Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is height a problem for you??

At 5'8" my height has been problematic when doing certain guy things but when dressed in my feminine attire, even in 4"heels I can blend in pretty well with the other girls.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle 51 View Post
    I'm 6 ft and hate flats so I wear heels.There are tall women out there but you can see the difference real quick.Something about our shoulders being about twice as wide,big hands and feet maybe
    And the Adam's Apple...

I somehow don't think heel height is the big deal-breaker for being clocked.

I am at the other end of the spectrum, Did you ever try to find a pair of pantswit a 24" inseam. Even petite's with heels still drag on the ground.

So yes height is an issue for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just this morning, while jogging at the park, I saw two pretty GGs who were every bit as tall as my 6 foot three inch self. So, no, my height is not an issue when I go out fully dressed. From my experience, I pass well and expect that people just see a tall girl when they see me. Not a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by alana_v View Post
    im quite tall.

i used to think it was a problem but i've learned to work it and love it.
    Yes! That is the attitude I adopt! Why not use height to our advantage? The most successful models are over 6 feet. Not saying I'm anything like a model, but being tall is truly a blessing. I'm 6 foot 3 inches, without heels.

More of the same here. 5' 13" and I don't like flats. I feel like I move a lot better with some heels so I generally compromise and wear 2 inch heels.
    Mary

Well, being 5'12" my self I was concerned about the height issue. Then after going out so much and seeing so many tall women I don't give it a second thought. Even with flats people will look at a woman my height, so why not enjoy myself and my heels. Of course I don't go prancing through WalMart with 5" heels either. No need to push the issue. If the occasion calls for heels then heels it is.
    Damn the torpedoes, full height ahead....LOL.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    No, height has not been a problem for me. I'm only 5'12" tall in my stocking feet, and when I'm in 4" heels, I'm a petite 5'16" tall. Why would that be a problem?
    Thanks, for the giggle!

I've been fairly conscious of height issues of late and when out in public notice how many tall women there are. I'm 6'2" and do see a fair number of women that I look straight in the eye. Of course, the next thing I look at is their feet to see what they are wearing and only about half of them are in heels.

So, there are plenty of GGs at my height. However, unusual height is a chink in the armor that can get people questioning and if you're that tall the rest of your presentation has better be very good. OTOH, go out with a group of tall girls and you'll blend in!

As Karren said above, I have also lost height. I was 5'10" at age 14. I am now 5'8" at age 65.

Jodi

A bit lucky, I suppose, if height is a problem… I'm rather small, 5' 7".
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

If you enjoy them & they're not causing you pain ( wallking all day in high heels sometimes does ), walk tall & proud. Accept you will be read at times, and know most who notice don't really care.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'm 5'15" in my stocking feet...And I ALWAYS wear heels when I go out.... My favorite heels put me at nearly 5' 20"...( I figure it sounds better that way... ) But I take the advise of one of my favorite actresses...Jean Smart from "Designing Women" who herself is over 6' tall....She was given the advise when she was growing up..."Don't hide your from yourself...be proud of your height....hold your head high...shoulders back and show the world you're a beautiful woman..." That's what I do whenever I go out....And I enjoy being a beautiful woman when I go out..."Confidence" is 95% of passing...Besides....In Texas...6'+ GG's are a dime a dozen....LOL [/SIZE]

http://www.kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

I've seen a GG passing through at work who was 7 feet 2

It occurs to me that the number of tall GG depends to a certain extent on your location. In my travels I do get the impression that some areas are taller than others. I mixed with a few American ladies for a while and they were all fairly tall compared to say the ladies I met in Mexico.
    I think the same may go for men. I'm tall here in the SW of England but if I go home and mix with my old school friends then we are all over 6".
    I wonder if I'm right?

Height can be a problem for me, but I put on some 4" heels and then I am tall enough.

Thankfully, being 5'5'' (or actually 165cm) height is not a problem for me. Though it was a bit of a problem for my male self when I was trying to be "very normal".

5'4'', 105 lbs ... It's easier for me to fit in women's clothes than men's (I actually have to shop in the youth department for my boy mode clothes) ... This height is great to blend in, but it makes you very vulnerable should you ever have a bad encounter ...

I am 5-11 and when I wear my fav 3" black boots I feel a little to tall.
    I stay sitted when out since I feel I stand out to much.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I am around the neighborhood of 5' 10" to 5' 11" tall. Do I let that stop me from wearing pretty heels if the outfit and the mood call for them? Heck no!! I know that I will be an outlier in the sense that there are few tall women like me (well, there's few men like me as well! ), but I don't let it stop me. Yes, I like to blend into the crowd if I can, but I like to stand out as well at times. A tall skinny woman in 4-inch heels definitely stands out, let me tell you!

Kathi

i guess im blessed being a whippet at 5'6 so any height im fine with!!

I'm 6'0" and I don't wear shoes with more than a 2" heel, but it's not because of the over-all height as much as comfort and stability for me.
    warmly, Linnea

I'm 5'11 and I have a fear of falling flat on my butt if I wear heels larger than two or three inches.

I'm 180cm (5'11''?) and prefer 5'' heels. I try to avoid anything lower than 4'' since lower heels make my feet appear larger (EU43/US12). I also avoid platforms - they just make me taller.

I'm not sure if my size will be a problem - I guess my face will be a bigger issue, though.

The only way that height is a problem for me, is that I have a terrible time finding shoes. I'm 5'9" so there are plenty of taller women...but I need a size 13 WW or EW shoe. I'l love to buy pumps and flats in that size. Any ideas? I don't want more than a 2 or 3 at the most inch heel on the pump.

I'm so blessed! I'm only about 5'6", and I can wear my 5" heels and look most other GG's wearing flats in the eyes! LOL!