Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many of us are there?

Im #4
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    hiya KrystalA,

Statistics are just like Pick-Up Stiks...they are both just games with a lot of guessing and fluctuating totals, lol.

In my opinion, 7 out of every 4 men is a crossdresser,
    and some crossdressers have trouble with math.

Only your hairdresser knows for sure...
    I agree, there are three kinds of people in the world, those who know math and those who don't!

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    hiya KrystalA,

Statistics are just like Pick-Up Stiks...they are both just games with a lot of guessing and fluctuating totals, lol.

In my opinion, 7 out of every 4 men is a crossdresser,
    and some crossdressers have trouble with math.

Only your hairdresser knows for sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Geez I have tears in my eyes from laughing. Thanks
    As should we all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

We are probably the more committed crossdressers, I guess, since we belong on this site and post on a regular basis. You'd have to think that there are many others who are in the closet or don't have internet access or perhaps don't know of this forum.

Ready For A New Life Katherine1951's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    In the ancient American Indian tribes, Two spirit people were held in high regard. Now transgender are still fighting to get recognized as "People". I'll say in perhaps another 2000 years maybe ( I am being optimistic here :-)!
    Alexia, 2000 Years I don't think that I can wait that long

Orchid[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too, I'll be 2059 years old and need makeup by the gallons to fill the wrinkles.
    };^D

Quote Originally Posted by Loni View Post
    alas during a resent outing even a local tribal counsel meeting there was show a small bit of anti toward me. just a "all clear" when i came out of the loo. but a backward step in thinking. or maybe a young girl? i think not as it was a elders meeting.

so yes we have a very long way to go. sad it will not be in our life times.

I'll bet a lot of American Indians were crossdressers, didn't they use the scalps to make their wigs? ))))

Quote Originally Posted by JohannaH View Post
    There has to be a lot more than one transgendered individuals per 700!

I for one don't understand why the clothing, fashion, shoe, and makeup industries don't target feminine fashions for men. Think of the additional sales! As it is now you have men buying their usual dull items only as needed. Especially think of the makeup industry - if all men started applying makeup sales would almost double!

The fashion industry needs to get with TV producers and make it respectable for men to wear skirts, dresses, hose, heels, and makeup, and then the "dumbed down" men's fashions would come to an end.

Maybe as women take over the reins of business (I believe now there are 3 female college graduates to every 2 males) they will recognize a gold mine that needs to be tapped.

Johanna
    Makeup? more than double, we need more cover...

Fashion? the 70's were great with their uni-sex fashions, it was also ok for men to wear pink, yellow and shades of purple, sure wish "Prince" would have cought on more as a fashion copy, I loved the heels and frilly lace.

Gold Mine? Let's all kick $100.00 each into an account somewhere, get some business minded CD's to incorporate us all, and start a nationwide and worldwide chain if MtF fashion, lingerie and makeup stores, we can even start our own clothing, makeup and perfume lines. We then register our customer's like Radio Shack does, and that should get us close to a percentage number, not to say earn each of us some money to pay for our wardrobes.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    A plethora of people who have the penchant for pursuing positive paradigms pertaining to personal preference.
    Plethora? I think you saw the movie "Roxanne" with Steve Martin too many times :^D , only kidding
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    There is one way I can think of to calculate an estimate of CD men out there. It's a bit fanciful and requires access to business data but it might be viable.

Certain businesses such as Payless shoes are likely aware of the fact that many of their supposedly "female" wares are actually worn by men. If one had access to their sales data for various shoe sizes I'd bet that you'd see a nice bell curve with a fairly prominent positive anomaly on the large size end. The deviation from the normal female distribution of a particular size represents sales to males of that particular size. A talented statistician likely could tease some numbers out of the data. I'd really be surprised if such numbers haven't been generated by every major retailer.

Unfortunately, such data is probably held as a competitive secret, so it will likely remain locked in a filing cabinet.
    On another thread, I posted a link to my preferred panties, on the review section, there were 50 replies, 3 of them from men who admitted to wearing panties exclusively. Again, not even close to conclusive, but I think there are a lot more of us than the general populace thinks. As a guess, I would think that 25% of guys could be persuaded to admit to having had an "interest" maybe 15-10% who have done it in any significant way. I do find it interesting that Jockies is making a panty that fits male and female bodies equally well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    There are 3 types of men in this world.

1. Never has and never will try on panties

2. Says he never has even while underdressed

3. Wears his panties with pride
    How about this, there are 2 types of men in the world, those that tried panties and liked it, and those that will..

OK, a few that try it and don't like it!

There's no way to get even close to the correct number. I know a few of us who have not been counted, just in my life. I never leave the safety of my home (orders from the wife). So how would they know about me? Lots more out there just like me.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine1951 View Post
    Plethora? I think you saw the movie "Roxanne" with Steve Martin too many times :^D , only kidding
    Kat
    Plethora is the the plural of pleather which is the pelt from a psdo cow from which pleather garments are made for Drag Queens.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Greene View Post
    I have found more websites devoted to explaining and promoting crossdressing than I can count this alone is enough to say that actual number of crossdressers is larger than the 1% of the population that is estimated on a couple of websites.
    very often i have noticed , that one company can own a lot of related websites that are just a bit different to attract different audiences. so i would be hard to use that as a basis, but places like URNOTALONE have members by state and category and I think it woulc be the start of something bit--numbers-wise.
    Kinsey's study also included cding and perhaps a good statistician could do a modern projection of those numbers.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine1951 View Post
    Makeup? more than double, we need more cover...

Fashion? the 70's were great with their uni-sex fashions, it was also ok for men to wear pink, yellow and shades of purple, sure wish "Prince" would have cought on more as a fashion copy, I loved the heels and frilly lace.

Gold Mine? Let's all kick $100.00 each into an account somewhere, get some business minded CD's to incorporate us all, and start a nationwide and worldwide chain if MtF fashion, lingerie and makeup stores, we can even start our own clothing, makeup and perfume lines. We then register our customer's like Radio Shack does, and that should get us close to a percentage number, not to say earn each of us some money to pay for our wardrobes.
    Funny you should mention that--I had a dream (and I don't really dream all that much)--that I wanted to open a store called "Heels for Men"!

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    Funny you should mention that--I had a dream (and I don't really dream all that much)--that I wanted to open a store called "Heels for Men"!
    Well we are both in California, how close I can't determine because your city is not listed. Why don't we hit some banks, apply for some loans together, and open the first store of the chain around here. I see hundreds of empty store fronts, from businesses that didn't make it, mostly food chains (it's hard to make a go with a Mexican Restaurant, when there are four more on the same block).

Specialty stores seem to have the best sucess rate. Because of the current economy, building owners will jump at the chance to get their empty, non money producing floor space rented or leased out. I don't know if you are familiar with the Hawthorne Mall, it's gigantic, multi leveled, and has all its entrances fenced up because it is closed.

We find a location and put a high fence around the parking lot that blocks out street view. Patrons will have privacy from their cars, to the store, and back. Obscuring public view from pedestrians and vehicle. How about "Finding Dorothy" as one name suggestion? That way only our crowd will identify with the connection. But we can figure that out later.

Any others out there interested in getting in on this? I've become invigorated just thinking about it.

Later,
    Kat

Kat
    Last edited by Katherine1951; 03-08-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: spelling corrections

Olyslager and Conway presented a paper[28] at the WPATH 20th International Symposium (2007) arguing that the data from their own and other studies actually imply much higher prevalence, with minimum lower bounds of 1:4,500 male-to-female transsexuals and 1:8,000 female-to-male transsexuals for a number of countries worldwide. They suggest the prevalence might be as high as 1:500 births overall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Krystal,
    Untill the Governent makes it mandatory that all CD's register
    we will never know for sure just how many of us there are out there I
    suspect the number is a lot higher than many people think it is.

Orchid
    And thankfully the government does not do this. All the extra security we have now "for our own good" is quite enough thank you. I can only imagine having to walk around with little pink stars pinned to our clothing.

End of rant.