Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry, but I like drag queens.

I have Anna Conda on my guy youtube channel....mainly because she's singing one of my favorite band's songs.
    I can say that I am guilty of enjoying watich RuPaul's Drag race. I'm amazed at how well these girls can tuck.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I recently saw Frank Marino's Divas Las Vegas. What an exceptionally over the top show it was. I got to meet Frank after the show. Elegant gowns and perfect make up. The entire performance was top shelf. If this is refined Drag, then I'm all for it. What I can't stand is when the ignorant chattering class throw around the word tranny.

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha B L View Post
    Yet if a drag queen ain't a crossdresser then what are they? Because I'm not very passable(maybe I could be with an expensive salon makover)I sort of go with a drag queen kind of look.
    It's not a look that has offended people, it's the demeaning attitude that some drag queens portray in their performances.
    I can't really hate on them too much, because there are pictures of me acting like a ***** in public

Drag queens are cool.
    I could see myslef prforming en-fem, possibly doing a VanHalen inspired guitar solo,,, BUT, I don't see me doing the over the top makeup and waht not.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    The other pet peeve I have with many drag queens is lip syncing. Call me a snob, I dont really care, but lip syncing does nothing for me and I'd only just barely consider it a talent at all.
    That "talent" has gotten Britney Spears a long way...

But yeah... lip syncing is lamer than lame. You can still make a living as a really bad, tone deaf singer... just ask Bob Dylan.

I'd rather see a hot DQ -- with a real band -- who sounds like Country Dick Montana than try to suspend disbelief long enough to equate that 6'8" 320lb queen on stage with Lady Gaga on the sound system.

I applauded their courage for being who they are, but I would much rather be an everyday kind of girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

as a performer i know what its like to stand in front of a room full of people and have to put on a show for them but i only do that in rhinestoned jumpsuits to do that in full drag make up hair etc is a remarkably impressive thing to do but i guess once you have learned your act then its no different to just putting ur costume on.

oh and raven from ru pauls drag race was awesome and so was morgan mcmichaels 'pink' outfit
    Oh if you're gonna love me love the life I lead
    Need the things I need don't try to change me
    If you're gonna take me take me for what I am
    I can't be another man I can't be free
    'Cos the life I lead is the life I lead

I like taking their tips on makeup from you tube and using it for my own selfish purposes... ;-) I like the impersonator style more than the parody type shows. To me it is most facinating when you forget the performer is actually male and is not the actress being portayed.
    Chickie