Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I like pretty things, does that make me a female?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Doesn't this beg the LARGER question?

Does that mean all "pretty men" r feminine!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hmm, liking musicals is feminine? I really don't think I'm indulging my feminine side by watching Kiss Me Kate and backing up to see Ann Miller's "Too Darn Hot" number twice...

If your favorite musical is "cats", then your most definitely female 8=P
    Coyote
    ==

"When I came out to my father as gay, he was shocked... and so was his boyfriend" - Bi-Polar Bear on Queerduck

http://www.CoyoteRidgeFilms.com/movs/roxie-dog.mov

Crocheting

Back in my younger days and in the Navy, I had a shipmate that crocheted and knitted. He made some very interesting things. Believe me he was in no way a female.

Likes and dislikes are not necessarily gender specific.
    [SIZE="3"]Luv ,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Theresa
    [/SIZE]

Go Steelers!

Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post
    On the "lighter" side... a simple question...

I like pretty things, like like floral patterns (egad!), I like lace, I like color. I like clothing made from these things, skirts, dresses, shirts (tops), etc.

I also like Musicals (oh no, not that!).
    Hi Meri, what lovely thoughts!

One aspect that continuously intrigues me
    is that I often get the feeling that pretty things in particular choose me...
    I can ignore the feeling if I want to... but I try not to.

That has led to the problem that I've amassed loads of... well, junk!
    I mean like, my closet is bursting at the seams with pretty cloths (and shoeware, and makeup...) that doesn't fit or doesn't really suit me.
    That's probably just me, Gaby, gathering information and dixcovering this and that at random.

But perhaps "these pretty things" are manipulating me and it's only a matter of time before "more serious things" take over.
    I'm glad Musicals don't expect me to adjust to them!

Quote Originally Posted by meri View Post
    On the "lighter" side... a simple question...

Does that make me inherently female or can I enjoy all of these things and still think of myself a "male".

Do we sometimes get confused about this, that is, because I like these things (whatever your personal list is), then I must be feminine?

Something to think about, I invite your comments...
    I'm not at all a woman though I must be a sinner!
    Being a woman would be an even greater punishment for me
    than having to put up with running around town in drab
    while women taunt me with
    startling hair,
    perfect makeup,
    attractive and contrasting outfits and, most likely in Winter,
    high heeled boots.

At least at the moment.
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMarie View Post
    Absolutely. Anybody who likes anything pretty is indeed considered to be female.

It's a little know fact, but Buddy Holly was actually female, as evidenced in his song "Chantilly Lace."
    "Chantilly Lace.".was performed by The Big Bopper

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I went into the garage. Does that make me a car?

Yes Holly, you went into the garage.... but did you like it????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I like pretty things too. Like pretty girls, women and the pretty clothes they wear. That sure does not make me female. If it did, I'd be a lesbian. lol

It makes you someone who has good taste and likes pretty things..

No. But here's a test of something: what comes next: "clang clang clang went the trolley..."

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMarie View Post
    It's a little known fact, but Buddy Holly was actually female, as evidenced in his song "Chantilly Lace."
    Did Buddy write it? It was a hit for "the Big Bopper" forget his name.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 01-21-2011 at 08:34 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    "Ding Ding went the bell"..... isnt that from the movie "meet me in st louis.. " the trolley song" ... Judy garland....lol

hey Karen your signature I think is quite apt for this thread.... lol.... "gender is a state of mind"

if you dont mind it dont matter.... lol.. :
    Last edited by shesadvl; 01-21-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Did Buddy write it? It was a hit for "the Big Bopper" forget his name.
    Depends on if you trust Wikipedia, but here is there take: ""Chantilly Lace" is the name of a rock and roll song, written and originally performed by The Big Bopper (J.P. Richardson) in 1958."

Quote Originally Posted by msniki48 View Post
    Yes Holly, you went into the garage.... but did you like it????

Ewwwwwwww... NO! Definately NOT pretty .
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

dvl, aren't you a GG? The "test" is for those born male ( but not to be taken seriously ).
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    If your favorite musical is "cats", then your most definitely female 8=P
    Hey! I went to see "Cats" twice! Thanks, Coyote! Of course, I even liked "Hairspray"! Maybe I DO have a fem side after all!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    "Chantilly Lace.".was performed by The Big Bopper
    Whew! Thank goodness some else here is old enuff to know THAT! Unless u Googled it, Jeanna?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would as a child chase snakes cach frogs and now that im grown I like a sharp suit and tye it shapes me no less than the car I drive or the movies I see I'm still and have allways been who I am, I'm a girl I just like difrent things than most girls it won't make me a boy lol
    "if i find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world."
    -C.S Lewis

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    dvl, aren't you a GG? The "test" is for those born male ( but not to be taken seriously ).
    yes I am lol....okies.... just saying that doesnt matter what gender you are its ok to be in touch with either your maschuline/or femmine side....or both.,...it works both
    ways,....

at least should stop all the confusion...hence my comment about your signature....

lol :battineyelashesL: maybe im showing my age in knowledge lol..
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.