Thread: A great shift

A great shift

Today I was at work as usual, Cashier at Wally World. exciting. i know. haha. But anyways, A few hours into my shift a woman was putting her items on my belt. Typical stuff, food and some random things throughout the store. I greeted her with my standard "How are you today sir/ma'am (obviously I used ma'am)" and she responded, "fine n'you" that threw me off. "n'you" is a guy term that I have never heard from a womans mouth in my entire life with the exception of my SO picking on me for saying it. Back to the story, I look up and there is a woman who is actually a man out en femme. I smiled. Then some panties and bra's came up. I decided I would present myself as a fellow CD'er. I said, "I love these panties. They are wonderful and fit great." She replied, "I know! they are great. I can't get enough. I usually come the days after you get shipment and buy a few new pair." I said, "I am not comfortable enough to shop where I work, it would be slightly awkward. I go to other walmarts nearby when I need new panties or bra's (I went after my shift to another one )" I casually said, "I am on a web forum called crossdressers.com, I don't know if you've heard of it but it is great. They really helped me get the courage you already have. I want to go out as a woman, but I am a little too nervous." thats when she said, "when do you work again because I'll come back and we can talk a little." so I told her and Thursday during my break we are going to talk about going out. I'm hoping actually talking to someone out en femme will help me get the courage. She was pretty attractive I must say.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Fantastic! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful chat.

I'm personally attracted to the way you first noticed that she was transgendered: he speech pattern. I've long been trying to think about how to start a thread devoted to speech patterns but I'm not sure I know enough yet to do that successfully. I'm working on it, though

I'm still smiling over your meeting at the checkout!

tina

Another reason to avoid the self-checkout lanes... you never know when/where you are going to meet a new friend. I hope you both have a nice chat on Thursday.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Oh how awesome is that?!?!?! I cannot wait to read about your chat; good luck!

Hugs,
    Jen

I've been wondering, if a retail worker asks me how I'm doing and I've had a bad day would they prefer I feel guilty about lying to them or go on a rant about how bad the day has been?

No, I'm all for retail workers being friendly and polite, but some questions are just plain nosy. Imagine how some comments could embarass a young in the closet CD making some of her first female clothes purchases!

Could we stick to things like "Did you find the items you were looking for?" and "Thank you for shopping here!" at the check outs?

I've also heard the contracts between credit card processors and retailers don't allow the retailers to ask for ANY identification other than the credit or check card with a signature on the back. I also understand the retailer gets paid (the card issuer assumes any fraud risks) if there's proof the card was present (swiped at the terminal, even if by the customer, being considered proof) without any proof the card was presented by the account holder. Why are the store managers directing the cashiers to ask for a photo ID?

as i work as an elvis tribute i get to wear some outlandish clothes and wear affair amount of makeup to do my job so its almost like im cding but in disguise if you get me its like a middle ground between my 2 sides. I had a transgender woman come to a show once who came to the meet and greet after the show and we got talking she was lovely but it just shows in whatever walk of life there are people similar or like ourselves

I like to keep the chatting to a minimum... I'm a private person, but I'm glad you met someone nice.
    Chickie

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Jess, I like the way that you introduced the whole topic with the customer. I think you found the right sort of balance by starting out with a compliment on what she had chosen to buy, then once she had responded positively mentioning the fact that you cross-dress. If she had been at all uncomfortable at any stage, you were giving her plenty of opportunities to break off the conversation and if (unlikely though it might have been) you had misinterpreted something, you didn't actually say anything to give offense.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I hope something big develops from this! good luck sis!

I am proud of you!! I hope you girls have a great conversation can develop a great relationship.
    Sarah

A great story. I wish You'll become good friends.

On a side note (obviously unapplicable to this particular situation), as BritneyLynn mentioned, making any comments to a CD (except for standard "Good morning", "Thank You" etc.) could be pretty stressful if she's not yet too comfortable with going out. It seems (from comments of my friends, as well as own observations), that cashiers here in Poland - especially female ones - if they spot something that's making them "suspicious" about their client's gender/sex are often suddenly becoming very talkative (in order to check if they're right in their suspicions).

Fantastic! I'm glad this went well for you and hope your 'meet' goes just as well.

I'd love to meet others in our community, in my local area (San Antonio, TX), with whom I could just talk about the lifestyle, shopping, etc, without feeling always 'on guard'. I've seen others on this site who live in places I've also lived and wonder what it would have been like to know them.

Just think, dressed as Carol or Bob, you meet Dan/Sally one day and the two, (three four or more) of you start talking about the latest fem fashions, panties, bras, etc on sale at Kohls or Dillards. Here you are, enfemme, talking to 'Dan' in drab about the most feminine issues.

How cool could that be?

I've read the posts here to other threads where the consensus seems to be that one shouldn't engage a cross-dresser in public. My own opinion is, if I've gathered up the nerve to go out, I'm hoping for a friendly face and the opportunity to speak. I'm sure I would want the conversation to be fairly superficial and not too probing but I'd welcome the opening. As for BritneyLynn's thoughts, I am an extremely private male, to the point of being reclusive so I welcome the opening remarks from cashiers, especially in stores such as Wally World. They tend to be down-to-earth people, and I have answered honestly when my day has been entirely in the trash. Sometimes they roll with it, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they remember me the next time I'm in the store which is nice.
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I work nightshift in ASDA (wal-mart)and there was a Crossdresser came in the shop a few weeks back,I would have liked to have struck up a conversation with her,but couldnt think of any comment to initiate a dialogue so thought best leave her be to continue shopping,a chance missed maybe but I didnt want to make her feel uncomfortable

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson