Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Much harder to wear dresses?

Much harder to wear dresses?

Since I'm pretty much in the closet I find it increasingly harder to wear really femme clothes like dresses.

I never venture outdoors in one.

Therefore my wardrobe is consisting more and more of womens style slacks like womens dockers and lizwear trouser style pants. I also wear lingerie.

I still buy dresses and enjoy wearing them when I can but it is not on a regular basis. The last time I wore a dress was in May when I finally went to my first ever crossdressing/makeup session with a professional.

1)Do any other cd'ers like to wear dresses?
    2)Do you wear them infrequently or as often as you wish?
    3)If not able to wear dresses for whatever reason, What do you like to wear?

Emmi

I have to say that I absolutley adore long dresses and gowns. I have a few that I almost never get to wear. It is pretty hard to have a real fun time dressing with 3 boys in the house. Maybe someday when they are older things will change. But for now when I am home I can wear all my nice undies under my bathrobe and to bed only.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I think like most girls my wardrobe has a variety of options

Sometimes the hardest choice is what to wear (typical woman)
    Still in the closet but take every opportunity to dress

Dresses
    Blouses
    Skirts
    Slacks

and Lots of sexy underwear
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Smile Much harder to wear dresses

I am also mostly in the closet. I mostly wear skirts and cami tops around the house. I have a few dresses that I wear mostly on Sunday as I feel the need to really look nice on Sundays for some reason. I am not into slacks as they remind me too much of male pants.

Cute, Sweet, and Petite!! DeniseNY's Avatar
    Like most women, my wardrobe is a mixture of dresses, skirts, pants (yecch! What's the point???), shorts, and even a romper. Each one is appropriate at a different time.

Because our bodies are somewhat different than the bodies of GGs, we have to make adjustments to make our clothes fit. Bear in mind that even women's slacks are designed to fit a female body. Their hips tend to be larger than ours, so if you pad them or do something to make them wider, you'll notice that your dresses and skirts look and fit much better.

A quick rule of thumb is that your hips should be about as wide as your shoulders. The next time you put on a dress, try that - and notice the difference. You'll love the way you look! It'll even make your skirts or slacks look better.
    "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
    - Napoleon

"Yeah, whatever, but can you kick MY ass?"
    - Duke of Wellington

I love to wear dresses with sexy lingerie & heels - especially velvet ones (just my fetish!!).

Sometimes when it's too hot for this, a nice short skirt & tight cami top does the job with some stockings & heels.

Guess I'm just a bit of a tart really

Paula.
    Living on the edge might be dangerous, but it has an awesome view!!

Smile I to have more slacks than dresses

Emmi, with me being on the larger plus size (235 lbs) and 5' 11" I find it better for me to wear slacks.On Monday I plan on going to a mall and getting a full makeup session. And then I am going to drive truck feeling like a natural woman!When I do have a skirt and a dress in my collection though.
    MissLauraB

I have quite a veryed wardrobe but most o'v the time im in skirt and top but always wear a dress for sunday ev'ning dinner
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

I don't own any ladies slacks, so I'll mostly wear a skirt/top combination. Dresses just aren't made right for me to wear as I can wear a smaller bottom half than top half due to my wide shoulders.

Maybe I need to learn to sew and make a dress fit better? Now, a sundress that wraps around the neck, leaving the shoulders exposed would be nice, but I haven't found one in my size.
    DonnaT

I definitely prefer to wear a dress that fits me well but will just as often wear a skirt and top. I have also had a couple jumpsuits that I liked a lot but it is difficult to find the right fit. I see no point in wearing slacks. I also love to wear nighties/jammies and such.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    I love to wear dresses, but also love a good blouse/skirt combo too.

As long as I have my pantyhose and heels, i'm happy and wear as the mood fits me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT
    I don't own any ladies slacks, so I'll mostly wear a skirt/top combination. Dresses just aren't made right for me to wear as I can wear a smaller bottom half than top half due to my wide shoulders.
    Donna, I could have written this exact same post! I have a few dresses, but they never fit as well as a skirt/top combo...

DanaJ
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love to wear dresses and skirts! My problem is that my tops are 2Xs and my waist is size 16.

dana

I haft to have tight jeams and on occasions the shortest slirt I can find.

Like Dana and Donna I favour a combination of skirt and top - generally matching!

I take a 14 skirt and 18 top (UK sizes)...

Sally...xx

Yes, I love to put on a dress and stockings. They make me look and feel like a woman.

Infrequently, because I can't dress as often as I'd like to.

Recently I have started wearing pants more, of course they are much more comfortable and easy to get around in, and there are situations where a dress makes me stand out in the crowd. Most girls wear pants whenever they can, for the same reason. I think I'm going through a phase where the need to put on a dress is not as important as the desire to look, feel and act like a woman, and that includes going out in pants instead of a skirt or dress all the time. Ask Windy

What do you use

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseNY
    Because our bodies are somewhat different than the bodies of GGs, we have to make adjustments to make our clothes fit. Bear in mind that even women's slacks are designed to fit a female body. Their hips tend to be larger than ours, so if you pad them or do something to make them wider, you'll notice that your dresses and skirts look and fit much better.

A quick rule of thumb is that your hips should be about as wide as your shoulders. The next time you put on a dress, try that - and notice the difference. You'll love the way you look! It'll even make your skirts or slacks look better.

I have trouble with dresses, I usually wear tops and skirts, 20 on top(trying to get to 18) and 16 on the bottom, trying to get to 14. But what do you use to pad out the hips. I agree I should be shaped more correctly, would love some advice.

Tiffany

Quote Originally Posted by tifftg
    I have trouble with dresses, I usually wear tops and skirts, 20 on top(trying to get to 18) and 16 on the bottom, trying to get to 14. But what do you use to pad out the hips. I agree I should be shaped more correctly, would love some advice.

Tiffany
    Knee-highs stuffed with cotton balls are a cheap, quick way to create hip pads. Once they're covered with a few layers (panties or body briefer, tights, then my skirt or pants) they work just fine for me. Ask Windy

I agree, dresses would be just lovely. But I think IF we can't have them taylor made, it could be a give a way, because of the higher waist of the true GG.
    I favour wide hips skirts and the new summer fashion is just great with the gypsy style and the swinging skirts.
    Norbie
    TRUE FEMININE = TOTAL WOMAN!

I always loved dresses. The first female item of clothing i ever tried on was a dress.

Over the years I have settled into a preference for skirts, paired with a mixture of camis, blouses, or cute twin sets. Skirts are definitely my favourite. I build the rest of my outfit around my skirts. The right top, underwear and shoes all complement how the skirt feels on me. If I get it right the skirt feels wonderful.

I have never worn women's trousers and don't see the point. For practicality I can see why many women now wear trousers, but i think it kind of defeats the object of being a cross dresser if you are not going to wear a dress or skirt .

I have a feww dresses, but it is not easy to find any that fit properly. I much prefer skirts (of the mini kind) and either a sweater or camisole.

For a dress that fits on a less-than-perfect body (in other words, a guy's) try a jumper sometimes. Paired with the right top, a jumper gives you the freedom of a dress while overcoming the hips/shoulders dilemma. I always look for jumpers with strings that tie in the back into a bow, which gives me a nice waistline. As for "what's the point" of wearing pants, if you've got a wig and makeup on, a feminine top and cute shoes, you're gonna look and feel like a girl. Ask Windy

Pure and simple, skirts and dresses are why I am a crossdresser.

RIchelle

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinya
    Care to explain?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd

Emmi
    Emmi,

1) Absitively and Positutely! I'm a child of the 50s , an only child and dresses were the only thing my mother ever wore 99.9 % of the time.

2) I only dress femme around in my house, just about whenever I wish. No children, my wife doesn't object (in fact she sometimes borrows dresses from me).

3) I rarely dress femme in pants - have 1 pantsuit (Liz Claiborn purple silk paisley that a friend passed along to my wife) and a couple of times I borrowed a pair from my wife to wear getting the paper from the porch. Besides dresses, I have lots of skirts and tops.

Jadeanne