Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is height a problem for you??

Platinum Member
    I used to think I was tall - at 6'2", but there are lots of folks here much taller than me...and they look great. Besides I have a couple of nieces that are over 6' tall - they're beautiful. I don't think height should be a concern for any of us.

BriannaD formerly Alyssa
    5'6" here... Feel lucky now but growing up wished I was north of 6'
    No Woman wants to date a guy who owns cuter heels than her! Brianna

height isn't a problem , it's the width that is an issue

I really like some pairs of 5 inch heels that I see around, but I think that 6'10 will be a little strange for me. I am sure I would break an arm or something.

I'm 5'10" (down from 5' 10 3/4" a few years ago) and just love my height. It actually makes me look statuesque, and puts me into the height range of most female fashion models.

I normally wear regular misses or women's sizes, and have often received compliments from (shorter) GG SA's on how well the clothes I am trying on hang on me and how they envy me for my height. Most women's clothes in that category fit me perfectly when it comes to sleeve or pant legs lengths and rarely require modification. The only issue that I have ever run into is that some dresses might be a bit short-waisted or a little too high above the knee, but a simple hemline adjustment is usually all it takes to make them right. I've even tried shopping at Long Tall Sally (formerly The Tall Shop), but ironically enough, the clothes they carry there are typically too long for me.

I also routinely wear 2 1/2" or 3" heels and never feel out of place as I often encounter GG's who are as tall as (if not taller than) me when I'm out in public.

I'm 5'-10" & I sometimes wear boots with a 3" heel. no problem. I did get one comment from an older lady at the movie theater. She said to her husband, "My, she's a tall girl." I just loved being referred to as a girl.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Back before I transitioned in 79 it bothered me...but my wife and I were out to dinner one evening and met 2 of the "stars" of the Dallas Diamonds (WPBA - way back when) and they were both well over 6 foot. I saw how they stood proud in high heels and came to the resolution that if they could do it, so could I. As it turns out, our daughter is 6ft and to watch her is amazing. Till she got married, she'd pull lil short guys (under 5'11) around by their noses....

Jenn

I am 6ft 6 in my stockinged feet and generally wear 2" heels or flats, I have been out in 4" heels but this was to a club and not shopping or out and about. I am under no misconceptions that I "pass", I'm a CD and proud of it :-). If you are confident in yourself then that is half the battle. I have been out in NYC, Tokyo, Amsterdam and London, in all these places the majority of people are accepting and just get on with their own life's that they rarely notice me.

Being tall is a fact of life and I get looked at irrespective of the gender I am presenting in, especially in Tokyo. When I am out it is about walking tall and holding your head high. That's how the majority of Women are when they are out and by doing this, I feel I blend in to my surroundings.

Heels are defiantly feminine and fun, size 14 is my limitation and not the height.

Mala

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    I am completely thrilled with my new lower height of 5-9. I used to be just under 6-0. I dont reallyknow over what period I shrunk, but its normal for us as we get older.

Now I don't stand out heightwise as much as I did. I can'twear heels anyway due to my gigantic feet women's 16.5.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

I am 5´5" so height is definitely not a problem. But i dont feel short as male either. I guess i just dont care about height.

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I am 6'4" and my 5.75" heels are my favorite. Here's what I think. I know I don't pass. I am obviously a dude in a dress even if I wear flats. So I wear my heels and have fun with it. Since I know I can't pass, I don't even try anymore. I'm just a really big crossdresser. And recently, I'm more of a dude in a skirt and heels.
    xxoo
    Jennifer

Alisa Parra
    Not really... im 5'9 with heels no more then even 6 . latina looking (kinda plus size) pass of as normal latina in public.

Being 6'-1" isn't so bad, but my size 13 feet make it hard to find shoes. Guess I will have to find/order some on-line. Since I spend most of my time in the closet, it's not a big deal.

I'm 6'5" in my bare feet, so I know what you're talking about. If you need to wear heels to feel like a woman, then you don't have much choice. Personally, I like flats better than heels any day, so I guess I'm lucky in that respect, but my shoes don't have anything to do with making me feel like a man or woman, that comes from within. I do want a shoe that is feminine looking, but low heels or flats can be just as feminine as the highest heels as far as I'm concerned. If I wear heels, I have to watch out when going through doorways so as to not hit my head or snag my wig, and I can do without that.

And yes, there are females who are very tall too, but they're typically built much more slenderly than we tall T-girls are built, different proportions too, so the fact that there are tall females doesn't really make it any easier for tall T-girls to pass. We really cannot blend in, even if we're slender. Our height attracts attention, and under scrutiny, we don't pass, so if you're tall and want to go out and about, just accept that you aren't going to pass. You'll probably be accepted, at least in most parts of the US, which is better than passing as far as I'm concerned.

But it does take guts.

When I was a kid, a neighbor lady and her oldest daughter were both 6'3"-6'4", and the mother did wear low heels sometimes, the daughter usually dressed in a rather masculine style and wore men's shoes sometimes, but no one ever doubted that she was a woman, as far as I recall. They were never particularly active in neighborhood social stuff, and I suspect it was due to their height, but I'm not sure. I wish they still lived nearby, I'd love to talk to them about how their height has been an issue in their lives.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

At 6'6" height is an issue if I let it be an issue......I am trying to live by the motto "beauty comes in all sizes". I love heels but need to be careful when I walk through doors or under fans....LOL. At my height, passing is not an option, but it does not mean I don't feel really sexy when dressed!

I'm 5' 11.5" and wear heels and don't find this to be a problem.. Matter of fact, I can walk like a woman in heels.. something I have difficulty doing in flat shoes, so the height isn't a concern for me. My sister is only an inch shorter than me and she wears heels often.. I've known many tall women and don't see height as an issue... A couple decades ago, a female friend I used to hang out with, she was 6' 4".. and back in December at a Fashion Bug, the SA was taller than me..she was in flats, I was in heels, and she was still taller than me.

I'm 6'3" and don't have a problem with being tall. I enjoy wearing all sorts of shoes with all sorts of heel heights. If I'm read, so be it, just don't disrespect me in public is all I ask.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

I am 6'3 and usually wear flats or 1"heels. I usually go to malls and lunch dressed. No one gives me a second look.
    I assume people look quickly and quickly in their minds flash up tall/medium/short. and then move on.
    Janet

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_Marie
    ...the obvious answer would be to not where heels but they make me feel like a woman and flats dont so does anyone else have this problem?
    [SIZE="2"]Well, flats make me feel a certain way – not “like a woman,” but certainly not like a male, which is the whole point, right? I get dizzy easily, so I don’t wear heels. The slightest motion contrary to my center of gravity makes me seasick; in fact I have a hard time playing video games! I think wearing women’s shoes, regardless of what type they are, accomplishes what you set out to do, namely step out of your male self (pun intended)…

BTW, height is not a problem for me – I’m not tall, rather average as a matter of fact, so I can go around largely unnoticed. I have several female friends who are taller than me, and they don’t wear heels, either…
    [/SIZE]

I find that height may not be the real issue but tall women stand out. It really is not how tall you are that gives you away that just makes people look. There are many other male feature that are as difficult to hide that are ultimately the give away practice your makeup skills and work on hiding that adams apple and nobody would care if you are 8 feet tall.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Bass Ackwards since 1991! Allyson Michelle's Avatar
    Not really height but foot size is. Im 5'9"-ish and I wear a shoe size 14 women's(US). I hate my big 'ol man feet! I wish they were smaller and more feminine.
    I'm not a very religious person, but this quote really got me closer to Him and myself. For I now know the true meaning of who I am.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his face, nor on the height of his stature . . . : for [SIZE="3"]the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the mind.[/SIZE]" - (1 Sam 16:7)

I am 5'7", so height is not really a big problem, but, like mentioned above, width is an issue that I am working on.