts anytime. she has told me no problem have fun. Be a good girls and no boys.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

So she calls you Johanna now? Isn't that what you wanted? Seems like a perfect time to start a dialog on this and maybe she can quit "snooping" and join us here.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Mine has her own accounts on some of the same forums I use. Is she snooping? Don't know and don't care. I do as i please and hopefully i do nothing to displease her. I haven't as yet.

I told my wife about this forum shortly after I became a member (I try not to hide things from her). On a few occasions she has expressed some curiosity about the forum and (looking over my shoulder) has read some of the threads and my posts. Sometimes, out of the blue, she will ask questions like "did you post anything on your crossdressing website today" (to which my truthful response is usually "no"). I have suggested to her that she can look at the site at any time on her computer and can become a member if she wants. Frankly, I wish she would spend some time on this forum, as it would likely give her a better understanding of crossdressing. But she doesn't seem to have much interest.

To answer the OP question, NO, I don't get into trouble when my wife sees my forum activity. However, she does get slightly annoyed when she perceives that I spend too much time here at the expense of doing more productive things. Not a big deal, however.

Quote Originally Posted by JohannaH View Post
    My wife has gotten wise about my forum activities on Crossdressers.com.

She now snoops on entries and private messages that I have.

Who else is in the doghouse for activities on Crossdressers.com?

Johanna
    I dunno, sounds like a bit of touche' to me since you came into these pages wondering why (putting it nicely) many of us adopted feminine names. Not only do you seem to have one for yourself but your wife uses it too. Imagine that???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    So she calls you Johanna now? Isn't that what you wanted? Seems like a perfect time to start a dialog on this and maybe she can quit "snooping" and join us here.
    She sees me in a dress half the time, and I have fairly long natural hair - over the ears and the back down to my shoulders. The only time she does not wear pants and shorts is when she is wearing her nightgown, and her hair is short.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    I'm not married but any female that comes into my house to disrespect me would get thrown out. I don't care if she's been with me my whole life. If she doesn't like this side of me then she doesn't like me.
    “What would we be if we were normal? I can't even picture it.” – Sookie Stackhouse

My wife knows I cd, but doesn't participate. Rather indifferent about it. In any case, I believe that I am entitled to my own thoughts and private conversations. So far, no problems with her reading anything I wrote. She chooses not to come here.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 01-13-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo

My wife has gotten wise...
    Sounds like a bit of acceptance to me!

I told my wife about the site while I was still a lurker. She and I discussed whether I should join and came to the conclusion that I should. She knows my femme name (never calls me by it, though) and I have no problem if she reads what I write. She'll occasionally sit with me while I peruse the site.

This is much healthier for our relationship than sneaking around!

My wife has zero interest about this site. I can sit here for hours, dressed and reading and replying to threads, while she sits across the room on her computer doing what ever, and unless I mention something I read on here, we never talk about it. She's watched me dress for around 35 years, it's just no big thing to her.
    Tina B.

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    my wife not only knows I am on here, but gives me her opinion on some of the threads on here. I keep nothing I am doing from her because honesty is the core of our marriage.
    when in doubt, dress

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    My wife reads my blog posts to a varying extent. I think that if it looks interesting, she reads it thoroughly but if it looks boring at the start I don't think that she reads to the end. Several of her relatives and a few of mine read it too.

My wife knows about my posting here, and I suggested that she join because there are other partners and the GG-only section but I don't think that she's ever bothered. She's far more interested in playing farmville etc on Facebook.

My attitude is that if you're going to put it on the internet, you should be prepared to have people who know you, including your spouse, parents, children, etc read it, because sooner or later there's a good chance that they will.

Gold Member
    My wife knower's nothing about computers; and does not want to learn.
    Some times it is a good thing, some times not. I tried to explain what I am doing
    but she thinks that I am playing games on the computer. So life goes on. Rader

I dont "snoop" but I do look at my husbands older posts which were from before I "found out" and before I joined these forums myself.. Im not happy with some things he has posted before he knew that I knew but I cant change that.. and I dont say anything about them to him.. i just live with it I guess.
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea_GG View Post
    I dont "snoop" but I do look at my husbands older posts which were from before I "found out" and before I joined these forums myself.. Im not happy with some things he has posted before he knew that I knew but I cant change that.. and I dont say anything about them to him.. i just live with it I guess.
    Maybe it would be a good idea to sit down and talk with him about your concerns. Harboring unspoken misgivings can't be good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Sounds like a bit of acceptance to me!
    When I am in drab my wife asks me, "Where's your dress?"
    John (Legal name)

My life is an open book to my wife. There isn't anything of consequence that she doesn't know about. She knows I participate on this forum, and enjoys me telling her some of the stories that come from here (she especially loved the recent one about one of the girls here being accosted by a would-be purse thief!). She's not one much for the Internet, so she doesn't participate in any forums, much less this one.

Had I married at 20, I would live in fear of my wife finding out because I was not mature enough, not self accepting enough at that time in my life to tell anyone. Thankfully, I waited a long time to get married, and told my now wife long before we got engaged. There isn't anything that I've posted on this forum, or any other, that could possibly get me in the dog house.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    my wife has gone as far as joining,but hasn't gone any further,i think the novelty of having a laptop in the house has worn off for her,even her facebook games have lost their spark,She might have a peek now and again,or if I see something I think she may like to read I'll tell her all about it,I try not to be on here (or any site) for too long,not a good advert for communication if we are on opposite sides of the living room going square eyed

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Shesa is a member here and she does not mind what I post on here at all. Nor do we argue about what she posts on this site.

We are also both on Facebook. Now that is a different story!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    Maybe it would be a good idea to sit down and talk with him about your concerns. Harboring unspoken misgivings can't be good, right?
    you are correct.. but i guess its something that we are just use to doing and not communicating very good
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

As far as I know my wife isn't on here. But it wouldn't matter anyway. I never say anything on here that I wouldn't say to her face to face. Makes sleeping at night much easier.

Aspiring Member
    My wife know I'm participating in a "Crossdressiing Chat Group" but has shown no interest in looking,joining in, or even knowing the name of this site. She has mentioned it at times when she feels I'm spending too much time here

Danielle