Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is height a problem for you??

Is height a problem for you??

So i have been thinking recently whilst walking around in my heels if and when i decide to go out in my attire then i have a height issue, im about 6ft 2/3 but with my current pair of heels im pushing 6ft 7/8 as they have a good 5 inch heel if i go out in them then i am obviously going to be rumbled pretty quickly as u really dont see women THAT tall even with smaller heels im going to be huge....the obvious answer would be to not where heels but they make me feel like a woman and flats dont so does anyone else have this problem????
    Oh if you're gonna love me love the life I lead
    Need the things I need don't try to change me
    If you're gonna take me take me for what I am
    I can't be another man I can't be free
    'Cos the life I lead is the life I lead

I'm 6 foot tall and I usually wear about 2- 3 inch heels. I find this heel height a good comprimise because they look and feel more natural than higher heels and I'm able to walk in a more controlled and feminine manner. (However, I refuse to wear flats)
    Keep in mind though when I go out I don't usually expect to pass as a gg, but rather it is pretty well assumed by most that I am a cder. I always do my absolute best to present as female but let's face it, there just so much you do.

Get some nice ballet shoes, they're comfier and they can be pretty.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'm 6ft 4 and it's one of the excuses I've used all my life for not going out in public much. It's daft I know, as my younger sister is 6ft and my daughter is 5ft 10. She didn't wear heels until her twenties, but now does. I recall feeling emensly proud seeing her at the bar, ordering a few drinks, this new years eve, standing gorgeous and tall above most of men there. I just wish her old man could find that confidence sometimes.

Like Tanya, I am 6 feet tall also and when I go out, at night time especially, I usually end up wearing heels. I figure that as even Helen Keller could tell that I'm not a real girl, if I want to wear heels then I might as well.

Hi,

Im 5 . 9 & dont wear heels that often like most of my women friends. i do have them tho i do a lot of walking id rather have my army or ankle boots they are both leather. most days its low flats sneaker or my dress e shoes & now more with our dog.

...noeleena...

fierce glamazon
    im quite tall.

i used to think it was a problem but i've learned to work it and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_Marie View Post
    So i have been thinking recently whilst walking around in my heels if and when i decide to go out in my attire then i have a height issue, im about 6ft 2/3 but with my current pair of heels im pushing 6ft 7/8 as they have a good 5 inch heel if i go out in them then i am obviously going to be rumbled pretty quickly as u really dont see women THAT tall even with smaller heels im going to be huge....the obvious answer would be to not where heels but they make me feel like a woman and flats dont so does anyone else have this problem????
    If you're tall then I don't think the heels make a big difference a cder in flats at 6' 2" is going to be rumbled as easily as a someone at 6' 7" in heels. So wear what makes you feel comfortable and feminine. I always wear heels but tend to only go for 2 to 3 inches as they are easier to walk in. I'm lucky to be only 5' 6" so I don't have a height problem.

Without a doubt. At 6' 6" I get comments as a male let alone as a female and then add heals, even small ones I wouldn't stand a hope in hell of passing. I don't know if it's because I do stand out in most situations but if I was to go out dressed I'd want to keep as low profile as possible. I'd want to blend in, to be treated as female. i wouldn't want to seen as a male in womans' clothing at all..Perhaps it's just me, maybe I am to self conscience even as male or just lack the huge amount of confidence needed. Therefore going out isn't going to happen.

I'm the perfect height for a crossdresser - 5' 4" tall, so I fit petite and regular sizes. Plus real school girl and cheerleader outfits. I also have a dream selection of clothes and shoes for my size.

I thought I was the tall one at 6' 2" and then my heels, I really don't care anymore. I wear what I want and still nobody says anything. I do look good in my 4" stillito heels knee high boots though

There are plenty of GGs who are tall and they simply own it. My little sister is 6'1" in bare feet (taller than me). I see plenty of tall girls all the time. I always notice when a woman is self conscious about her height, but if she walks with confidence then if I notice anything about her it will probably not be her height.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Height for me is not really a problem. I'm 5'9" and it seems that some GG's are taller than me. At work there are several taller GG's than me and this is when they wear flat shoes.

My mom is taller than my dad he's 5'8" she's 5'11" and she used to wear heels and looked great I'm 6'3" and I see alot of girls in my everyday work that are as tall and sometime taller than me.
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

Banned Read only
    Thankfully no. I'm only 5' 5" so even with my highest heels, 4", when I am out, I look only on the taller side of female average. I'm sorry for you and even women of that height. Heels are usually off limits.

Height is really only an issue if you let it be one. There are many tall woman out there and they handle their height just fine. In fact, many tall woman that I have met enjoy being tall, they say that it is empowering. I am 5'11" and never wear anything lower than a 2 1/2" heels. My usual evening heel height is 3 1/2" - 4 1/2". Many years ago, when I first began going out, I was nervous about being seen and looking out of place because of my height. Now I just enjoy being me, standing tall, and looking straight ahead.

There are really two issues here. First is whether you are comfortable going out in heels if you are on the north side of 6'. I like how it was said above, most tall women "own" their height. They embrace it as part of them. But the other issue is whether one can "feel like a woman" in anything less than heels. The last time I checked, heels don't make one any more or less of a woman. Women have infinite variety when it comes to their style choices and a gorgeous pair of flats not only can be as fun & feminine as any pair of heels but may also be better for wherever you might be going. In other words, don't limit yourself based on a heel.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

5ft 3in. Nope
    Actually, I love being a woman of near average height (I suppose I'm shorter than the average female, but less so than the average male) than a very short man. I've not had any problems as a guy, but I'd still have liked a few more inches

I'm 6 ft and hate flats so I wear heels.There are tall women out there but you can see the difference real quick.Something about our shoulders being about twice as wide,big hands and feet maybe
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Aspiring Member
    Last week I was at the Phillips Gallery in DC and saw a woman there who was at least 6'-3". She wore modest heeled boots. She "owned it" and had great poise.

As for "us" taller girls, no matter what our attributes, we will probably get read by the observant. If you have confidence in who you are, it becomes a non-issue. If someone reads me as a "guy", it will be as a feminine guy who likes being who I am.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Im 6ft and I don't worry about my height, even in 3 inch heels. In fact I stand up straighter when Im dressed. Be happy and proud of who are

Doing a little digging, I found a quoted statistic stating there are over 1.5 million US women over 5'9". The adult US population is about 210 million. That is about 0.7% of the female adult population which is a fairly small number (less than 1 out of 100). The average height of an US woman is 5'4". I could not find any range or standard deviation information, but I know it is out there and I was too lazy to search for more than 5 minutes.

I'm 5'9". My very informal observations over the past year has found at least 1 out of 20-30 (3.5-4%) are very close to my height or taller even with accounting for heels. I'm totally out in the mainstream so I notice my height when I'm out especially in crowds. I no longer worry about it since I fall into the high extreme of average for US woman.

I tend to wear flats whenever I'll be doing a lot of standing or walking. There are bunches of really cute flats, sandals and boots without heels. I totally understand wanting to wear heels all of the time, but like many GGs the "novelty" has worn off and I tend to wear what is stylish and comfortable for the activity or venue.

I used to be 6 foot tall... But thanks to age and gravity I'm now 5' 9"..... The way I figure in another 80 years I'll be down to a good feminine height assuming the average female grows a bit...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I'm six foot and usually wear a 3 inch heel. I do have a pair of 5 inch heels also. I'm also 198 pounds (broke that 200 pound mark on my way to 175?-hope springs eternal). My height, as well as my general size, makes me nervous going out. I look OK for a male, but, a female-NOT! I have gone out walking at night, especially rainy weather-less foot traffic. And, for a drive. When I was younger I thought it was great being 6 foot 1 inch before general old age spinal collapse, but, now I wish I was 5'7". One of my coworkers dressed her hubby for Halloween in one of her high school prom dresses because they are the same height. And, he is not a cross-dresser! What a waste of a nice gown! Sigh!

No, height has not been a problem for me. I'm only 5'12" tall in my stocking feet, and when I'm in 4" heels, I'm a petite 5'16" tall. Why would that be a problem?
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."