Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I like pretty things, does that make me a female?

If I like pretty things, does that make me a female?

On the "lighter" side... a simple question...

I like pretty things, like like floral patterns (egad!), I like lace, I like color. I like clothing made from these things, skirts, dresses, shirts (tops), etc.

I also like Musicals (oh no, not that!).

Does that make me inherently female or can I enjoy all of these things and still think of myself a "male".

Do we sometimes get confused about this, that is, because I like these things (whatever your personal list is), then I must be feminine?

Something to think about, I invite your comments...
    -Meri

Central Ohio

I have always liked those things. I thought it just made me a person of taste. There are lots of GG's who are feminine who don't like any of those things. my wife included. I think we would have a tough time proving this hypothesis.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post

I like pretty things, like like floral patterns (egad!), I like lace, I like color. I like clothing made from these things, skirts, dresses, shirts (tops), etc.
    . . .

Does that make me inherently female or can I enjoy all of these things and still think of myself a "male".

Do we sometimes get confused about this, that is, because I like these things (whatever your personal list is), then I must be feminine?

Liking those things does not make you female, at all really. They are just things you like, no worries Remember that a lot of what we call "things men like" are determined by cultural norms of our area. Go somewhere else and those lists will likely shift. Same of course for "things women like".
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Actually, there's an easier way to tell.

Account is closed
    Nope, it makes you like pretty things.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Not really. I liked them all before I started this interesting lifestyle and like them now with me wearing them. I think that for some, including me sometimes, wearing something extra feminine helps our mind get into that special moment that we all cherish.

I wish it was that easy. I guess I am still a guy who likes to wear pretty things.

Before you define whether that makes you 'female' or not, you have to define what 'female' means. If it means in this context something other than specifically genetic sex, then there's a whole host of possibilities and ranges. There's no flip-bit here of either (a) or (b). There's a spectrum.

I went into the garage. Does that make me a car?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

you already new the answer. But thanks for the cute read. However it does explan my wife wearing pants. Someone has to be the man in the house.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Sure does.... I just wished I liked pretty things! Sigh...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

GGG (Good Giving Game) GG MiamiMarie's Avatar
    Absolutely. Anybody who likes anything pretty is indeed considered to be female.

It's a little know fact, but Buddy Holly was actually female, as evidenced in his song "Chantilly Lace."

I too like pretty things, I especially love pillow cases with ruffles, lacey doilies, ankle socks with ruffles and so on but musicals, hell no. I know a lot of females who do not like musicals. I don't think that these likes or dislikes define femininity. I also know a few females who like jeans, boots, horses, mustering, rodeos, utes and bikes but hate frilly things and I can assure you they are not male. Maybe I am unsure what does define sexes. I find a piece of machinery as attractive as a very well proportioned female does this make me weird? Hell Yeh.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I went into the garage. Does that make me a car?
    I like being in the forrest - does that make me a lumberjack. No wait, I always wanted to be a lumberjack. Ohhhhhh.... <inserth the lumberjack song here >

Yes, I do know the LumberJack song -- it's a stitch. Here's a link for those who have not heard it: LumberJack Song

Yes, I do know the answer to my question, but I know that people (like my SO) gets confused about this. In her mind, colorful, pretty prints, etc. are for women, plain, drab things are for men.

Thus, I can't help wondering if this is a universal feeling with the masses -- I suspect it is and that's part of "our" problem.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

I understand what you are saying but doing/liking these things does not make you female; sorry.
    Hugs, Carole

For me I like the things I like, wheather they be deemed female or male. But I have noticed that the things I like to see females wearing is what I tend to wear. As far as doillies and things like that go ever since I was a tiny tot I would crochet and needle point some very feminine things (my grandma tought me). It's not necesarily a boy girl thing it's an individual thing.
    [SIZE="2"]All those that believe in telekenesis, raise my hand.[/SIZE]

Yeah... I am a man so I must like... (fill in at your leisure!)

I am a girl, so I must like... (fill in at your leisure!)

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this thinking one that the feminist movement kicked off against?

Pink - Blue
    Barbie - Buzz Lightyear
    Football - Rugby (sorry, UK... could be soccer vs football!)

Now go for this... I am me, and I like... (fill in at your leisure!)

Don't it just feel good?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post

I also like Musicals (oh no, not that!).

Meri by your "egad" "oh not that" makes me think you are definitely very male because you can like those things including musicals means to me you are very intouch with your female side which great and you can still think of youself as male

yes I believe some of you do get confused about this because not a lot of guyz are in touch with the female side of yourselves/themselves., whats wrong with that.

When you see guyz wearing PINK now macho males dont usually but when guyz do wear pink I always think wow theres a guy intouch with his female side., or either hes being
    brave to see what coments he can create lol...

thats my few cents worth...but good to see YOU recognise your femme self.... nothing feminine about it unless your dressed
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMarie View Post
    Absolutely. Anybody who likes anything pretty is indeed considered to be female.

It's a little know fact, but Buddy Holly was actually female, as evidenced in his song "Chantilly Lace."
    Sorry Miami, but Buddy never sang Chantilly Lace, that was the Big Bopper, who also died in that plane wreck with Buddy Holly.
    And as to the question, liking pretty things doesn't make me a women, but it does make being a crossdresser a lot more fun!
    Tina B.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Actually, there's an easier way to tell.
    Whatdafukketygirl what the woman trying to say is this - Reach down in your undies to find out for sure.

Now me, I like masculine things but I live as female, how jacked up am I?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I think it means you like pretty things Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It does not "make" you a female.

That "could" also describe yellow-jackets, moths, and many kinds of burrowing rodents.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Whatdafukketygirl what the woman trying to say is this - Reach down in your undies to find out for sure.

Now me, I like masculine things but I live as female, how jacked up am I?
    you can smack me here Nicole Erin,(but i just may like it though )

ah you jacked up or confused lol....so you are in touch with your masculine side as well..it works either way....lol
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.

I like pretty things and I know I'm female, just deformed between the legs! HA HA