Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens to you when you get "the urge" ?

What happens to you when you get "the urge" ?

For me, I get antsy. I keep thinking about clothes and everything I want. Then its like an unscratchable itch, where I just have to dress up.
    I can get very fustrated and slightly down if Im not careful, just by dwelling on how small my wardrobe is.
    Actually, having so little to dress up in fustrates me a lot.

How about you? What does it feel like for you when you get your urges?

For me it's no big deal if I get the itch. I just throw on a dress instead of standard men's clothes when I at home or if I want to go for a walk around the neighbourhood. If it's a casual dress in the wintertime I will wear socks and boat shoes, or if it's a formal dress, hose, heels, and make-up.

I have a lot more dresses and skirts than my wife, and I actually do wear them about half of the time, unlike my wife that wears only pants and shorts.

I was fortunate that my ex-wife left me clothes and shoes that fit me. I guess you will just have to go down to a thrift shop and find some clothes cheap.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

When that happens to me i go shopping on line or at a store. Quenches the urge and i have built up quite a wardrobe and all my make up that way. Seem i lose all my inhabitions when that happens.

Reggie

Since I dress about 80% of the time I rarely get an urge other than maybe wearing a formal or something of that nature

Finding my inner femme *~Cassie~*'s Avatar
    I'm only a part time underdresser, had some urges recently, just went to a pound shop and bought some tights (coz I purged everything I had a while ago and hadn't dressed since :s)

Gold Member
    Some times; when I get in a irritating mode, or just cranky, My wife says to me,
    "Go and put your bra on"
    It does seem to calm me down. It just does. Rader

What happens to you when you get "the urge" ?

If it itches I scratch it at least as soon as posible

Michelle
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

I go online and look at a few clothing sites, then I race upstairs and dive into my clothes and warpaint and head to the mall !

I no longer get "the urge" per say.... Not saying I never want to dress its more like always having the same level want... That never goes away but never gets uncontrollable.. if I get the chance... Fine... If I don't, also fine.... And I've incorporated enough feminine things into my daily life that in reality I'm always semi-crossdressing... To the extent that even when I'm playing ice hockey I'm crossdressing!! Like combining by two favorite sports!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Melissa,

Pretty much the same.. once the urge is there it is there. BUT, I have increasing periods where I have opportunity but no urge... I find this strange. It is like me saying no to CDing.. but it isn't!

Slo maybe we are on a sine wave.... up and down forever!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Actually, I suspect I am where Karren is...
    Kaz xx

I go through periods of getting the urge and not getting it, even though I could be dressing. I assumed it was just normal.

Melissa, yes!
    Kaz xx

before I accepted the way that I am, when I used to get the urge, I used to drink, and drink heavily, I could never get dressed up while I was smashed, I'd eventually
    pass out and the urge would be gone the next morning.

Mind you that this is probably the worst thing that can be done to avoid the urge, there are too many issues that get involved. I eventually learned this. Now that I've accepted myself, when I get the urge, I just accept it, under dress if the wife and kids are around, or give the wife some cash so she and the kids can go shop while I do my thing.

pretty much the same as karren here too always have the urge, just can't always act on that urge somtimes - it's something you just have adjust to in your situation. No level of frustrations either here. Limited dressing time so the amount of clothing doesn't matter too much, just try to enjoy the time you do have. That's just me though.

When I get the urge I grab my purse and go shopping, although all this snow is about to tear the girl right out of me! I've got the urge and cant get out I'm about to SCREAM!!! DID YOU HEAR MY SCREAM!?

When I get the urge and the opportunity isn't there, I try to put it out of my mind by concentrating on other things. But if I know that I'll have the opportunity within the next few hours, I get real antsy, and find it real hard to concentrate on what I'm doing. If I buy a cute outfit it really drives me nuts until I finally get to put it on.Or if I see a cute guy or girl wearing something pretty I think about how it would look and feel on me. If I think obout it a lot- then I just got to have it and I am fixated on it!

Vicki
    When I get the urge I find I think about it constantly.

The only problem I have is that I find sometimes the actual event doesn't live up to the anticipation.

[SIZE="3"]When ever I get the "urge", I try to dress to the "NINES". When I have the urge and can not dress, I try to shop. Then there are the times, when I can not act on the urge, and I get irritable.
    My wife usually prevents the irritable stage. She tells me to, "go put your girl clothes on".
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I wear panties 24/7 so when I get the urge and am not in a position to dress, I just go into the bathroom and play with the lace on my panties for a few minutes. Seems to help me through the tough spots and playng with lace is always fun.

Banned Read only
    It is rare that I don't have something on frequently enough to get an "urge" but there have been a few times, knowing my wife was going away and I would be dressed up for days at a time that anticipation really kept me sidetracked. I do like the anticipation just thinking about the dresses and lingerie I would be wearing.

I no longer consider it an urge. I wake up in the morning and after my shower, I go en femme for several hours at least. Since I'm up early I don't have to worry about unexpected visitors. Or any other time I know I'll be alone for a while. So it's not an urge, it's just what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    To the extent that even when I'm playing ice hockey I'm crossdressing!! Like combining by two favorite sports!! Lol.
    Competitive crossdressing...potentially a new olympic sport. How do you declare the victor? Most passable or best ensemble? would it be a "contact" sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki_M View Post
    When I get the urge I find I think about it constantly.

The only problem I have is that I find sometimes the actual event doesn't live up to the anticipation.
    I have this problem but I think it is driven by only partial dressing. When I get all dolled up, the urge is gone but I also don't want to stop. When it is time to put Christy away, I get anxious and dissappointed. Then I pine over it and spend available time with limited dressing until I can get all dolled up again.

Back in by younger days, when the urge hit and I could not give in to it, I also got antsy, and then angry, and finally depressed. I hated those times. Now that I've grown old and no longer work, I never get out of feminine clothes long enough to really get an urge. Most days, unless I'm going out, I dress. some days it's skirts, some days it's pants, but almost all days are spent at least partly, while crossdressed. a lot of days all day. I'm always underdressed, so no urges, no anger, and no depression, just me being a happy girl most of the time, and a real happy guy the rest of the time.
    Tina B.

Most of the time I just indulge it for a few hours, but antsy is a good description.
    It rarely happens these days, but I do find myself in situations where I cant dress for awhile.

I set aside time each month to dress, so if the urge hits and I cant indulge it I plan that session and work on clearing my schedule.
    I may look for a new makeup look, put a different outfit together or do some window shopping while Im taking care of other stuff.

There is actually allot of work in getting a clear day to dress and that keeps me busy.
    I try to do all those productive things that will come to mind when Im dressed that I should be doing.
    I leave a few tasks to do while dressed, usually internet stuff or simple tasks.

Its really no different than planning to take off for a weekend.
    But the planning helps me deal with it, and sometimes you get a bonus.
    I had a closet that really needed cleaned out; didnt want to deal with it on my day.
    When I hauled the extra stuff to goodwill I found a nice blouse with the tags on it for a few dollars.

In the past I found that it was easy to just get lost in that in that antsy feeling.
    That actually made it harder to find time and resources to dress.
    Just picking a day and saying Im going to get this clear focussed my efforts.
    BTW planning a night out will really focus those efforts.
    Last edited by Cari; 01-22-2011 at 12:02 PM.